Hondata FlashPro Released for 2017 Si

Apeks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Civic SiR, 2017 Civic Si Sedan(MSM)
Country flag
Check it out:

https://www.hondata.com/news/blogart43

"Hondata is the world leader in tuning Honda engines and have many world records to prove this. Every map listed here has been comprehensively tuned for fuel, ignition and boost.

Listed here are dyno plots of several of the many base maps provided with the FlashPro.

How the FlashPro will perform on a stock Civic Si ? The answer is superbly!

With a 100% stock Civic Si Turbo you will benefit from:

• 27 HP and 40 lb-ft torque
  • Improved turbo spool
  • Raised boost limits
  • Better throttle response
  • Better mid range power and torque
  • Removed speed limit
  • No change in part throttle fuel economy
  • World class datalogging - which will teach you a lot about your engine.
Base map:

• Dotted green line stock Si. 205 hp 235 lb-ft torque.
  • Solid green line Hondata +6 psi reflash. 233 hp 258 lb-ft torque"

I couldn't copy the dyno graph it appears to be a dead link right now.
Sponsored

zx2down

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Altima 2.5 S
Yeah, they posted it on the Tuning section yesterday.

OP
OP

Apeks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Yeah, they posted it on the Tuning section yesterday.
Cool cool...I'm interested in the figures they were able to extract initially. It seems about 260 lbft of torque is around the upper limit for the stock clutch. Not sure if I'm reading everything right but seems like the Si motor is responding pretty well.

JDM_DOHC_SiR

Uncle Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Acura TLX Type-S / 2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
It's nice to see these tuning options coming out for the Si... but.... if you have a sub par pressure plate and clutch disc what's the purpose of tuning the Si for additional boost and timing. I mean your going to eventually slip the damn thing and it's like your on borrowed time.. unless your only looking at a mild tune..:hmm: Unless my thinking process is totally jacked up I think we will not be able to see the full potential of the Si with a tune on the stock clutch:dunno:

zx2down

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Altima 2.5 S
It's nice to see these tuning options coming out for the Si... but.... if you have a sub par pressure plate and clutch disc what's the purpose of tuning the Si for additional boost and timing. I mean your going to eventually slip the damn thing and it's like your on borrowed time.. unless your only looking at a mild tune..:hmm: Unless my thinking process is totally jacked up I think we will not be able to see the full potential of the Si with a tune on the stock clutch:dunno:
You gotta pay to play, If you wanna make almost 300TQ in a civic, whats wrong with paying almost 1K to get a clutch upgrade? Even if you pay 1K for a clutch, and $500 for a tune, your still paying less than the price of a GTI or ST.

ChrisSi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si sedan, 2009 Pilot
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
You gotta pay to play, If you wanna make almost 300TQ in a civic, whats wrong with paying almost 1K to get a clutch upgrade? Even if you pay 1K for a clutch, and $500 for a tune, your still paying less than the price of a GTI or ST.
That isn't too absurd, you should have to upgrade components to handle more power. But this thing should have came with a better clutch in the first place.

I'd like a mild tune that brings up the mid and upper range power. A more sporting and enjoyable powerband rather than peak numbers.

OP
OP

Apeks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
In any car once you get the motor to a certain output you would have to upgrade components to compensate. In the Si's case the first part would be the clutch then. The golf R has the same MT clutch as the GTI...but the R motor can produce more power out the box than the GTI. It's a similar scenario. If you want to go over the +6 psi mapping, for example, you'll have to do some upgrades.

Also, from what I'm reading looking like for like upgrades it looks like the Si engine is generating more power than the base turbo motor. I'm not sure about the Sport 1.5T motor though. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong because that would also highlight some of the enhancements or lack thereof honda has made to the Si motor.

CivicSi84

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Chrysler 200
Country flag
Hmmm that stock dyno is right around what my stock SRT-4 made with a 2.4L(215/250), thats pretty damn impressive. Whats even more impressive is the fact that they weigh almost the same, yet the Civic is light years ahead in safety, fit and finish etc.

zx2down

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Altima 2.5 S
Hmmm that stock dyno is right around what my stock SRT-4 made with a 2.4L(215/250), thats pretty damn impressive. Whats even more impressive is the fact that they weigh almost the same, yet the Civic is light years ahead in safety, fit and finish etc.
By light years you mean 13yrs? Tech and safely regulations have changed a lot since 2004.

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
In any car once you get the motor to a certain output you would have to upgrade components to compensate. In the Si's case the first part would be the clutch then. The golf R has the same MT clutch as the GTI...but the R motor can produce more power out the box than the GTI. It's a similar scenario. If you want to go over the +6 psi mapping, for example, you'll have to do some upgrades.

Also, from what I'm reading looking like for like upgrades it looks like the Si engine is generating more power than the base turbo motor. I'm not sure about the Sport 1.5T motor though. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong because that would also highlight some of the enhancements or lack thereof honda has made to the Si motor.
Si with Hondata +6 psi: 233 hp 258 lb-ft torque

"Normal Civic" with Hondata +9 psi: 225 hp 254 lb-ft torque

*Hondata's dyno is calibrated to show approximate crank horsepower, not wheel horsepower*

The engine in the Sport hatch is the same as the regular 1.5T engine, it just has a different tune from the factory. When comparing the above sets of numbers from Hondata the Si has 8 more hp and 4 more lb-ft of torque. Not much of a difference there, however it is my understanding that if you put an upgraded clutch in both cars you could probably push the Si engine/turbo a bit further.

This platform still has a lot of room to grow, both engines are going to need turbo and clutch upgrades before we can really see what they can do.

repeet

Threads
Reaction score
Website
jesus7feasts.fyi
Vehicle(s)
'23 BRZ
Country flag
So let me get this straight. Hondata posts a Dyno readout showing the stock torque to be 235 lb-ft of torque instead of the advertised 192 lb-ft of torque. This "chart" lasts only one day on its site and now can't be found. Interesting.

zx2down

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Altima 2.5 S
So let me get this straight. Hondata posts a Dyno readout showing the stock torque to be 235 lb-ft of torque instead of the advertised 192 lb-ft of torque. This "chart" lasts only one day on its site and now can't be found. Interesting.
its still in their tuning thread, and Vit also showed over 192ftlb on the dyno.

CivicSi84

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Chrysler 200
Country flag
By light years you mean 13yrs? Tech and safely regulations have changed a lot since 2004.
Yea.....That was my point. Its ~100 lbs more than my SRT-4 was but better in almost every aspect.

repeet

Threads
Reaction score
Website
jesus7feasts.fyi
Vehicle(s)
'23 BRZ
Country flag
its still in their tuning thread, and Vit also showed over 192ftlb on the dyno.
I've been clicking around looking in those threads looking for the graph, as well as their website. Do you have a link?
Sponsored