Injen cold air intake- installed

Gibzader

First Name
Rhyan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si, 2017 Mazda CX-3
Did you not like the full CAI or live in a flood happy area?
I live in Missouri, most of the year we get all 4 seasons in 1 day. So I decided to just do the Sri. Probably going to have my buddy 3d print a heat shield for me
Sponsored

LilToTo17

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
98 Civic EX with SI Conversion-Sold, 2017 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Got a heatshield for my SI just in case.
Honda Civic 10th gen Injen cold air intake- installed 20170828_201929
Honda Civic 10th gen Injen cold air intake- installed 20170828_201944

CStew81

First Name
Chase
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R
Country flag
Has anyone come across any problems with these yet? I.e ECU problems of CEL's? And on the flip side of that, have you felt that there is any power gain?

y2kprofesor

First Name
marius
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 honda civic si
Country flag
IMG_2848.JPG
Wrinkle red looks really good.
I think gains would be pretty close, if not the same with other brands. At first I was worried about heatsoaking it because of the weather here in Vegas but so far everything seems fine. But yea the sound tho. I always drive with my windows down so that I can hear it. Made my car sound really good. I think ima have my mufflers removed next to make my car sound meaner
Best thing I ever did it was to remove my mufflers.

Cheesus_Si

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic si
Country flag
Has anyone come across any problems with these yet? I.e ECU problems of CEL's? And on the flip side of that, have you felt that there is any power gain?
I did not get any issues at all after installation. I followed the instructions and disconnected the battery prior to installing the intake. I heard some cases where people do get a check engine light if they didn't disconnect the battery but it goes away. And for gains nothing that i could really feel. Did it pretty much just for the sound :D

CStew81

First Name
Chase
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R
Country flag
I did not get any issues at all after installation. I followed the instructions and disconnected the battery prior to installing the intake. I heard some cases where people do get a check engine light if they didn't disconnect the battery but it goes away. And for gains nothing that i could really feel. Did it pretty much just for the sound :D
Ok great, I would probably do it just for sound too anyway haha. Debating this one from Injen or the one that PRL is going to drop soon.

Cheesus_Si

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic si
Country flag
Ok great, I would probably do it just for sound too anyway haha. Debating this one from Injen or the one that PRL is going to drop soon.
went with injen because they were the first one to release a sri for the new si and i couldn't wait any much longer longer :D

OP
OP
BlackedoutFC1

BlackedoutFC1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
How significant is the sound chain inside the car? Every video online is the sound from outside the car.
It is quite noticeable with the windows up. With everyday driving and not flooring it at every red light it is hard to notice, which I like, it only screams at WOT

Greencobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic Si 2016 Mazda CX-9
Since you take off the bottom panel to make it cold air, it would take a good puddle to hydrolock this thing if installed properly huh? I just did mine Sri because I don't have stands yet to get below for cold air. Should be this weekend hopefully

Honda Civic 10th gen Injen cold air intake- installed IMG_20170830_124535

OP
OP
BlackedoutFC1

BlackedoutFC1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Since you take off the bottom panel to make it cold air, it would take a good puddle to hydrolock this thing if installed properly huh? I just did mine Sri because I don't have stands yet to get below for cold air. Should be this weekend hopefully

IMG_20170830_124535.jpg
yeah the part that took the longest for install was the removal of the underside panels. Between the panels and the honeycomb on the driver side being sealed I think it would take a good amount of standing water to cause an issue.

CStew81

First Name
Chase
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R
Country flag
Anyone have an install video for this? Or is it really straightforward?

OP
OP
BlackedoutFC1

BlackedoutFC1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Anyone have an install video for this? Or is it really straightforward?
To remove the intake it is a total of 2 screws and 4 bolts. the panels have the popper pin things. It comes with picture instructions but it is pretty straight forward.
Sponsored