How much are you paying for your CTR?

What is your agreement with your dealer?

• Total voters

CTRKevin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 M3
Country flag
I put $2500 for first in line for a CW in NY then they call me later that day saying the manager said that's too little and brought it up to $5000 :mad:
Sponsored

CTRKevin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 M3
Country flag
if anyone knows of a CW available for msrp or at most $2000 ADM around NY, NJ, CT, DE please let me know!

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I put $2500 for first in line for a CW in NY then they call me later that day saying the manager said that's too little and brought it up to $5000 :mad:
This is why I dont blame people for having multiple deposits and multiple dealers. Until you sign that paperwork the dealer can do whatever they want. They may say no ADM now and then when they make the call, they may add it. They will look for someone on their list who is willing to pay it.

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Aiming for 400whp out of the TypeR.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Black CTR #4071, 16 MDX Tech
Country flag
This is why I dont blame people for having multiple deposits and multiple dealers. Until you sign that paperwork the dealer can do whatever they want. They may say no ADM now and then when they make the call, they may add it. They will look for someone on their list who is willing to pay it.
Yep.
The moment the Dealer wants to drop the sale-in-hand in favor of an opportunity to get the unsure ADM-sale, I'd bounce. Ideally they'll then sit on it a bit. I just hope Honda corporate doesn't interpret it as unwanted by the market.

CivicTypeRMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
E350/Soon to be Type R
Country flag
I was thinking this may be a good spot for everyone to chime in on what their deal is with the dealer they are working with.

Now I know some of you have deals with multiple dealers so I guess just post up your BEST deal for now.

Feel free to post your thoughts/ experiences with these dealers too.

I'm hoping the dealers that post here on civicx.com will see this thread and get to "know their audience". :p
I purchased the 2013 SI for MSRP when they came out. And I paid MSRP at the dealership. This dealership is always about bringing the customer back for life. They know if they did overcharged pass the MSRP, nobody would come back for future sales.

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Aiming for 400whp out of the TypeR.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Black CTR #4071, 16 MDX Tech
Country flag
I need to be able to respond to this multiple times because of multiple deposits! I just made a $3000 refundable deposit at MSRP + add-ons. Black or white but no idea which. I may end up passing on this if my other deposit comes through (but I expect them to flake!)

jtrown

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Honda Civic Hybrid, 2010 Accord Crosstour, Rallye Red CTR
One with a deposit for 40k and change, unknown color (anything but black) and I'm third in line. Another for MSRP plus destination and paint prep but they won't take a deposit, CW and first in line.

Honda_Scott

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Type R
Yes, use a credit card. That way, no matter what, if you dont receive the good or service you paid for, you file a claim with the CC and they will take care of you. Much easier than trying to get a check or cash back from a dealer. Your attempt to get them to sign a contract is even better.
I gave them cash and received a receipt. Also my buddy wife deals with the deposits so I know I'll get it back lol

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I gave them cash and received a receipt. Also my buddy wife deals with the deposits so I know I'll get it back lol
good that you have someone on the inside. If your buddys wife wasnt the cash girl, you wouldnt trust that dealer with cash. Anyhow, Id rather tie up a credit card and keep the cash on hand.

Honda_Scott

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Type R
good that you have someone on the inside. If your buddys wife wasnt the cash girl, you wouldnt trust that dealer with cash. Anyhow, Id rather tie up a credit card and keep the cash on hand.
Either way it works. Lol. I like having in the inside that will let me know if anything happens

MonkeyBoost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type R #680 CW, 2011 Mazdaspeed 3
Country flag
Bumping for new people. Anyone who just joined or who recently put down a deposit make sure you update the poll. Thanks! :thumbsup:

Detailmylifeaway

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic type r , s2000 , delsol & soon to be a NSX
Country flag
Just got done finalizing my deal .. 34,775$ & it will be the first one in Memphis. Should be here in about a week. Traded my STI in & all I have to do is show up & get my keys & drive off. Everything in the Honda computer system has been changed over to my name. I'm so pumped

TypeRawr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Honda Civic Si, 2017 Honda CR-V
Just got done finalizing my deal .. 34,775$ & it will be the first one in Memphis. Should be here in about a week. Traded my STI in & all I have to do is show up & get my keys & drive off. Everything in the Honda computer system has been changed over to my name. I'm so pumped
I'm reading this as they were able to sell you the car without an official release of MSRP. My dealer is being a bit more reserved - I'm first and no VIN or official MSRP - they aren't looking to do paperwork until both of those are satisfied.

Detailmylifeaway

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic type r , s2000 , delsol & soon to be a NSX
Country flag
Yes the dealership was amazing. He did a google search of the window sticker & this website civicx popped up & he had already written down 34,775$ before he found the picture of the window sticker. So he already knew the price. The sales manager even allocated the car to his name until I showed up. Once I was there & they appraised my STI , I left a deposit & he switch everything over to my name. He said the car should be there in about a week or so.
Sponsored