Honda Reveals 2017 Civic Si Coupe and Sedan (205 HP / 192 LB-FT)

rwmurrayvt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback 6MT
Lighter, LSD, significant handling improvements, and a similar engine to the EX-T that gets over 240whp/300lb-ft tq with Vit tuning it. Chances are this car will have a better clutch and the larger CR-V turbo.

Everyone's bitching when they haven't even driven the car. Something tells me the tune you all are singing will change in the next 12-18 months.
Sponsored

Inertiaman70

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
13 Mazda 3 i Touring Hatchback
Country flag

Xyrex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'86 Honda Prelude
I just threw that out there, but you get the idea lol.
I agree with you though. When Honda decided to give the Americas the Type R I figured it would come at the expense of the Si. It would make a lot more sense from a business standpoint to offer the Si in the Hatch as well and just sell it globally like the Type R. Ford is doing the same with the ST and RS models of Focus. Having a not-quite-insane performance trim under something like the Type R makes sense, but Honda handled this in the oddest way possible.

zx2down

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Altima 2.5 S
So same engine? Just tuned...
Probably just did like VW/Audi does. Swap out the turbo, tweak the tune, call it a day. I laugh at Audi prices since most the engines are just the same as a much cheaper GTI, with a different turbo, and 15-20K added to the price.

b0j4ngl35

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX Hatchback
It would make a lot more sense from a business standpoint to offer the Si in the Hatch as well and just sell it globally like the Type R.
If they'd offer the Si in hatchback form I'd probably be tempted to make a swap from my EX...as dumb a financial move as that would be. The sedan and coupe just aren't all that exciting to look at, and the added utility of having the hatchback makes it a no-brainer for me.

NoelPR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' Ridgeline RTL-E (Thanks to the CTR markups)
Country flag
Lighter, LSD, significant handling improvements, and a similar engine to the EX-T that gets over 240whp/300lb-ft tq with Vit tuning it. Chances are this car will have a better clutch and the larger CR-V turbo.

Everyone's bitching when they haven't even driven the car. Something tells me the tune you all are singing will change in the next 12-18 months.
For me 290whp/350wtq from the 2.0lt everyone was expecting sound perfectly right to me.

zx2down

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Altima 2.5 S

I believe its supposed to be lighter than the last Si, not than the current Civic. SO really the upgrades are just LSD, suspension, likely turbo upgrade. Really most people that modify will be swapping out parts of the suspension and the turbo anyway, so for them it', just the LSD they care about.

duraz0rz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring - Sonic Grey
Country flag
I wonder how this will compare head-to-head with the Hyundai Elantra Sport. I'm keeping an eye out for my next daily driver and both the Hyundai and this are on my list. Although I'm tempted to get a GTI with a DSG and the safety features akin to the Honda Sensing stuff, I think a sedan will be a bit more practical for me.

Wonder if we can at least get some driver-assistance features like Forward Collision Warning, Collision Mitigation Braking System and LaneWatch on the Si.
Sponsored