Honda Sales Rep told dealer to charge ADM?

ayau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Country flag
Not sure how true this is, but a Honda Sales Rep told the dealer GM to mark up the car to prevent consumers from reselling it on Ebay. They'd rather have the dealer make the profit than the consumer.

Are the sales reps Honda employees? This goes against the email sent from Honda a few weeks ago regarding dealers charging ADM.
Sponsored

Tim818

King Of The ‘Ring
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Civic EX, 2018 CTR
Country flag
At the end of the day it's always our fault, some of us are crazy enough to pay the ADM, while others pay MSRP and sell over 20-30K on eBay....it is what it is

youCTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1292 CW Civic Type R
Country flag
Not sure how true this is, but a Honda Sales Rep told the dealer GM to mark up the car to prevent consumers from reselling it on Ebay. They'd rather have the dealer make the profit than the consumer.

Are the sales reps Honda employees? This goes against the email sent from Honda a few weeks ago regarding dealers charging ADM.
Yeah? Well, a Honda Rep told the GM to tell me if I don't buy $5,000 worth of warranties for the CTR, the finance manager's family is going to starve tonight.

Bro...people use whatever credentials they can to make things seem more justified and official.

OP
OP

ayau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Country flag
Yeah? Well, a Honda Rep told the GM to tell me if I don't buy $5,000 worth of warranties for the CTR, the finance manager's family is going to starve tonight.

Bro...people use whatever credentials they can to make things seem more justified and official.
That's why I questioned the authenticity of this when I first heard it.

Regardless, it doesn't matter who said what. All that matters is what the dealer is ultimately asking for.
Sponsored