Injen Intake for 10th Gen 2016 Civic Turbo: Huge Power Gains!

Sgtstaadanko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The stupidity of my questions can't hold a candle to yours, and I'll punctuate the way I want.
Lulz, there may be one or two people whom disagree with that. And you may absolutely punctuate as you see fit, but you run the risk of looking like you don't understand English very well.
Sponsored

mathew62

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Coupe EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I literally did this when I read this post.
Honda Civic 10th gen Injen Intake for 10th Gen 2016 Civic Turbo: Huge Power Gains! fc7e1b09bcb54f86aa53394b8047e95261357c74410860202c8d6f3ea2787b53

People need to just start ignoring this guy... maybe he'll just go away. Contributes absolutely nothing positive to this forum.
HAHAHA I felt the same to this

totopo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Ex Hatch, 370z
Country flag
We have 47 pages of discussion, readouts, and empirical data on that very subject. Happy reading! :coffee:
I thought the consensus after 47 pages was that the CVT dyno graphs are wonky and everyone is waiting for people to test the MT for some better data...

Design

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 MS3, 17 ABM Si Sedan
Country flag
There is definitely a gain. And that's been corroborated by our friends in China with the 1.5 MT. But you're right in that the area under the curve is wonky. We'll get more reliable/consistent info in 2-3 months.

NorthernEX-T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Sounds extreme, but pretty typical of the downside to an aftermarket intake. The resonator smooths out the pulses of air that the engine sucks in every time the valves open and close. At lower RPM it is much more noticeable, and our cars already have a rough idle from the factory. I can see it making the engine shake a little, hopefully not nearly as much as you suggest.
Ya well it is pretty extreme IMO, not too impressed, but oh well..

UberCivic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Modern Steel Civic EX-L 2006 Highlander Hybrid 2002 Honda Insight 2000 Audi A6 2.7t
Country flag
Ya well it is pretty extreme IMO, not too impressed, but oh well..
That's not good. I would put a tank of gas through it too see if it is still shaking and then send it back and ask for a refund. You might be a little screwed on shipping because you are in Canada.

Andy123az

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Acura MDX Tech, 2016 Honda Civic EX-L
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Question: Will the Injen intake mess with the air/fuel mixture? From my understanding the intake lets more air in but where/how would all that air exit out? Would I have to modify my exhaust?
Will the MAF sensor take care of all the air that's going in the intake?

Thanks.

Snoopyslr

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T, 2016 Ford F-150, 2003 Subaru Impreza WRX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Question: Will the Injen intake mess with the air/fuel mixture? From my understanding the intake lets more air in but where/how would all that air exit out? Would I have to modify my exhaust?
Will the MAF sensor take care of all the air that's going in the intake?

Thanks.
Your MAF will read the air flow and adjust the A:F accordingly. This is also true when you add more boost. There is a limit to how much fuel your injectors can supply tho.

One of the biggest reasons intake mods give more power is because the air is unrestricted, so velocity is increased. Giving you faster throttle response along with more delivery.

An intake mod will only be complimented by an exhaust mod. I.E. if you gain 10hp from an intake on stock exhaust, you'll probably gain 12hp from the intake with an aftermarket exhaust. Turbos like to breathe free, so having as little restriction on the air system as possible is optimal.

chrisliese

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic exl-t, 2002 Honda s2000 turbo, 2016 Honda Odyssey
Still not sold on this intake. What are the true gains for this?
I have had a injen short ram in for a month now. Increased fuel econ from 26 to 30 mpg.
better pick-up off the line and passing as well.
smoother engine at lower RPM as well.
It has removed that little hesitation when you punch the throttle to pull out and pass.
Finally can hear the turbo spool up and the BOV release.

Brandons2697

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX
I have had a injen short ram in for a month now. Increased fuel econ from 26 to 30 mpg.
better pick-up off the line and passing as well.
smoother engine at lower RPM as well.
It has removed that little hesitation when you punch the throttle to pull out and pass.
Finally can hear the turbo spool up and the BOV release.
Nice. I may get it. Thanks for the response!

Snoopyslr

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T, 2016 Ford F-150, 2003 Subaru Impreza WRX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Guys, in less than 1 year we'll be seeing $50 intake systems for this car. It's a pipe. There isn't much difference between a $300 Injen intake and building something out of PVC pipe from Home Depot.
Sponsored