Hondata HPJ Review

teebee288

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 2017 hatchback sport, Mazda CX-3 2017, polaris rzr 1000s 2017
Country flag
I feel like the FlashPro base maps are SAFE. I WISH someone would post some numbers on what they achieved after getting a custom tune that's within the SAFE ZONE!! I would like to know what can be achieved OVER the +6 high tune base map for the CVT. Is there 5 lbs.of torque, 20 lbs. of torque , 10lbs. Of torque left to gain before the ECU says WOOOOOO!!!!, Too much torque, and starts adjusting the plate and boost levels??? Chime in expert tuners.....

I pass dyno this morning with the +6 mishimoto tune and yes it's safe to run basemap, with a custom tune you can put out a littlebit more but not much. The ecu do all the job. We can not hit full +6 psi because here in quebec our quality gas is horrible so with better gas better result. I will post result today. MY TUNER TELL's: YOU DONT REALLY NEED CUSTOM TUNE SINCE ECU WILL DO ALL THE REST.
Sponsored

andyboyd102

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
I pass dyno this morning with the +6 mishimoto tune and yes it's safe to run basemap, with a custom tune you can put out a littlebit more but not much. The ecu do all the job. We can not hit full +6 psi because here in quebec our quality gas is horrible so with better gas better result. I will post result today. MY TUNER TELL's: YOU DONT REALLY NEED CUSTOM TUNE SINCE ECU WILL DO ALL THE REST.
Thank you so much for this info, I was thinking it was probably close to the maximum before the ECU stepped in and said WOOOOOO!!! I'm not going to step outside of the basemap if there is very little to gain. Thanks again!!

CEXT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 EX Turbo
Country flag
How much power did you put down?

teebee288

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
How much power did you put down?
I'm about to finish the dyno video on youtube and will send link here. On different run the max wtq is 206 and max whp 200. In 15min the vid of all run will be ready

teebee288

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I'm about to finish the dyno video on youtube and will send link here. On different run the max wtq is 206 and max whp 200. In 15min the vid of all run will be ready

teebee288

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Thanks for posting this! It looks like you got another 13hp from the custom tune over the Hondata basemap. That's worth it imo

Yes, some will tell it's worth it and some dont, depend on how much money your tuner will cost to you. I'm happy with those numbers and like i said earlier in an other thread, the dyno mustang we use is very conservative with number, on this dyno a civic si 2015 bone stock put out approx. 160-165whp, so in some run we hit 206wtq and another run 200whp it's a lot more than previous civic si. The gas here is horrible and i'm on winter tire so more resistance. One thing we notice it's we hit 17psi on factory map?!?

CEXT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 EX Turbo
Country flag
Yes, some will tell it's worth it and some dont, depend on how much money your tuner will cost to you. I'm happy with those numbers and like i said earlier in an other thread, the dyno mustang we use is very conservative with number, on this dyno a civic si 2015 bone stock put out approx. 160-165whp, so in some run we hit 206wtq and another run 200whp it's a lot more than previous civic si. The gas here is horrible and i'm on winter tire so more resistance. One thing we notice it's we hit 17psi on factory map?!?
I'm tempted to get a custom tune, but I have a CVT, so my results probably won't be as good as yours. Did you try to increase boost beyond 6psi?

andyboyd102

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
I hit 195 WHP with the +6 Injen SRI base map tune. I am running 93 octane non-ethenol fuel though....... This was my dyno run with my CVT... I think your right when you say you would have better results with better fuel, no doubt.....

teebee288

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I'm tempted to get a custom tune, but I have a CVT, so my results probably won't be as good as yours. Did you try to increase boost beyond 6psi?

Yes we try but impossible, the ign. Was so retarded it limit the boost cause of the gas. And those number can be higher on a dynojet and more higher on a dynapack

CEXT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 EX Turbo
Country flag
I hit 195 WHP with the +6 Injen SRI base map tune. I am running 93 octane non-ethenol fuel though....... This was my dyno run with my CVT... I think your right when you say you would have better results with better fuel, no doubt.....
That's pretty good for CVT. Dynojet, I assume?

CEXT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 EX Turbo
Country flag
Yes we try but impossible, the ign. Was so retarded it limit the boost cause of the gas. And those number can be higher on a dynojet and more higher on a dynapack
Just curious, what octane are you running? 87?

teebee288

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Just curious, what octane are you running? 87?

I feel the car with sheel vpower 91 since it's out of the dealer. But it's "vpower QUEBEC VERSION"

procivic

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.procivic.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan, Others
Country flag
Just remember that power #s will vary quite a bit from dyno to dyno. It's best to ask the dyno technician if they know approximately how much lower their dyno reads than factory (flywheel) horsepower. It is always a percentage and depends on what type of dyno it is and how it is configured. This will help give you a better idea of how much more your car is making than the advertised 174 hp figure.
Sponsored