Honda Reveals 2017 Civic Si Coupe and Sedan (205 HP / 192 LB-FT)

CIVICSPORT

Doctor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Touring
I'd hit that! Si in both forms looks good. Yes, disappointed with HP numbers but overall, I think the car has mod potential. Thumbs up!!
Ya you will need the mod potential. There are tune only regular 1.5T's making more power than this. And those guys are running mid 14's so I would expect this Si to be high 14's at best.. 14.8's maybe.
Sponsored

elusiveaura

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CW CTR - 2020 Acura RDX A-Spec
Country flag
No it wont, the focus ST has had it for years.
Talking about for Honda. This is a Honda forum lol

Also, are there other trims? This mentions 18" rims but I heard videos and people say it would have HPD 19" and option for led headlights.

NorthernEX-T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Man the comments are brutal. Firstly, I'm guessing this engine will be underrated from the factory as has been common this generation. Also a ECU flash tune from Hondata and you'll probably be sitting at ~240hp/220lb-ft
So the same as my EX-T ;)

jdmk20akid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 Civic w/ B18c5, 2016 Honda Accord EX w/ Honda Sensing
Country flag
Even though I'm going to be buying a Type R I can't help but feel some type of way for the people that were holding out to see these power figures. I'm sure it will be a blast to drive though, but not even 210-215 Hp?! Well I can say that the demand for the Type R might even go up after this kind of a disappointment.

I'm sure it will still sell relatively well don't get me wrong. But a Hondata reflash will be the only saving grace for this car, power wise. If they can give it 240hp with matching torque numbers then this thing would be an absolute riot to throw around.

RODSCIVIC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Acura MDX 2016 Focus ST 2018 Si Sedan
Country flag
They should just go ahead and offer the Hatchback in SI form also. I think some of the theories around here were correct. The CTR exist to sell the SI, Get people in the showroom to see the CTR, $10-20k markup.....let me show you the SI.

I do like the seats and interior though, I wouldn't mind having those seats in my sedan.

It's going to be a tough sell on it's own unless people are truly looking at a coupe.

The Focus ST is powerful but heavy, maybe the SI will feel better throwing it around the corners.

NorthernEX-T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Ya you will need the mod potential. There are tune only regular 1.5T's making more power than this. And those guys are running mid 14's so I would expect this Si to be high 14's at best.. 14.8's maybe.
I would say it would be right on par with the 9th gen si, they run 14.9 stock. This new car will BARELY be any faster IMO stock for stock.

zx2down

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Altima 2.5 S
Even though I'm going to be buying a Type R I can't help but feel some type of way for the people that were holding out to see these power figures. I'm sure it will be a blast to drive though, but not even 210-215 Hp?! Well I can say that the demand for the Type R might even go up after this kind of a disappointment.

I'm sure it will still sell relatively well don't get me wrong. But a Hondata reflash will be the only saving grace for this car, power wise. If they can give it 240hp with matching torque numbers then this thing would be an absolute riot to throw around.
The Type R is a limited run if I remember, so that car was going to sell out no matter what the Si came out as.

Curtman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
adfdsfdsf
Vehicle Showcase
I'm not really happy about the HP numbers but I like the other features. I hope the transmission is different from the other Civics, and there are more differences to the engine other than just a tune. I will probably still by the sedan though.

jpmelfi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR #706, 07 S2k
Country flag
Why are people acting disappointed when we knew this is what is was going to be. All everyone seems to care about is HP. The SI was never about HP. It has always been about driver engagement and chassis dynamics. Anyone can chuck a ton of HP into a car, but to make it work is another story. Acura offered the TSX with a V6 because people are stat sheet crazed and for the normal highway cruiser, yes the extra straight line power is nice, but as soon as you put the car into a corner, the car felt nose heavy and the I4 was much more enjoyable. It felt lighter on its feet and much more balanced. If you really need more power than look elsewhere

NorthernEX-T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Type R
Vehicle Showcase

Yeah this is really good news for us that have one reserved at MSRP :headbang:

NorthernEX-T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Type R
Vehicle Showcase
So true. If I find a lightly used clean 2011 FA5 I wont hesitate. Drop a supercharged kit and take 95% of the cars out there.
You know!! 2011 Si :love: such a great car. Definitely on my winter car list for the fall!