How to start Honda civic 2016 EX if the Battery is dead

bitse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2016 EX HS
Country flag
Guys,

How to start 2016 EX Civic or release from parking brake if the Car battery is dead not smart key battery.My friend told this is disadvantage in Key less entry vehicle. Can somebody help me to understand
Sponsored

Quicksipper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16' EX-T, 05' LX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Guys,

How to start 2016 EX Civic or release from parking brake if the Car battery is dead not smart key battery.My friend told this is disadvantage in Key less entry vehicle. Can somebody help me to understand
Check out this video on YouTube:

hope this helps, I don't know if this will release parking brake

IronFusion

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Coupe EX-L
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The procedure of releasing the lock is good to know. As for 'starting....' The same as any other car with a drained battery? Don't let some fool strong-arm you into jumping your car the wrong way just because they have all the /power/ (sorry- couldn't resist):
Positive terminal to positive terminal (order apparently matters- I disagree).
Juiced care negative post connected.
Then, drained car negative jumper to exposed metal/frame NOT on or immediately near the battery.
ALWAYS connect cables as outlined above with the jumping car RUNNING. Let the drained car trickle charge for 5-10 minutes, and then try starting it. DO NOT turn that car off unless it has run 23-30 or more mile on the highway at speed or close to 45min otherwise. If you need to get gas, leave the car running. Just be careful to discharge yourself on the pump (the metal flashing around the thing you swipe your card in and mash buttons to get octane; not the nozzle) before starting to fuel, don't walk around, and don't brush up against the car.

iLLNESS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 EG k20a2, 2017 Civic Touring
Country flag
(order apparently matters- I disagree).
As far as boosting, it doesn't matter. For safety it matters.

If you connect the positive leads first the 2 cars are now 'floating'. There is a lot of potential difference (energy) between the two cars and there is a greater chance of that energy using YOU as the means to remove that potential difference between the two cars when there isn't a connected ground.

IronFusion

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Coupe EX-L
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
As far as boosting, it doesn't matter. For safety it matters.

If you connect the positive leads first the 2 cars are now 'floating'. There is a lot of potential difference (energy) between the two cars and there is a greater chance of that energy using YOU as the means to remove that potential difference between the two cars when there isn't a connected ground.
Right. But batteries give off hydrogen gas, so you want the last connection to be away from the battery; so, the positive terminals need to be connected to first to allow the last to be the ground to the drained car's frame.

sonicBOOMgray

Banned
Civic was washed away in Houston Harvey maelstrom
Banned
First Name
UNK (uncle)
Threads
Reaction score
my LX was scathed in Harvey...Houston 42 feet unda
Website
a.msn.com
Vehicle(s)
17 Hatch PMM LX HS 0w-20 FF 5650 miles, 06 Accord V6 MC 5w-20, 95 SC300 V6 QS 10w-30
We got 3 years of road side assistance for this, don't we. Oh yeah, that's no guarantee of great customer service. I'm with everyone here, the best customer service is the one you do yourself! haha, that was a joke. but seriously, we do have 3 years road side assistance of which the number is written on the bottom of drivers and passengers window. But I guess if your phone isn't charged and you won't find a pay phone, you will need this.
Sponsored