A few time since I bought it last year. Haha
Sponsored

enishi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
sedan ext
Country flag
If you live in hot climate and don't have a garage and high traffic which makes pushing wind into the car impossible, moonroof is invaluable. One of my major gripes is entering into an basically an oven where rolling down windows and ac can only do so much. Remote + moon roof is match made in heaven. It could be better if the remote function is one press for ease of use. Now if only Toyota and Honda work together to make the civic a hybrid.

BrieOfBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Touring 4 door sedan
This is my first car with a sunroof. I'm trying hard to use it. But I don't really see the point lol.

bembol

SHIFT_
First Name
Rafael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 FK7 Sport Touring, 20 Audi Q3 Progressiv
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Reasons why it's closed.

1. Rain/Snow
2. Freezing Temperatures. Don't want to risk damaging it.
3. Temperatures where I need to use the A/C. Usually 35°C+

Other than that my Moonroof is open, even in the highway.

JMT

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I have opened the moon roof everyday. We are 6 months from winter so there will be plenty of time to drive with all windows closed.

Deleted member 3699

SO ive decided to purchase a civic after much debate over competitors for work purposes. will be in the car all day usually. here in Canada the EX model is $2,200 extra and im already running a tight budget. (mostly due to high insurance cost because commercial insurance)

My big debate for me is if a sunroof in this car really worth all that extra cash? bearing in mind I have an S2000 convertible if i really need the open air.

S0 how often do you guys/gals pop the top?
You have an S2k? Frick I am jealous to the power of a billion

Brian1489

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda civic sedan Touring , 2013 Dodge Journey Crew
Vehicle Showcase
SO ive decided to purchase a civic after much debate over competitors for work purposes. will be in the car all day usually. here in Canada the EX model is $2,200 extra and im already running a tight budget. (mostly due to high insurance cost because commercial insurance)

My big debate for me is if a sunroof in this car really worth all that extra cash? bearing in mind I have an S2000 convertible if i really need the open air.

Well you seem to be having the same issue I was. When pricing Honda civics in Canada. Answer to your solution. Look for a 2016, I picked mine up at a Honda dealer 17,000 km for 23,450.00 its a Black on Black touring... And yep I drive with the roof open or tilted all the time, unless it rains or sun is at the angle it comes in over my sunglasses through the roof and I forgot my ball cap.
Enjoy what ever car you get !!

Javex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sedan EX WOP - Aero Kit/Wing Spoiler
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
so... I have an EX and I live in Canada. Everyone made good points. If you want another perspective... I believe that there is a big jump on upgrades between LX and EX. Useful ones. Those features + the moon roof should be convincing enough.

PS. I love the moon roof lol

OceansX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic hatchback sport touring
Country flag

I use it alllll the time... literally this was the ONLY reason I didn't get a Type R

REBELXSi

Señor Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Si coupe RIP, '20 CRV EX-L Hybrid
Country flag
I even have mine at least tilted open in the winter. I use my moonroof at least 90% of the time I'm in the car.

grocerygetter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CIVIC EX-L OBP
Country flag
i forget that I even have a sunroof sometimes lol. I use it once in a blue moon when the weather is nice .

xaviersayys

Xavier
First Name
Xavier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I don’t use it often however I just like the way sunroofs look. If it is hot enough I’ll leave it open while parked if I’m out at lunch or anything. Sometimes I’ll drive with it tilted too.
Sponsored