how often do you use your moonroof?

s2kdarren

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Honda S2000
SO ive decided to purchase a civic after much debate over competitors for work purposes. will be in the car all day usually. here in Canada the EX model is $2,200 extra and im already running a tight budget. (mostly due to high insurance cost because commercial insurance)

My big debate for me is if a sunroof in this car really worth all that extra cash? bearing in mind I have an S2000 convertible if i really need the open air.

S0 how often do you guys/gals pop the top?
Sponsored

NeoDragons

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Sedan EXT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
SO ive decided to purchase a civic after much debate over competitors for work purposes. will be in the car all day usually. here in Canada the EX model is $2,200 extra and im already running a tight budget. (mostly due to high insurance cost because commercial insurance)

My big debate for me is if a sunroof in this car really worth all that extra cash? bearing in mind I have an S2000 convertible if i really need the open air.

S0 how often do you guys/gals pop the top?
2 twice a day if its not raining, when i head to work and head back home.

repeet

Threads
Reaction score
Website
jesus7feasts.fyi
Vehicle(s)
'23 BRZ
Country flag
Do you drive at night? There's nothing like pulling back the roof and seeing the stars and moon. Even if you have to have the heater on to do it. Unless it's really cold, it's better that way.

Gazoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Sport Touring Hatchback - Rallye Red, 1997 Civic HX Coupe 5 Speed Manual - Milano Red (sold)
I bought my hatch 2 months ago and every time I drive it I either tilt the moonroof up, open it all the way or at least open the inside cover for extra light. The moonroof is a feature that I had to have.

josby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring sedan
Country flag
lol as someone who also owns an S2000, I think I'm uniquely qualified to answer this. In 15 months and 20K miles of driving, I've never used my sunroof. If the weather's nice, I drive the S2000. Compared to top-down, the sunroof is just a disappointment.

BTW, Laguna Blue is my second-favorite S2000 color! If I could own two, I'd get one :)

OP
OP
s2kdarren

s2kdarren

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Honda S2000
lol as someone who also owns an S2000, I think I'm uniquely qualified to answer this. In 15 months and 20K miles of driving, I've never used my sunroof. If the weather's nice, I drive the S2000. Compared to top-down, the sunroof is just a disappointment.

BTW, Laguna Blue is my second-favorite S2000 color! If I could own two, I'd get one :)
this is exactly what im thinking. even though im in the car all day the fact that i have a convertible for those nice warm nights kind of makes the moonroof a moot feature. ive never owned a sedan that has one so its just one of those things. you cant miss what you've never had before.. ie. crack cocain

Last edited:

josby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring sedan
Country flag
ive never owned a sedan that has one so its just one of those things.
It's weird - before my S2000, I had a 2005 Civic with sunroof and I used it a LOT. More than most people would, I think. But yeah, after having the convertible, it's totally changed.

Billy4202

Banned
Banned
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 BNP Touring, '07 Mercury Milan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

...cheater. :p

For what it's worth, I find this moonroof lets in a lot of air for what it is, and its still fairly quiet at highway speed. I use it daily unless it's above 90. :cool:

silverrascal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX hatch
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I keep my tilted all the time for heat dissipation here in So Texas. About the only time I don't have it popped open is when I wash the car! And at night when it's cooler, I'll open it if I'm just cruising on surface streets.

ShuJam

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Sport Touring Hatchback
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I don't always have the moonroof glass open. It's tilted often if I'm driving in the city and it's not too cold or too hot out. But I always have the shade open to let in light that brightens up the all black interior, even after I got 15% tint on the moonroof glass. I find it quite dark with the shade closed. My last 2 cars had moonroofs, and I could never buy another car without one.

Molatte

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Sedan Touring
Vehicle Showcase
I open it when I'm starting the car or when I'm trying to get some breeze without opening the windows. There's nothing like driving at night with the moonroof covers open and staring out into the sky.

kritz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17Civic SI sedan
If it is warm out it is open!

tsupersonic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Hatchback EX-L, '17 Forester XT
Country flag
I leave it tilted basically every sunny day in summer (hell sometimes even in winter). I do open it occasionally. It's nice to have, but not a must for me.
Sponsored