Injen Intake for 10th Gen 2016 Civic Turbo: Huge Power Gains!

ichii

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic coupe and 2011 CR-Z
Country flag
Wow. Sounds like a bigger job than I expected. I'm sure the cold air is much more involved. Why did you do the short ram instead?
It's a stupid reason, but you can hear the short ram more than the cold air. I also didn't want to take off the front bumper.

Stevo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Hatchback EXL Navi 2017
Vehicle Showcase
Is it hard to get to the filter on the cold air setup to clean or replace it? Do you have to take the bumper off for that ?

Stevo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
It's a stupid reason, but you can hear the short ram more than the cold air. I also didn't want to take off the front bumper.
That's actually a good reason. The car is very quiet stock. I'm debating an exhaust but I want the intake to give it at least a little rumble.

Stevo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
That's actually a good reason. The car is very quiet stock. I'm debating an exhaust but I want the intake to give it at least a little rumble.
I'm actually coming from a 6.4 liter SRT so anything is gonna be quieter to me.

ichii

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Is it hard to get to the filter on the cold air setup to clean or replace it? Do you have to take the bumper off for that ?
Yeah I would think so, I had a cold air in my Accord and would have to take the bumper off to clean it. That's why I just went with short ram for the current cars I have.

Stevo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah I would think so, I had a cold air in my Accord and would have to take the bumper off to clean it. That's why I just went with short ram for the current cars I have.
If I would have to take the bumper off to clean it I will probably go with the short ram also. I don't wanna have to take the bumper off every time I need to clean the filter. Are you happy with the short ram? How much does it improve the sound?

ichii

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
If I would have to take the bumper off to clean it I will probably go with the short ram also. I don't wanna have to take the bumper off every time I need to clean the filter. Are you happy with the short ram? How much does it improve the sound?
You can hear the turbo a lot more like the winding up of the turbo and the suction noise.

Rob_13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-L Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
you dont need to take off the bumper for install or for cleaning cai, for cleaning just pulling back the wheel well liner you can easily get to the filter. for the install you will need to remove the tire and pull back the liner and also on the bottom driver side you'll need to remove the plastics.
Honda Civic 10th gen Injen Intake for 10th Gen 2016 Civic Turbo: Huge Power Gains! Screenshot (7)

bumper is never taken off

hawk02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Coupe
you dont need to take off the bumper for install or for cleaning cai, for cleaning just pulling back the wheel well liner you can easily get to the filter. for the install you will need to remove the tire and pull back the liner and also on the bottom driver side you'll need to remove the plastics.
Screenshot (7).jpg

Awesome

UberCivic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Modern Steel Civic EX-L 2006 Highlander Hybrid 2002 Honda Insight 2000 Audi A6 2.7t
Country flag
Screenshot (7).jpg

I didn't want to chime in on this one because I don't have one, but yeah you almost never actually need to remove the bumper. I never did in my other Hondas despite the instructions telling you to.

OP
OP
procivic

procivic

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.procivic.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan, Others
Country flag
Waiting for this answer too
We'll have an install video on this in the next couple weeks I believe. Taking off the bumper always seems scary, but it is not at all when you get down to it. It is very easy to do. Just a bunch of push clips and a few screws.

In any case, we're going to try do the cold air version without removing the bumper, but I'm not sure if that is possible.

Stevo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Screenshot (7).jpg

Thanks

Stevo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Honda Civic 10th gen Injen Intake for 10th Gen 2016 Civic Turbo: Huge Power Gains! IMG_8368.JPG
Honda Civic 10th gen Injen Intake for 10th Gen 2016 Civic Turbo: Huge Power Gains! IMG_8369.JPG
Honda Civic 10th gen Injen Intake for 10th Gen 2016 Civic Turbo: Huge Power Gains! IMG_8370.JPG

I installed the CAI today. I had a shop do it, they had to partially remove the bumper to take out the old box and install this. So far it seems to add very nicely to the sound of the car and not sure if it's just psychological but it seems quicker to me

Last edited: