Inaccurate navigation location

quadna71

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Touring sedan
Country flag
Can the system be calibrated to better pinpoint the location? Mine appears to be quite a ways off (shows me hundreds of yards east of true location) to the point that it sometimes thinks I'm on a different street. I'm tempted to perform a full reset to see if that does the trick but don't want to lose all my saved locations if that step isn't necessary. Thanks.
Sponsored

Videone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 MX-5 GT PRHT, 2018 Mazda 6 Signature, 2016 Civic Touring Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yesterday, for the first time ever, the Nav had my location way off. I pulled over and stopped the engine hoping the restart would "fix" it. Didn't work. I reset the system and that worked. All saved locations were still there. FYI...I just did the map update the day before, but it worked fine that day.

DjinTonic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Coupe Touring, silver.
Country flag
One thing to keep in mind is that the Nav manual says that street addresses may be off, because the system interpolates most building numbers. So if it knows the block with your destination starts numbers with, say, 1600 and the next block starts with 1700, it would stop you 1/4 way down the block if your address is 1625, which may or may not be accurate. Or at least that's my understanding of how it works.

I do find with both the Civic Garmin and the stand-alone Garmin I had in previous car, that once in a while it says "Arriving at destination, on left" when it's actually on the right, and vice versa. Perhaps that's attributable to the system not knowing which side of the street is even and which is odd (or having it stored reversed).
Sponsored

Last edited: