Honda Parts Bulletin on the CTR Tire Replacement

NoelPR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' Ridgeline RTL-E (Thanks to the CTR markups)
Country flag
Yeah the dealer i work at already told me flat out there is no chance we will be purchasing one of the "required" changing machines. very unfortunate because ours is ancient. but they are not willing too spend even half that money on something that is only needed for 1 vehicle. but Ive already been given a list of the dealers around us that do have these machines. only 2 within 30 minutes of us
This isn't only for the type R. The ancient tire changing machines have a bad reputation of damaging wheels easily. Make them calculate how much claims they have everytime they scratch a wheel and add up the cost yearly.
Something tells me that it will pay itself in a couple of years.
Sponsored

wingben

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback EX
Vehicle Showcase
We're a small dealership and service department, we won't be buying that tire machine any time soon. We did sell one CTR but the customer lived a couple hours away, so at this time we don't have a customer that would justify the investment. Maybe if our machine goes down, we'll consider that machine. At this time, we have one of the Hunter machines that are PAX compatible and it wasn't even worth the extra investment for that capability. We haven't changed a PAX tire in well over a year.

Tool and equipment prices are outrageous. Tire machines, balancers, brake lathes...the costs are insane.

Hondanight

First Name
Michael Wertz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR
Country flag
My dealer bought one, we love it and a lot less risk damaging wheels and tpms sensors. I personally wouldn't trust another machine. Sure other machines can probably do the job and maybe without scratching the wheel. But like the guy said above I'm not paying for a wheel or wheel repair because our machine is an OLD POS and even though I taped up the rim it still got scratched.

We don't even do alignments on Type R's just because the way our sensors clamp on the rim. Not worth possibly scratching. We're getting new machines in the near future anyway with "heads" that clamp on the tire instead.

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Aiming for 400whp out of the TypeR.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Black CTR #4071, 16 MDX Tech
Country flag
We should put together a list of dealerships that have the proper tooling.

Ruckus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R. 2012 Honda Ruckus. 2001 civic sedan. 2012 accord sedan.
Country flag
We should put together a list of dealerships that have the proper tooling.
im pretty sure my manager told me you can go to Hunter's website and somewhere you can search which dealers have these machines. dont quote me on that but i know he told me we only have 2 local dealers with the machine and we are not one of them hahah

iLovePho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CW CTR #2060
Country flag
im pretty sure my manager told me you can go to Hunter's website and somewhere you can search which dealers have these machines. dont quote me on that but i know he told me we only have 2 local dealers with the machine and we are not one of them hahah
I went to website, don't see anywhere I can search for the nearest dealer?

Ruckus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
i will look into this for you, like i said not 100% sure were my manager got this information but somehow he found out what dealers had the machines because i needed to know my options when the time comes

Ruckus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
alright sorry i misspoke just went and asked my manager where here got this information and i guess he was speaking with the local hunter rep in our area to see which shops had the machine. he said you should be able to call hunter and get the information, a bit of a hassle but might save you some headaches down the road

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Aiming for 400whp out of the TypeR.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Black CTR #4071, 16 MDX Tech
Country flag
alright sorry i misspoke just went and asked my manager where here got this information and i guess he was speaking with the local hunter rep in our area to see which shops had the machine. he said you should be able to call hunter and get the information, a bit of a hassle but might save you some headaches down the road
Speaking of hassle and headaches... everybody should know RIGHT NOW where they're going to get tires taken care of...as opposed to waiting until you get a flat and have to scramble.

I suppose this isn't a big deal if your CTR is a 2nd or 3rd car, but for me it's my primary/daily/only so I can't handle down time well except to order up an Uber ride for my 5 miles to work.

jdmorangefever

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93 eg, 17 type r, 16 crv
Country flag
Most german car brand dealers should have them.. we have been dealing with wheels/tires like these for years

wmo168

First Name
Mr M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Geo Metro
Country flag
Acura dealer should have it if they certified to service NSX? then the next question is will they take you as customer

Hondanight

First Name
Michael Wertz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR
Country flag
Acura dealer should have it if they certified to service NSX? then the next question is will they take you as customer
I don't see why they wouldn't, many dealers take other manufacturers vehicles in for service all the time.

jdmorangefever

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93 eg, 17 type r, 16 crv
Country flag
I worked at acura a bit, all the honda customers who hated the honda dealer took it to acura

mdchan84

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Acura RSX Type S (RIP), 2009 Honda Fit, 2013 Honda CR-V, 2017 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
I just called Honda of Mentor in the Cleveland, OH area and they said they would take my wheels to the Audi dealership nearby if my tires needed to be replaced. Other Honda dealerships near me didn't know what they were going to.