Si_steve

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
After 8+ years of working at a Honda dealer, I finally got into my first Civic Si. I have spent the last 6+ years having exclusively V8 Mustangs as my toys (with a ton of older Honda's as daily drivers), but due to some financial goals that I have it was time to find something less expensive but still fun to own.

I purchased my 2017 Honda Civic Si sedan less then two weeks ago and I could not be happier. Now, I coming out of a supercharged, bagged, and heavily modified 2015 Mustang GT so this was a bit of an adjustment. It's not the 600+ horsepower I am used to, but this car might be even more fun to drive then the Mustang. The handling and ride is great, and I've got way more tech features then I did in the Mustang as well. The 205 horsepower isn't overwhelming but its fun to drive regardless. I've got 500 miles on the clock at this point, looking forward to putting many more on the car and enjoying every minute of it.

This is my first jump into the performance Honda world. I sell them for a living so I know what to expect sort of. I plan on doing some small mods to start, Already ordered smoked marker lights for the front and I am having the windows tinted next week. Painting the calipers is on my to do list as well once I decide which color to go with. I would like to lower the car once parts become available. I look forward to talking with everybody on here a learning as much new info as I can, What should I know about the Honda world? What mods should I add to my list?

Thanks for taking the time to read, enjoy a few shots I took of my new ride! Follow me on Instagram @sbloom_ I'll follow back!

Current Mods:
25% Tint
Smoked front marker lights
HFP side skirts
Honda front underbody spoiler (rallye red)
20mm wheel spacers

Honda Civic 10th gen I traded in my V8 for a turbo 4... IMG_4843.JPG
Honda Civic 10th gen I traded in my V8 for a turbo 4... IMG_4829.JPG
Honda Civic 10th gen I traded in my V8 for a turbo 4... IMG_4838.JPG
Honda Civic 10th gen I traded in my V8 for a turbo 4... IMG_4846.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen I traded in my V8 for a turbo 4... FullSizeRender

Last edited:

DeVo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R #21399
Country flag
congrats! where did you order the smoked marker lights from? I really want to change mine, and paint the calipers at some point.

OP
OP
Si_steve

Si_steve

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
congrats! where did you order the smoked marker lights from? I really want to change mine, and paint the calipers at some point.
I found them on Ebay. They are available in smoked and clear, I opted for the smoked figure it would look good contrasting with the White. I'm leaning toward either doing the calipers in White to match the car or a Candy Red to go with all the Si trim, Just haven't decided yet.

grumpyguy6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si sedan, 2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Congrats! Always nice to see another PA Si sedan!

DeVo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R #21399
Country flag
I found them on Ebay. They are available in smoked and clear, I opted for the smoked figure it would look good contrasting with the White. I'm leaning toward either doing the calipers in White to match the car or a Candy Red to go with all the Si trim, Just haven't decided yet.
any chance you could PM me the ebay link?

CivicSi84

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Chrysler 200
Country flag
Welcome! Love the WOP, between that and Rallye Red for me right now.

DoodleDave

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
I plan on updating the looks first then the suspension, then a clutch and a tune. After all that I will start focusing on intake, exhaust and all that jazz.

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
We are still waiting on exhaust options for basically every trim so keep waiting for that. Welcome to the 10th gen fam. I also just got out of a Mustang GT but I was in Honda's before that one and came right back.
Sponsored