Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Acura TLX Type-S / 2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Let's talk rear ends:;)

The Si RSB is part #52300 TBJ A01 18mm

The EX-T and Touring sedan's use #52300 TBA A02 17mm

The Sport Hatch uses -#52300 TGG A01 16.5mm

All three cars use the same bracket and supporting hardware.

So, if they use the same supporting hardware, does that mean that all three are interchangeable? Yes would be my best guess ;)

There was a thread that said that the LX/EX sedans could use the Turbo model sedan's RSB, and that some folks have done just that.

The Si's RSB is on sale for $67, that is certainly attractive over some of the after-market ones.
Sponsored

JDM_DOHC_SiR

Uncle Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Well if the Si RSB is only 18mm, that's not a huge difference over stock for me. I guess a Progress or other after-market would be better.
The SiriMoto one is 20mm and is adjustable the Progress is 20.6mm and is fixed at one position:hmm: Both are priced similar but I'm interested to try to SiriMoto one since it has two settings to choose from:thumbsup:

ronmcdon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 FiestaST, 19 Si, Camaro Z1LE, EvoX, 98 240sx
Country flag
One could also wait for the Ctr rear sway bar to come out as another option.

I might be playing it needlessly safe, but this is a part I'd rather keep oem if possible. Not to mention there's a good chance it'll be more affordable than afermarket

HondaDNA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Hx, 17 Sport
Country flag
Can anyone find the part number for the Si red stitched steering wheel? This site just lists the same p/n as the rest.

BarracksSi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Sport Touring Hatch; '17 CR-V EX. Formerly '02 EP3.
Country flag
IMO, you are better off getting different brake compounds to change what you want to achieve with your brakes. The extra cost + extra unsprung weight may not be worth it unless you are seriously tracking but at that point, a big brake kit with multi-pistons and a floating caliper would be better. CTR upgrade? :)
+1

Tires first, then pads, then fluid, then maybe different rotors, and if you're still getting fade at the track, lastly bigger brakes.

By then, you're already shoveling money like coal into a boiler, so what's another thousand bucks?

JDM_DOHC_SiR

Uncle Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
(my Civic on the right, the day we received my wife's CR-V)

Hmmmmmmmm..... wonder if she'll know the difference.... ;)

IMG_2541 (1).jpg
HHahahahah:rofl: swap out the turbo 1st:p:D

BarracksSi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Sport Touring Hatch; '17 CR-V EX. Formerly '02 EP3.
Country flag
HHahahahah:rofl: swap out the turbo 1st:p:D
It'd be a quick driveway job, right? Just a 10mm socket wrench and I'm good? ;)

Ah, but I've still got the CVT to worry about... :(

CivicLX2016

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic
Vehicle Showcase
One could also wait for the Ctr rear sway bar to come out as another option.

I might be playing it needlessly safe, but this is a part I'd rather keep oem if possible. Not to mention there's a good chance it'll be more affordable than afermarket
Is it possible that CTR parts that attach to sway bar will be different like the lower control arm?

TypeSiR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1.5T Civic, Fit, MX-5, CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The SiriMoto one is 20mm and is adjustable the Progress is 20.6mm and is fixed at one position:hmm: Both are priced similar but I'm interested to try to SiriMoto one since it has two settings to choose from:thumbsup:
The adjustable Sirimoto is interesting but I ended up ordering the Progress (incoming). This was before I found out the cost (cheap!) of the Si RSB but, in hindsight, I also agree it's not much of an improvement over stock. Also adding a Sirimoto front strut bar on top of the Flashpro. These mods will probably be enough to prevent me from buying the Si.

Happy modding.

ronmcdon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 FiestaST, 19 Si, Camaro Z1LE, EvoX, 98 240sx
Country flag
It is entirely possible. Got to play the waiting game.
Hopefully not much longer. Will be fun to see what other parts on the CTR are compatible on non CTR trims.

For those looking to get Si parts, my humble suggestion would be to wait a little longer.

OP
OP
derbo904

derbo904

Keeper of Blinky lights
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 FK7 | 11 E90M3
Country flag
Hopefully not much longer. Will be fun to see what other parts on the CTR are compatible on non CTR trims.

For those looking to get Si parts, my humble suggestion would be to wait a little longer.
Agreed. The Si parta catalog popped up the week the Si was going on sale, so I imagine it would be similar for the CTR. I'm waiting for the CTR LED fogs diagram as well.

CivicLX2016

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic
Vehicle Showcase
Agreed. The Si parta catalog popped up the week the Si was going on sale, so I imagine it would be similar for the CTR. I'm waiting for the CTR LED fogs diagram as well.
Since CTRs are a limited run, wouldn't part prices for the model (if unique) be very costly?
Sponsored

Last edited: