Reaction score
Website
www.hondata.com
Vehicle(s)
23' Type R,22' Civic Si,18' Accord 2.0T,17' FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hondata Introduces Reflash for the ’16 Civic 1.5T
Engine management software manufacturer reveals new programming available for 1.5L turbo Civics
June 24, 2016

TORRANCE, Calif. (June 24, 2016) — When it comes to performance cars, few things are more important than the connection between driver and vehicle. For engine management software maker Hondata, the continuous pursuit to enhance this connection now includes programming for Honda’s tenth generation Civic.

Today, Hondata is introducing its latest in the line of its well-established programs: the Civic 1.5L turbo reflash, a proprietary software upgrade that enhances performance by 20 to 28 horsepower from 4500 rpm to 6000 rpm while spooling the turbo 500 rpm earlier than stock. Torque is increased too, from 10 to 25 ft-lb throughout the rev range at wide-open throttle.

“The tenth-gen Civic is a fantastic vehicle, and we’re taking it a step further. In this case, we’ve developed a high octane performance tune,” said Doug Macmillan, co-founder of Hondata. “The end result is a peppier, fun-to-drive Honda you will fall in love with again!”

Temple of VTEC’s Jeff Palmer agrees: “Hondata has a long history of delivering top quality reflashes and tuning tools for Honda products over the years. Their reflash for Honda's L15B7 follows that tradition and delivers a fat thumping wallop of eye-opening mid-range torque.”

In addition to the horsepower and torque increase, the reflash generates a four to six psi boost increase from 3000 to 6000 rpm. Furthermore, partial throttle fuel economy is unchanged, minimizing compromises to the customer.

The 2016 Civic Reflash is available for purchase now from authorized Hondata dealers. The price is $295, with the ECU provided by the customer.

Highlights:
  • Available for Civic Coupe and Sedan equipped with the 1.5L turbo engine
  • Turbo spooled 500 rpm earlier
  • 20-28 hp increase from 4500 rpm to 6000 rpm
  • 4 to 6 psi boost increase from 3000 rpm to 6000 rpm
  • Fuel and ignition optimized
  • Partial throttle fuel economy unchanged
  • 91 octane tuned

More information can be found here:
Video: 10th Gen Civic Reflash vs. 9th Gen

Product info, including dyno results:
https://www.hondata.com/reflash-category/reflash-2016-civic
Sponsored

1WickedCivic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX Sedan, 2007 Mercedes Benz C230 Sport 6MT
Hondata, don't forget the NA 2.0L folks :thumbsup: Well done, will you do tuning for 1.5T w/ CAI, downpipe & exhaust as well? Speaking of warranty, will the reflashed ECU be obvious to dealer when they plug in their scan tool?

NorthernEX-T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Woohoo! Finally! Thank you Hondata! Myself and many others have been patiently waiting for this for awhile from such a trusted "the original" Honda tuning company. Very fair price as well!

:thumbsup::headbang::bow::nixon:

thejrah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Dodge Charger RT AWD
Country flag
I'm new to all this (and my 16 Civic Touring) so please bare with me and my newbie questions:

It appears that you have to send something off to get the reflash performed. My only vehicle is my Civic. Does this mean I'll be without my car during however long it takes to ship off my ECU and have it shipped back?

Thanks!

kperalta

AluminiumCivic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
I'm new to all this (and my 16 Civic Touring) so please bare with me and my newbie questions:

It appears that you have to send something off to get the reflash performed. My only vehicle is my Civic. Does this mean I'll be without my car during however long it takes to ship off my ECU and have it shipped back?

Thanks!
From my beginner knowledge of cars as a whole, it's merely tuning the ecu to a different setup. It basically changes how the car runs as a whole. They need a dyno to test the tune and assure it was done correctly. So you'll have to go to a place, and they'll dyno it and reflash the ecu at the same time so you'd only be unable to drive while its happening. Cars can't run without an ECU.

Ecu controls many things such as the compression ratio, amount of fuel inject, spark plugs etc.

1WickedCivic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX Sedan, 2007 Mercedes Benz C230 Sport 6MT
Does this mean I'll be without my car during however long it takes to ship off my ECU and have it shipped back?
You don't have to ship off your ECU. The following dealers are closest to your location (Indiana):

Pure Tuning
4144 Secor Road
Toledo OH 43623 USA
419-474-7992
On site Reflash

Slowmotion Motorsports
687 Kintner Pkwy
Sunbury OH 43074 USA
740-965-1728
KPro installer
On site Reflash

King Motorsports Unlimited
2130 South Danny Road
New Berlin WI 53146 USA
262-522-7558
On site Reflash

You drive your car to them, they flash your ECU & you drive off with a big grin on your face :thumbsup:

2hot2handle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 CIVIC-TOURING, 2005 EVO VIII
From my beginner knowledge of cars as a whole, it's merely tuning the ecu to a different setup. It basically changes how the car runs as a whole. They need a dyno to test the tune and assure it was done correctly. So you'll have to go to a place, and they'll dyno it and reflash the ecu at the same time so you'd only be unable to drive while its happening. Cars can't run without an ECU.

Ecu controls many things such as the compression ratio, amount of fuel inject, spark plugs etc.

This is NOT live dyno tuning or what's commonly called calibration tuning. This is a predetermined map (Hondata has already dyno tested and determine the flash settings) that Hondata will flash over your stock ECU settings. You will remove your ECU from the engine bay, ship to Hondata, Hondata will flash upon receiving your ECU and will ship out overnight same day (unless you can go to a local dealer and they will flash for you there).

dastanli

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camry, Tacoma
Country flag
Do you need a different flash tune if you add an intake/exhaust/down pipe?

Wondering what's going on on the dyno chart with all the dips on the green lines. The dips for the torque are substantial.

dastanli

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camry, Tacoma
Country flag
Also on their website they stated that they made it a point to limiting peak torque to only a 7 percent increase. So does that mean they are intentionally limiting it? If so how and can customers request them to not limit peak torque?

silverrascal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX hatch
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
'
did anyone else notice that he was racing it with ECON on?
Yup. Was wondering if this was on purpose or what... But probably just a bad video edit of the many runs they did and someone didn't pay close enough attention to which clip they were using.
Sponsored