Hondata HPJ Review

nathanzachary

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si, 2004 Integra Type-R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
"So, you would use ‘reiterate’ only if you actually were iterating again, for a second/third time!"
Quote from your definition, should have read the whole thing.

The point had been made more than once, you were reiterating.

Back on topic.
Incorrect, as I had not iterated yet, so it was my first iteration. What do I know, though? Advanced degrees in English literature. :p

Regardless, your replies have shown that you are simply irritated that I called you on your rude initial response. You likely internalised that call as a direct attack on your character (ad hominem) instead of just against the comment itself. Instead of admitting that your response was rude, you continue by redirecting and projecting onto me instead. As such, I won't engage your comments any longer--it's likely that nothing productive will come of the discussion. You should be aware, though, that your antagonistic style neither encourages someone to learn nor increases his or her desire to be a part of a community.
Sponsored

Sgtstaadanko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Incorrect, as I had not iterated yet, so it was my first iteration. What do I know, though? Advanced degrees in English literature. :p

Regardless, your replies have shown that you are simply irritated that I called you on your rude initial response. You likely internalised that call as a direct attack on your character (ad hominem) instead of just against the comment itself. Instead of admitting that your response was rude, you continue by redirecting and projecting onto me instead. As such, I won't engage your comments any longer--it's likely that nothing productive will come of the discussion. You should be aware, though, that your antagonistic style neither encourages someone to learn nor increases his or her desire to be a part of a community.
Go figure Mr English degree couldn't be wrong. I do not believe after reading a very clear definition that you are correct. Nowhere did it mention who had to iterate the point first, your point was the same as multiple others in the thread. You reiterated. That's the problem with being high and mighty on your education (mine, of which, you know nothing) you couldn't possibly be wrong to someone on the internet. And regarding my clearly rude and insulting post which was meant to be rude and insulting to dissuade the asker from destroying his car. If he can't catch the words not and doesn't I don't think he should be rooting around in fuel tables. Did I really need to admit that it was rude? I clearly was trying to be.

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

you realize you don't have to iterate first to reiterate what someone else said, right?

slayerx02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 FG2 , 2020 FC3
Country flag
He iterated which was the action of making/typing out a point that others already made, for him to reiterate would be to repeat what he himself already said/posted. Probably could have done without the humble brag though, thats for sure. Its like English class in here lol

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I have tired head now. So, anyone put NOS on their Civic yet?

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
You got a heavy foot....You'll blow yourself to pieces!
I ran NOS on my NA H22 and my NA B16A, with a heavy foot :p never blew myself up. one time i blew the filter off the end of the intake when my Prelude wouldnt go into 3rd in the qtr mile and i hit the NOS button each time I tried to slam it in and on the 3rd time it went kaboom! I thought I blew the engine but no, just the intake filter. I wont run NOS on this until way down the road if/when I pay it off.

Manual

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 EX-T 6mt
Country flag
I also think most of the lag is with the CVT programming. There's not a lot with the 6mt.

I would love to see dyno results (factory tune) on a 6mt 1.5t running 91 octane. I suspect the results would be about 190 hp/ 200 lbft tq.... or about 1/2 of the flashpro advertised "gains".

/maybe someday I'll get proven right/wrong on my suspicion.

Last edited:

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I also think most of the lag is with the CVT programming. There's not a lot with the 6mt.

I would love to see dyno results on a 6mt 1.5t running 91 octane. I suspect the results would be about 190 hp/ 200 lbft tq.... or about 1/2 of the flashpro advertised "gains".

/maybe someday I'll get proven right/wrong on my suspicion.
Umm 193/235 bone stock 87 octane http://blog.vittuned.com/project-civic-x-bone-stock-on-high-octane/

http://blog.vittuned.com/project-civic-x-begins/

Manual

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 EX-T 6mt
Country flag
"Bone stock" actually means "tuned, but no bolt ons" ... correct? Plus, what does high octane mean? Does that mean 91 octane E10 available at the pump or is he using a racing fuel blend or what??

I am asking what does a stock 1.5t 6mt (factory tuned, no flashpro etc.. programming) running 91 octane regularly available at the pump -- what is the dyno proven hp / tq ?? IOW, drive the car off the dealer lot, fill it with 91 octane -- what will it dyno out at?

/from your reference , 192/235 is 87 octane after "frantically mashing on keyboard" -- that's a tune

Last edited:

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
"Bone stock" actually means "tuned, but no bolt ons" ... correct? Plus, what does high octane mean? Does that mean 91 octane E10 available at the pump or is he using a racing fuel blend or what??

I am asking what does a stock 1.5t 6mt (factory tuned, no flashpro etc.. programming) running 91 octane regularly available at the pump -- what is the dyno proven hp / tq ??
You said you suspected the gains would be 1/2 of the hondata advertised gains? Why would you take a shot at them or even bring them up if you wanted pure bone stock numbers? Why would you run 91 without tuning for it when the factory map is for 87? the reason the sport hatch asks for 91 and gets more hp is it has a different tune from the ex-t

Manual

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 EX-T 6mt
Country flag
You said you suspected the gains would be 1/2 of the hondata advertised gains? Why would you take a shot at them or even bring them up if you wanted pure bone stock numbers? Why would you run 91 without tuning for it when the factory map is for 87? the reason the sport hatch asks for 91 and gets more hp is it has a different tune from the ex-t
Really?? That's your answer?

Have you ever heard the term "control group"?

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Really?? That's your answer?
Well sure it is. Did you reread your original post? What is the point of bringing up Hondata if your are looking for numbers that have nothing to do with them?

Bone stock referring to Vits post=no mods only flash pro and tuning, probably 91 octane with up to 10% ethanol is what i believe His state has.

I have not seen anyone here just put 91 or 93 in and do nothing else and dyno it. But just upgrading octane fuel isnt going to net you much gain without tuning it
Sponsored