Sponsored

nathanzachary

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si, 2004 Integra Type-R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I went back and forth on this one as well. I have used Hondata in the past (KPro on my 2004 ItR), but Vit recommended KTuner at the time I was purchasing. I'm very happy with the V2, and find the software interface to be ever-so-slightly more intuitive than Hondata.

coopermidnight

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Whichever one is:
1) easiest to use
2) can get rid of rev hang and increase throttle response

If both can do 1 and 2, then whichever is cheaper :)

dominican

Enthusiast YouTuber
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 Honda Prelude, 2002 Honda S2000, 2011 BMW 335d, 2017 Honda Civic Hatch WOP Sport M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Whichever one is:
1) easiest to use
2) can get rid of rev hang and increase throttle response

If both can do 1 and 2, then whichever is cheaper :)
Can they both do 1 and 2?

coopermidnight

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Can they both do 1 and 2?
I'm pretty sure both will help out throttle response. Hopefully that includes the initial "dead zone" of pedal travel that seems to be in newer Civics.

I've since learned that Hondata has an adjustable setting for "overrun fuel cut delay" which is related to rev hang, but it can't mitigate the problem completely because of the dual mass flywheel used in the clutch. KTuner doesn't have any such option, but a rep has told me it's on their list.

Design

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 MS3, 17 ABM Si Sedan
Country flag
I personally prefer Hondata due to their tighter integration with HPD and other professional racing organizations. The platform is under constant scrutiny by licensed professionals that are very close to Honda R&D, who constantly test and evaluate under the most extreme environments with each subsequent racing event.

I think we'll find advocates on both sides of the fence advocating vehemently for one or the other. I personally think there's room for both solutions (for very different reasons).

JDM_DOHC_SiR

Uncle Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Acura TLX Type-S / 2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag

coopermidnight

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I personally prefer Hondata due to their tighter integration with HPD and other professional racing organizations. The platform is under constant scrutiny by licensed professionals that are very close to Honda R&D, who constantly test and evaluate under the most extreme environments with each subsequent racing event.

I think we'll find advocates on both sides of the fence advocating vehemently for one or the other. I personally think there's room for both solutions (for very different reasons).
Thanks for your input (and I'm not even the OP)! I didn't know Hondata was so close to the game, so to speak. I've been trying to find a Hondata user who's applied the rev hang mitigation to see how much of an improvement there is.
Sponsored