silverrascal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX hatch
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
How much do you use either function?

I barely use Carplay even though I'd thought I'd use it more, I don't. It's still a little too janky for me and I rather use Google Maps for navigating.

I haven't utilized Hondalink either due to some disturbing wording from Honda that they can track or monitor my usage of the app and car. I'm not a tin-foil hat guy but at the same time I don't want anyone necessarily tracking me whenever I'm using MY ride.
Sponsored

D Money

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Wtf is hondalink

I do carplay fo sho all da time

Dixie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Ex T
Android Auto works wonders for me. I always plug my phone into the car before I drive off and I'm able to play my playlists, use Google Maps, receive and send texts through talk, and make calls. I mostly use it for Maps and to listen to my playlists though.

Google Maps?? As in the audio feature that you can make play or am I missing something?

TheCodifier

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Touring Sedan
Country flag
Google Maps?? As in the audio feature that you can make play or am I missing something?
Google Maps as a navigation system. It's an equivalent to a built-in navigation system so for trims without the built-in Garmin system, Google Maps via Android Auto can do the same thing.

deltarogue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T Coupe MSM
Well once I plug my phone in and take off, I can use the touch screen to go to my Android Auto app and from there I can select Google Maps, which pulls up a GPS display of the area the car is in. From there I can input addresses and destinations and the car will direct me via voice to where I need to go. Super handy.

deltarogue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T Coupe MSM
Google Maps as a navigation system. It's an equivalent to a built-in navigation system so for trims without the built-in Garmin system, Google Maps via Android Auto can do the same thing.
Yeah it really does the exact same thing as a higher up trim with a built in navigation system or the Garmin system. I actually think it works a lot better in my opinion. The only thing is that it uses my phones data when I'm using Google Maps, but it's not that significant.

Dixie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Ex T
Well once I plug my phone in and take off, I can use the touch screen to go to my Android Auto app and from there I can select Google Maps, which pulls up a GPS display of the area the car is in. From there I can input addresses and destinations and the car will direct me via voice to where I need to go. Super handy.
That makes sense. I use my iPhone which forces me to use their maps which stink. Luckily I have a work phone that is android I will have to start using, along with their data ;)

WallyBR

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 MSM Civic Touring Sedan, 2012 Odyssey
Country flag
That makes sense. I use my iPhone which forces me to use their maps which stink. Luckily I have a work phone that is android I will have to start using, along with their data ;)
Google Maps is available for iOS. Some folks swear by it. I have used both on my iPhone. The phone defaults to the built-in maps app when using Siri, but you can use any map app you prefer.

Dixie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Ex T
Google Maps is available for iOS. Some folks swear by it. I have used both on my iPhone. The phone defaults to the built-in maps app when using Siri, but you can use any map app you prefer.
I am pretty sure you can't have google maps show up on carplay display. I want google maps to show on the infotainment unit and everything I read says not possible.

ResortCasual

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
I am pretty sure you can't have google maps show up on carplay display. I want google maps to show on the infotainment unit and everything I read says not possible.
That is correct. CarPlay only supports Apple Maps. There are no other CarPlay compatible map apps available.

RC

Leetcivx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Si
Country flag
i have a GS7. i have used Android auto almost exclusively since the drive home from the dealership. Spotify, i heart radio, pandora for music. google maps for nav. if i want to know what the weather is going to be like in a specific location at a certain time, i just ask. If i want to know if there is traffic between me and my destination, again i just ask. it has been awesome and i wont buy another car without it.
Sponsored