Hondata R&D finds limit of Civic CVT

Quicksipper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16' EX-T, 05' LX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
same can be said about the 6psi tune... the video was an example of an over torqued engine never gave specifics other than its "tested thoroughly for reliability" which is no more evidence that we've gotten from any other tuner or tuning company.
Sponsored

dc2turbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic,teg
Country flag
Yes it is safe and no issue with scoring the belt. Here was part of our testing regime for the + 6psi tune.
  • 100 0-90 mph consecutive acceleration runs up a hill
  • 6 hours circuit racing on Miller Motorsports Park Utah
  • 6 drag racing events with a best of 14.2
  • Several top speed runs of over 130 mph
Our highest concern is reliability.
same can be said about the 6psi tune... the video was an example of an over torqued engine never gave specifics other than its "tested thoroughly for reliability" which is no more evidence that we've gotten from any other tuner or tuning company.

dc2turbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic,teg
Country flag
that would be a testing procedure, not evidence lol
It's said no issue with scoring. So it would mean they had to take the cover off to see.

Either way, they did not release a tq estimate on when it would start slipping. So I guess we will never know!

Quicksipper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16' EX-T, 05' LX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
It's said no issue with scoring. So it would mean they had to take the cover off to see.

Either way, they did not release a tq estimate on when it would start slipping. So I guess we will never know!
exactly!

cmwalton16

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Coupe ABM, 2016 Civic Touring CBP
Country flag
For those with common sense it's a given not to over tune a CVT equipped CivicX.But then again common sense isn't so common anymore. Thanks though for the video.
I see you aren't worried about this post... I'm wanting to follow in your footsteps, still no issues?

VitViper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lots

Or maybe they don't know because it simply just failed at one point and it's being spun as "intentional" and "r&d"?

Hm.... I guess we will never know and have to take someone's word for it.

Solis#1730

ScarFace#1730
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic hatchback
Country flag
Honda's never built a strong 4 cylinder transmission. We've got N/A K series guys breaking 2nd gear with 150-160 ft lbs of torque.
My boosted b series held 250wtq daily driven with no problems with the stock gears and synchros.

VitViper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lots
My boosted b series held 250wtq daily driven with no problems with the stock gears and synchros.
My turbo DC2 held over 500wtq on a stock trans. So that means every single one will last and the trans is "super strong"? "YMMV" must be a foreign concept.

Quicksipper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16' EX-T, 05' LX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
well they over torqued it I'm sure... anyways, most of us know what this video is really about...what is over torqued anyways @Hondata? hello? nothing.

andyboyd102

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
Anything can break at anytime!!! Tuned/Not tuned!!! You can beat the crap out of a non-tuned car it's going to break eventually
well they over torqued it I'm sure... anyways, most of us know what this video is really about...what is over torqued anyways @Hondata? hello? nothing.
I know, for real!!! Give us dogs a bone!!!

OP
OP
Hondata

Hondata

Hondata
Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hondata.com
Vehicle(s)
23' Type R,22' Civic Si,18' Accord 2.0T,17' FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So would running it at the +6psi safe? Not issue with scoring the belt?
Here's a photo of the CVT belt after 6 hours at Miller Raceway with the Hondata 6 psi reflash. There is no evidence of scoring. The belt looks new.

Honda Civic 10th gen Hondata R&D finds limit of Civic CVT CVT drive belt after Miller 6 hour

dc2turbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic,teg
Country flag
Here's a photo of the CVT belt after 6 hours at Miller Raceway with the Hondata 6 psi reflash. There is no evidence of scoring. The belt looks new.

CVT drive belt after Miller 6 hour.jpg
How hard is it to replace the belt?
Take the tranny out of the car
Crack the housing apart
Pull the pulleys
replace belt
realign everything and install it back to the car?