I hate the chrome door handles! Anyone painted/exchanged/wrapped theirs?

Zerostatic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Fit, Honda CR-V
Country flag
No offense to any touring owners who like the chrome but I hate the chrome on the touring sedans and coupes. I know that the grill is easy enough to change but I haven't seen anyone do anything about the door handles.

Anyone here swapped their chrome handles for body-colored ones? How about door handle covers?

I dislike them so much that I feel like going with an EX-L sedan instead of a touring but I want the upgraded sound system and the HID's seem nice (in addition to the other nice to haves like the heated rear seats and navi/honda sensing, etc.) and I hate the rims on the EX-L/EX-T models.
Sponsored

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Last edited:

maddmatt02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic ex-t 2016 crv lx 2001 accord ex 1997 integra gs
Country flag
No offense to any touring owners who like the chrome but I hate the chrome on the touring sedans and coupes. I know that the grill is easy enough to change but I haven't seen anyone do anything about the door handles.

Anyone here swapped their chrome handles for body-colored ones? How about door handle covers?

I dislike them so much that I feel like going with an EX-L sedan instead of a touring but I want the upgraded sound system and the HID's seem nice (in addition to the other nice to haves like the heated rear seats and navi/honda sensing, etc.) and I hate the rims on the EX-L/EX-T models.
never done it on this car but swapping door handles is one of the things I hate the most on a car, it is usually a HUGE PITA!, and I am a big fan of body colored handles myself.

If you want HID, get EXL and drop in HIDs, because I am pretty sure the touring has LED headlights, which people without really want and I've seen people with complain...

Divisi0n

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Sonic Grey Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Vehicle Showcase
There are covers that stick on with 3M tape. I got a set from eBay for ~$12

Honda Civic 10th gen I hate the chrome door handles! Anyone painted/exchanged/wrapped theirs? 8B09EA3F-1785-45ED-8FF4-865D3FB84712

hfpdohc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hatch 2017 M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
i have a base model with the same color matched handle that look way cleaner......(i dont understand that part about the touring....)

Honda Civic 10th gen I hate the chrome door handles! Anyone painted/exchanged/wrapped theirs? side 2

Space Lord

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic
Country flag
Changing the handles in this car looks ridiculously easy if you know how to take off the door panel for the keyless. I would just buy some oem color handles

Keyless

ShuJam

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Sport Touring Hatchback
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
i have a base model with the same color matched handle that look way cleaner......(i dont understand that part about the touring....)

side 2.jpg
Actually, on the hatch, none of the trims come with chrome door handles - only the sedan and coupe Touring trims do. In fact, on the hatch Sport, Sport Touring, and Type R, there is LESS chrome than the other hatch trims - the door window trim along the top are blacked out, which on the LX (and EX in the US) are chrome.

CIVICSPORT

Doctor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Touring
Anyone done the swap I don’t like the chrome handles either!!!

Where can I find body colour handles? And how much are they?

Fanoflive

First Name
Jeremiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Coupe EXT 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

I actually went the other way. I purchased chrome handle covers for my body colored handles on my coupe. I would be more than willing to do a handle swap for real chrome handles if someone needed CBP handles, and lived nearby so neither had to go without handles during the process.

Zatannaz

First Name
Robby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Touring Rallye Red
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

Wait upgraded HID or LED ?

Dying2Live

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 LX Sedan Manual
Country flag

Junk yards? ebay? There is a place that deals alot with Honda called A&H auto dismantlers, purchased things from them over the years no issue https://ahparts.com/ recently they got into selling toyota/lexus parts but historically have catered to honda acura specifically

Mikeybc

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Coupe EX-T, 2015 Nissan Murano
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Gee I remember the days in the 70's when chrome door handles were on the cheapo base models then later in the 80's body coloured handles were on the higher models and black were put on the base models. Come to think of it chrome was probably the only option in the 60's and 70's

Last edited:

Fanoflive

First Name
Jeremiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Coupe EXT 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Gee I remember the days in the 70's when chrome door handles were on the cheapo base models then later in the 80's body coloured handles were on the higher models and black were put on the base models. Come to think of it chrome was probably the only option in the 60's and 70's
Guess I am old fashioned.

PeakH

First Name
Peakdey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring (Grey)
Country flag

Have you found the solution yet? cause im having the same problem :(
Sponsored