Injen Intake for 10th Gen 2016 Civic Turbo: Huge Power Gains!

NorthernEX-T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Type R
Vehicle Showcase
What would be best? The stock intake honestly. Like previously stated, you won't be making great gains until something is done about the turbo inlet part connecting to the intake. It's a pan cake literally lmao. I would get a drop in filter like afe and the mishimoto rubber intake hose. That's about it, until something else is done. Also as always I don't recommend anyone modify their car for any performance benefits without using flashpro with a custom tune.
Very true comment :bow:
Sponsored

OP
OP
procivic

procivic

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.procivic.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan, Others
Country flag
The factory inlet pipe does look quite restrictive, and that is one area that we'll be looking to improve. However, the Injen intake still does make real gains despite the restrictive factory turbo inlet pipe. The sound is also much better.

chubbz05

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport 6MT, 2010 Honda Odyssey EX
Does it fits the hatchback?

Here is a little clip of my Sport 6MT in second gear in my work parking garage. Not the best clip but may help people on the fence. Haven't pushed it hard yet to feel any top end gains, but you can't deny the sound![/QUOTE]

Canndo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda White 4-Door -Turbo 1.5
Amen. dyno it with fore independent owners. Hell ye. I will put up what i saw.

Stevo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Hatchback EXL Navi 2017
Vehicle Showcase
How hard is the cold air intake to install and do you really need to take the bumper off? Taking the bumper off scares me

Stevo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
The 1.5 turbo is so quiet. Does this air intake improve the sound, or do you really need an aftermarket exhaust to give it a nice sound?

OP
OP
procivic

procivic

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.procivic.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan, Others
Country flag
The 1.5 turbo is so quiet. Does this air intake improve the sound, or do you really need an aftermarket exhaust to give it a nice sound?
The intake improves the sound tremendously. The car sounds much better and you can really hear the turbo!

Stevo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
The intake improves the sound tremendously. The car sounds much better and you can really hear the turbo!
How hard is the cold air intake to install and do you really need to take the bumper off? Taking the bumper off scares me

Stevo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 0
Last edited:

ichii

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic coupe and 2011 CR-Z
Country flag
Cold air you need to take the front bumper off. Short ram you don't have to. I think it took me about 90 minutes to do the short ram intake. Think the hardest part was to pull the stock intake off the inlet pipe.

Stevo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Cold air you need to take the front bumper off. Short ram you don't have to. I think it took me about 90 minutes to do the short ram intake. Think the hardest part was to pull the stock intake off the inlet pipe.
Wow. Sounds like a bigger job than I expected. I'm sure the cold air is much more involved. Why did you do the short ram instead?

hawk02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Coupe
With the power Vit and Hondata are getting with stock intake I may just do a drop in filter or wait for PRL

dc2turbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic,teg
Country flag
Wow. Sounds like a bigger job than I expected. I'm sure the cold air is much more involved. Why did you do the short ram instead?
it took me 10mins to do my short ram intake
Sponsored