Hondata HPJ Review

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
It's called I learned new information upon doing further research, but thanks for cherry picking my posts bro
Edit: and it was your post that helped me down that path. So I hope you weren't trying to be a d*** about it. Everyone is learning as we go, thanks for the link
Sponsored

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
$700US = $917CAD for a couple of extra horsepower with a voided warranty? I think i'll pass. Thanks.
by a couple you mean like 25 hp and 50 lb ft or torque?

dc2turbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic,teg
Country flag
by a couple you mean like 25 hp and 50 lb ft or torque?
Funny how people will spend $200-300 on a intake and $400-700 on a exhaust but complain on a flash.

to add to the power gains, you can see a few members posted results with their flash. We been seeing 1second or faster than stock 0-60mph. you will not get that with a intake or exhaust.

andyboyd102

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
From your source, the 87 Octane numbers are 181 hp/188 tq. My original post said I'm guessing 190 hp/ 200 tq on 91 octane. So the real gain here would be 200 - 188 = 12 lb ft of torque. It MIGHT be more than that, I don't know ... I'm just asking the question. The logic would be that the ECU has programming built in (right from the factory) that can take advantage of higher octane fuel. I think I can feel it when I put in 91 octane, ... specifically in when on the highway and passing in 6th gear.

I would think these guys that buy a tune and go to a dyno would want to set up a base-line with 91 octane before they get started with the tuning (i.e the control group),... So I am just asking if anybody has these baseline 91 octane numbers -- maybe they'd like to share?. Am I asking too much?
Here is my dyno data 1.5T CVT on 93 octane. First pull was no tune/ 2nd pull was +6 tune THANK YOU@Hondata

Honda Civic 10th gen Hondata HPJ Review 20161222_203207

Last edited:

Slickone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Le Car
Country flag
It's called I learned new information upon doing further research, but thanks for cherry picking my posts bro
Edit: and it was your post that helped me down that path. So I hope you weren't trying to be a d*** about it. Everyone is learning as we go, thanks for the link
It was a confused emoti; not a FU one.

northwestghosts_cc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX-T
Country flag
Been using flash pro on my civic (16 cvt) for the last few days and after messing around with some of the tunes, you can really see a big improvement. I'm straight pipe from the cat back until a down pipe releases, plus a mishimoto intake and with those plus the flash, the car is pulling a lot harder than before, especially off the line. Gonna be at speedfactory this week and hopefully can get a few dyno runs in.

Dretlaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring WOP, 2023 Tesla Model Y Perf
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I really want this!

Quicksipper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16' EX-T, 05' LX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
That is the law, but unfortunately it doesn't prohibit warranty's from being voided because of modifications. It happens.
not sure if im reading your post right but it doesn't make sense to me. if it's law and your warranty is voided with out the dealership having proof in court. you would have a suit. Also, if you take it to court, chances are the dealership is going to skip the legal trouble and fix whatever is wrong with your vehicle. Murica!

Quicksipper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16' EX-T, 05' LX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Been using flash pro on my civic (16 cvt) for the last few days and after messing around with some of the tunes, you can really see a big improvement. I'm straight pipe from the cat back until a down pipe releases, plus a mishimoto intake and with those plus the flash, the car is pulling a lot harder than before, especially off the line. Gonna be at speedfactory this week and hopefully can get a few dyno runs in.
PRL on the way! it's good you went straight pipe, opening up the exhaust doesn't have much effect on performance...YET but with a DP and exhaust... you should see some good numbers.

northwestghosts_cc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX-T
Country flag
PRL on the way! it's good you went straight pipe, opening up the exhaust doesn't have much effect on performance...YET but with a DP and exhaust... you should see some good numbers.
Yep, can't wait for a catless downpipe so I can do a full straight pipe, hopefully get some good numbers from that