Hondata +9PSI Vs. Ktuner Stage 2 (21PSI)

Pur3MotioN770

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport 6MT
Country flag
What's contributing to the differences in the two tunes? I ask because the Hondata tune is making close to 10 more horses, doing so with a little over 10 ft/lbs less than the stage 2 tune from Ktuner. I can see that the torque curve with Ktuner's stage 2 seems to be better. With Hondata's tune, the torque seems to fall off a lot quicker, although at max power, the Hondata tune is still making about 15 ft/lbs more than stage 2 is.

This interests me, mainly because I'd love to be able to make some more power without increasing torque too much over 260 ft/lbs. I ordered a custom tune from Vit, and was hoping to be able to replicate the Hondata tune to some degree.

Additionally, I'm wondering about the differences between the tunes when it comes to turbo lag, as Hondata claims to have "eliminated" much of the turbo lag between gear shifts, while Ktuner also claims to have "reduced" turbo lag.

Honda Civic 10th gen Hondata +9PSI Vs. Ktuner Stage 2 (21PSI) stage2_vs_stock

Honda Civic 10th gen Hondata +9PSI Vs. Ktuner Stage 2 (21PSI) +_9_psi_tune

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
If you are getting a custom tune from Vit I don't think any of this is worth worrying about. Anything you've seen done with Hondata he can do with Ktuner, and more. Just let him know your goals and he will make it happen. :thumbsup:

Edit:I was later reminded of Hondata's no lift shift and boost lag elimination. I don't think Ktuner offers any form of no lift shift (yet) but does offer boost lag elimination, likely done with different ECU coding. From what I've seen both tuning platforms are going back and forth on this new generation Civic.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Pur3MotioN770

Pur3MotioN770

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
If you are getting a custom tune from Vit I don't think any of this is worth worrying about. Anything you've seen done with Hondata he can do with Ktuner, and more. Just let him know your goals and he will make it happen. :thumbsup:
That's with the exception of no lift shifts, correct? Or is there a way to enable this using Ktuner?

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
That's with the exception of no lift shifts, correct? Or is there a way to enable this using Ktuner?
Good catch. As far as I know that is not a Ktuner option yet. I wouldn't expect that to be the case for long.

OP
OP
Pur3MotioN770

Pur3MotioN770

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Good catch. As far as I know that is not a Ktuner option yet. I wouldn't expect that to be the case for long.
Yea, I remember Vit also mentioned some more surprises in store for those tuning with him, though he didn't go into detail. Wondering when we might here more bout that.

kshawn

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
Shoot ktuner an email. There the ones with most of the info your searching for. Psi numbers don't make the tune. I could flash a Tune I've made, 25 psi, and ktuners 21 would blow my 25 out of the water.

And there's also ktuners ability to pretty much disable the turbo lag with "disable target boost dampening" ;)

HondaDNA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Hx, 17 Sport
Country flag
The HonDATA tune is +9psi, as in 9 more over stock(16.5)+9=25.5psi

SilverGhost

Ktuner tuned X2 CivicX.
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 EXT,2017 Sport Hatchback09 Fit
Vehicle Showcase
Yep:agree:

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
From what I undstand stock is 15psi.
Honda advertised it at 16.5 psi. Ive never seen it run 16.5 consistently. With the way Honda has the ecu tuned it runs more in the 14.5-15 range at WOT based on data logging with my Flash Pro

CivCoupe2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Civic Coupe EX, 2016 Civic Coupe EX-T
Country flag
Yea, I remember Vit also mentioned some more surprises in store for those tuning with him, though he didn't go into detail. Wondering when we might here more bout that.
Patiently waiting for this! Been 2 weeks since the last KTuner software update now :hmm:

CivCoupe2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Civic Coupe EX, 2016 Civic Coupe EX-T
Country flag
Honda advertised it at 16.5 psi. Ive never seen it run 16.5 consistently. With the way Honda has the ecu tuned it runs more in the 14.5-15 range at WOT based on data logging with my Flash Pro
Ditto. I was seeing 14s on stock as well. With the +6 Hondata basemap I was seeing 18-19psi tops and only 15ish at 5k rpms. The way it was explained to me is because Honda uses a throttle pullback system that limits peak power output to protect the motor. I am now VitTuned on Ktuner and see over 22psi on the top end. KTuner allows you to rip out the throttle pullback and run whatever boost curve you desire. Not sure if Hondata has since added this ability with the +9 map.

dc2turbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic,teg
Country flag
Ditto. I was seeing 14s on stock as well. With the +6 Hondata basemap I was seeing 18-19psi tops and only 15ish at 5k rpms. The way it was explained to me is because Honda uses a throttle pullback system that limits peak power output to protect the motor. I am now VitTuned on Ktuner and see over 22psi on the top end. KTuner allows you to rip out the throttle pullback and run whatever boost curve you desire. Not sure if Hondata has since added this ability with the +9 map.
its to protect the CVT

Manual doesn't have that limitation

Hondata

Hondata
Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hondata.com
Vehicle(s)
23' Type R,22' Civic Si,18' Accord 2.0T,17' FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Anything you've seen done with Hondata he can do with Ktuner, and more. Just let him know your goals and he will make it happen. :thumbsup:
This is incorrect. Hondata has written new code for the ECU's operation that did not previously exist with regards to boost lag and no lift shift.
Sponsored