How much are you paying for your CTR?

What is your agreement with your dealer?

• Total voters

youCTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1292 CW Civic Type R
Country flag
I think there should be an additional option: "Unknown ADM plus MSRP"

The first dealership where I put a refundable deposit in said MSRP at the beginning but added "may or may not be ADM" later; I'm #3 on the list but potentially #2 *shrugs*
The second dealership where I put a refundable deposit in said that owner will add ADM but unknown at this time; I'm #1 on the list
The third dealership that I'm still working with said MSRP only but non-refundable deposit (dealership told me they're getting 4 out of the 5 colors on the same first shipment...alright!); I'd be #1 for CW but someone already has a deposit down for CBP, so I guess I'll be #2?
Sponsored

Honda_Scott

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Type R
I've been offered two at MSRP. One took a deposit and the other won't.
I have the same. One dealership put me at number 1 and the other is not doing any listings or taking deposits. They will be selling to the first one first serve at MSRP. The dealership that I'm number one at took my refundable deposit and selling at MSRP. Within both dealership internally, don't know hoe to communicate. The salesman don't know anything, while the internet manager knows more accurate information. Its hard to determine who I need to agree with. I wish they will come out with the invoice and MSRP, so I can do some math and find a way to pay the least as possible while being fair to both parties. Some people is like pay the mark up and others are trying to pay MSRP. Some people have a 35K cap as well. the way I look at it is money is money, I rather pay less so I can spend the rest on something else. Good deals with dealerships are hard to come by.

vader2k

Darkside rider & Senior member
First Name
Alonzo-Ignacio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic Type R. #433 (EPB). 07 Civic LX (TW)
Country flag
Cool thread @Trey ... just to clarify, I voted $5k over 'but' it doesn't mean I want to pay that. I'm against ADM but at the same time, it was the only way to lock up my 1st position in line. They had a dozen other potential buyers after me ready to take my spot.
- 1st dealer breakdown: CTR will be available on 06/15, in CW color (my fav color) but with a 5K ADM. Yes, that does suck but believe me, I will try to get a better deal at my 2nd dealership.
- 2nd dealer breakdown: MSRP not likely. possible 10% mark-up. 1st in line there w/ $500 deposit. CTR available sometime in June. Color unknown.
Anyway, best of luck to all trying to get their CTR. It's a sheit show but with a nice touch of fireworks. :)

Honda_Scott

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Type R
I think there should be an additional option: "Unknown ADM plus MSRP"

The first dealership where I put a refundable deposit in said MSRP at the beginning but added "may or may not be ADM" later; I'm #3 on the list but potentially #2 *shrugs*
The second dealership where I put a refundable deposit in said that owner will add ADM but unknown at this time; I'm #1 on the list
The third dealership that I'm still working with said MSRP only but non-refundable deposit (dealership told me they're getting 4 out of the 5 colors on the same first shipment...alright!); I'd be #1 for CW but someone already has a deposit down for CBP, so I guess I'll be #2?
Be careful with that. Some dealership will lie and tell you your #1 or #2. There marking at MSRP because there trying to get the nonrefundable deposit as profit. Not to mention the other profit there making just selling at MSRP. Your dealership, could be good dealership, just be careful. This is just my 2 cents. Bottom line is that dealerships is a business and there trying to make money.

Hungryhippo96

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
E46 M3, E92 M3, 991.2 GT3 (incoming)
Country flag
I have the same. One dealership put me at number 1 and the other is not doing any listings or taking deposits. They will be selling to the first one first serve at MSRP. The dealership that I'm number one at took my refundable deposit and selling at MSRP. Within both dealership internally, don't know hoe to communicate. The salesman don't know anything, while the internet manager knows more accurate information. Its hard to determine who I need to agree with. I wish they will come out with the invoice and MSRP, so I can do some math and find a way to pay the least as possible while being fair to both parties. Some people is like pay the mark up and others are trying to pay MSRP. Some people have a 35K cap as well. the way I look at it is money is money, I rather pay less so I can spend the rest on something else. Good deals with dealerships are hard to come by.
I think the car will be over 35k MSRP. And if they cap it at 35k those people won't get one in my opinion. The car is really hot and dealers know why take off a thousand or so when they know they can sell it at MSRP.

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Be careful with that. Some dealership will lie and tell you your #1 or #2. There marking at MSRP because there trying to get the nonrefundable deposit as profit. Not to mention the other profit there making just selling at MSRP. Your dealership, could be good dealership, just be careful. This is just my 2 cents. Bottom line is that dealerships is a business and there trying to make money.
If they want non refundable deposit you should walk away immediately. They cant guarantee you car, you shouldn't guarantee them your money. That's shady business.

Honda_Scott

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Type R
I think the car will be over 35k MSRP. And if they cap it at 35k those people won't get one in my opinion. The car is really hot and dealers know why take off a thousand or so when they know they can sell it at MSRP.
I think the cap will be close to 35K, mainly because Honda stated that it will be cheaper than the RS. The RS is roughly 36K

Honda_Scott

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Type R
Exactl
If they want non refundable deposit you should walk away immediately. They cant guarantee you car, you shouldn't guarantee them your money. That's shady business.
Buyers give in people they don't think of that. That's exactly what I did when they try to pull that on me in the past.

youCTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1292 CW Civic Type R
Country flag
Thanks for the lookout! But trust, the reason I'm still "working with them" is that I'm drafting a contract for them to sign which includes refundable contingencies. If in the end they renege, all I have to do is file a claim with my CC company and show them our signed contract.

I had one dealership explain it to me like this: they make it non-refundable so they only get SERIOUS buyers. Some of these dealerships are placed in an area where CTRs are predicted to not sell well, so they could have used the opportunity to do a dealer trade before the CTRs ever land on their lot.

Last edited:

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thanks for the lookout! But trust, the reason I'm still "working with them" is that I'm drafting a contract for them to sign which includes refundable contingencies. If in the end they renege, all I have to do is file a claim with my CC company and show them our signed contract.
Yes, use a credit card. That way, no matter what, if you dont receive the good or service you paid for, you file a claim with the CC and they will take care of you. Much easier than trying to get a check or cash back from a dealer. Your attempt to get them to sign a contract is even better.

Dr_Drache

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 CRX - 2017 FK8 TypeR
Country flag
Yes, use a credit card. That way, no matter what, if you dont receive the good or service you paid for, you file a claim with the CC and they will take care of you. Much easier than trying to get a check or cash back from a dealer. Your attempt to get them to sign a contract is even better.
for some of us, that doesn't work either - most Credit cards have a limit, 90/180 days. I've had a deposit for nearly a year.

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
for some of us, that doesn't work either - most Credit cards have a limit, 90/180 days. I've had a deposit for nearly a year.
This is very true. What was your deposit amount? how did you pay it?

Last edited:

youCTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1292 CW Civic Type R
Country flag
Yup, got that covered too: I also have a sell by date on my contract. I did this because he told me they'll be getting the color I want, along with other colors, on their first shipment in June.

Last edited: