Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.procivic.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan, Others
Country flag
how's it run with the +9? i've got mine set at +6 because i'm worried about accelerated wear/tear from the +9 setting.
The +9 PSI tune is amazing, especially on this new Si. You could try it just for a bit to see how it feels, but keep in mind you *might* get some clutch slip. We have not on our 2017 Si, but others have.

Also remember to first drive around for a bit (20 miles or so) after you re-flash with a new tune. The ECU needs some time to get the knock control level down and optimize power for your fuel grade. You should definitely be using at least 91 octane.
Sponsored

Design

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 MS3, 17 ABM Si Sedan
Country flag
The +9 PSI tune is amazing, especially on this new Si. You could try it just for a bit to see how it feels, but keep in mind you *might* get some clutch slip. We have not on our 2017 Si, but others have.

Also remember to first drive around for a bit (20 miles or so) after you re-flash with a new tune. The ECU needs some time to get the knock control level down and optimize power for your fuel grade. You should definitely be using at least 91 octane.
I want to emphasize this as well. The changes in the TQ-to-HP curve will reflect a driving experience much like the GTI and Focus ST powertrains. Drivers will definitely feel a good punch in the midrange despite no increase in peak HP.

StickShiftMyButt

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si (grey, sedan), 2018 Honda Civic Type-R (black)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

Okay thanks for the input. I'll try it out

quailman08087

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Have you noticed any difference in the active dampening? I did the plus 6 via sport mode, and either i'm losing my mind or the active dampers are locked up. With that said the tune is amazing. The no lift shift is nice too.

StickShiftMyButt

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Have you noticed any difference in the active dampening? I did the plus 6 via sport mode, and either i'm losing my mind or the active dampers are locked up. With that said the tune is amazing. The no lift shift is nice too.
Unless I'm misunderstanding, they are supposed to be locked into whichever mode you're in. Normal mode should feel softer and sport mode should feel stiffer. It's not adaptive like magnetic ride suspension systems.

quailman08087

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Unless I'm misunderstanding, they are supposed to be locked into whichever mode you're in. Normal mode should feel softer and sport mode should feel stiffer. It's not adaptive like magnetic ride suspension systems.
There is no difference in ride anymore, it feels like the front is stuck in sport mode. other than more boost there is no longer a difference in ride quality if that makes any sense.

StickShiftMyButt

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
There is no difference in ride anymore, it feels like the front is stuck in sport mode. other than more boost there is no longer a difference in ride quality if that makes any sense.
I would try re-flashing it

bamboosted

Boosted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Lunar Silver Civic, 98 CW ITR, 94 Laguna Seca blue Integra 4 door, 93 Frost White Honda Civic
Country flag
Makes me kinda worried about installing the flashpro now I love the sport button option.

procivic

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.procivic.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan, Others
Country flag
It can be hard to judge the increase in damper stiffness on the Sport setting. For me personally, I have a much easier time sensing when the steering wheel gets heavier. That's how I know when the Sport mode has been activated. We're running the FlashPro with the Sport button option and the dampers, steering, and throttle response all still change when the button is hit. I don't even know if from a technical standpoint the FlashPro could affect these other things.

quailman08087

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
It can be hard to judge the increase in damper stiffness on the Sport setting. For me personally, I have a much easier time sensing when the steering wheel gets heavier. That's how I know when the Sport mode has been activated. We're running the FlashPro with the Sport button option and the dampers, steering, and throttle response all still change when the button is hit. I don't even know if from a technical standpoint the FlashPro could affect these other things.
So I figured it out i needed to have a laptop and reflash it the flashpro was having a fault so i pluged it in had to reupload the tune and it works perfect. I took a road trip and it go even funier it was going in and out of sport mode and the psi were bouncing between stock and 26 psi and throwing codes. I first uploaded the tune without a laptop but I just bought one and its good to go now the suspension works again. I think it was due to me not tuning from a laptop

bamboosted

Boosted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Lunar Silver Civic, 98 CW ITR, 94 Laguna Seca blue Integra 4 door, 93 Frost White Honda Civic
Country flag
We had a issue with my car on the dyno, tried to datalog live and as soon was Abraham plugged it in the flashpro to the laptop and hit record the car would just shut off. But if he made his adjustment and load it car would be fine just when trying to datalog it shut the car off.

Anyone one else with Flashpro issues ?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic LX, 2009 CRV EX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
We had a issue with my car on the dyno, tried to datalog live and as soon was Abraham plugged it in the flashpro to the laptop and hit record the car would just shut off. But if he made his adjustment and load it car would be fine just when trying to datalog it shut the car off.

Anyone one else with Flashpro issues ?
I haven't had any issues with flashpro, and I've been running it with the tune for about a month now.

bamboosted

Boosted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I haven't had any issues with flashpro, and I've been running it with the tune for about a month now.
I have the map loaded now but haven't had a min to contact hondata about the datalogging issue.
Sponsored