How difficult is the Honda Nose Mask installation?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
So I am wanting to buy the Honda nose mask before I get my new Civic in the next few weeks. I'm going to be driving it from out of state and want to keep it protected on the long drive. The dealer is quoting me a price of $189 for the nose mask installed vs $121 uninstalled. Has anyone here installed the nose mask and if so how long does it take and is it very difficult?

Thanks!
Sponsored

Dretlaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring WOP, 2023 Tesla Model Y Perf
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So I am wanting to buy the Honda nose mask before I get my new Civic in the next few weeks. I'm going to be driving it from out of state and want to keep it protected on the long drive. The dealer is quoting me a price of $189 for the nose mask installed vs $121 uninstalled. Has anyone here installed the nose mask and if so how long does it take and is it very difficult?

Thanks!
Initially, I bought the Honda OEM nose bra. Turned out to be a big pain to put on. It has 3 pieces which were so tight to cram between the spaces, I actually scraped a tiny portion of paint on the small front hood area. I ended up getting the LeBra brand via autoanything.com the second time around. It's only 2 pieces and comes with mesh to prevent bugs and debris from going through the grill openings and fog lights areas. Much easier to put on and remove.

Honda Civic 10th gen How difficult is the Honda Nose Mask installation? ima

This is the Honda OEM bra. Lots of openings for debris and bugs to go through. Gave up after more than 10 minutes of trying to install. Cost me $69 online honda-accessories.com. I don't recommend this.

Honda Civic 10th gen How difficult is the Honda Nose Mask installation? ima

Here is the LeBra nose bra I got from autoanything.com for $67.99 with free shipping. Has mesh to prevent debris and bugs from going through. Takes me 5 minutes or less to install. Highly recommend this one.

Last edited:

ichii

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic coupe and 2011 CR-Z
Country flag
Initially, I bought the Honda OEM nose bra. Turned out to be a big pain to put on. It has 3 pieces which were so tight to cram between the spaces, I actually scraped a tiny portion of paint on the small front hood area. I ended up getting the LeBra brand via autoanything.com the second time around. It's only 2 pieces and comes with mesh to prevent bugs and debris from going through the grill openings and fog lights areas. Much easier to put on and remove.

image.jpeg

This is the Honda OEM bra. Lots of openings for debris and bugs to go through. Gave up after more than 10 minutes of trying to install. Cost me $69 online honda-accessories.com. I don't recommend this.

image.jpeg

Here is the LeBra nose bra I got from autoanything.com for $67.99 with free shipping. Has mesh to prevent debris and bugs from going through. Takes me 5 minutes or less to install. Highly recommend this one.
How do you think it would look on a Aegean blue coupe? I like the white and black contrast. I do a lot of highway driving so there's always rock chips.

Dretlaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
How do you think it would look on a Aegean blue coupe? I like the white and black contrast. I do a lot of highway driving so there's always rock chips.
I think it would look awesome because the Aegean blue is more of a brighter color, not dark like the Cosmic Blue Metallic. You'll still get some contrast. You can't go wrong with the LeBra brand.

ichii

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I think it would look awesome because the Aegean blue is more of a brighter color, not dark like the Cosmic Blue Metallic. You'll still get some contrast. You can't go wrong with the LeBra brand.
Thanks, just ordered also assuming it would fit the coupe hahaha. Did it take long for you to receive? It's quoting about a month end of June?

Dretlaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thanks, just ordered also assuming it would fit the coupe hahaha. Did it take long for you to receive? It's quoting about a month end of June?
Took about 3 weeks. Not as long as I expected. They were able to get them in stock sooner. I believe the fronts of the coupes and sedans are the same. My commute to work is mostly country roads where small rocks and bugs are a daily nuisance. I've always had a nose bra for all my vehicles.

Dretlaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I've already inquired from a shop about the 3M invisible bra also and got a quote for $575 for the front bumper and 1/2 of the hood. I'm considering getting them to supplement the nose bra on those days I don't want to have the bra installed.

ichii

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I've already inquired from a shop about the 3M invisible bra also and got a quote for $575 for the front bumper and 1/2 of the hood. I'm considering getting them to supplement the nose bra on those days I don't want to have the bra installed.
I tried the DIY 3M clear bra and it was too hard for me. I prefer the look of a clear bra, but for the price and protection can't go wrong.

Dretlaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I tried the DIY 3M clear bra and it was too hard for me. I prefer the look of a clear bra, but for the price and protection can't go wrong.
CosmicTouring tried to install his own clear bra also and had difficulties. I'd rather defer the installation to the professionals. Granted it'd be more expensive, but it would be done right the first time. Less of a headache.

Last edited:

Dretlaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I was watching a Youtube 2016 Honda Civic Touring review and the author mentioned that both the fronts are the same. He mentioned it at 4:05 on the video. The nose bra should fit both. Check it out:

ichii

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
CosmicTouring tried to his own clear bra also and had difficulties. I'd rather defer the installation to the professionals. Granted it'd me expensive, but it would be done right the first time. Less of a headache.
Yeah I was thinking I put on a lot of screen protector for phones how hard can it be lol....the hood and side fenders are easy to put on. The bumper is hard because it has more of a edgier design. I did this to my CRZ, I took off the clear bra for the bumper because it was bad and started to collect dirt.

Dretlaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yeah I was thinking I put on a lot of screen protector for phones how hard can it be lol....the hood and side fenders are easy to put on. The bumper is hard because it has more of a edgier design. I did this to my CRZ, I took off the clear bra for the bumper because it was bad and started to collect dirt.
Yeah it's so much easier to apply on a smaller scale but we're talking about installation on a grander scale. :confused: Btw, congrats on your Civic coupe purchase. I think the Aegean blue is an awesome color. Definitely attract some attention. What trim did you decide on?

Last edited:

Gavnzdad

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The "Le Bra" version looks better.

Word of caution though....only install this if you are going to never remove it. These things shrink and slightly move. After so long, the paint underneath is ruined.

Tearhammer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 6 speed LX Civic Blue, 2013 Chevy Sonic LT hatch
I bought one last week for a weekend ride to the lake. I couldn't get one of the wheel well clips in on each side because my fingers were sore from stretching them. Also that middle bra part doesn't perfectly cover the corners of the middle piece but I liked the look and I am happy with it

ichii

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I was watching a Youtube 2016 Honda Civic Touring review and the author mentioned that both the fronts are the same. He mentioned it at 4:05 on the video. The nose bra should fit both. Check it out:
Thanks
Yeah it's so much easier to apply on a smaller scale but we're talking about installation on a grander scale. :confused: Btw, congrats on your Civic coupe purchase. I think the Aegean blue is an awesome color. Definitely attract some attention. What trim did you decide on?
I got the EX-T was leaning towards the leather, but they didn't have any. My other car has leather and it's nice, but really hot in the summer so I passed :D
Sponsored