Honda Parts Bulletin on the CTR Tire Replacement

hondatech nate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ridgeline
i was talking to my dpsm the other day about the car. he said that acura was requiring the dealers to buy the new machines to be able to sell the new nsx. you might want to look at your closest acura dealer and see if they have the equipment.

erbee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Nissan Altima, 2004 BMW M3
Country flag
Any experienced tire shop can do it . It's not like they never done 20s. Who buy tires from dealerships anyway.

hondatech nate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ridgeline
you go ahead and take that chance if youre feeling bold. i will be going somewhere with the machine that honda recomends.

RCA888

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ABM 2018 Civic Type R
Any experienced tire shop can do it . It's not like they never done 20s. Who buy tires from dealerships anyway.
100% this theres no way a reputable tire shop cant change aluminum wheels without scuffing them. its not like the wheel has changed shape or aluminum is a brand new material.

OP
OP
RatedR

RatedR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1992 Integra GS-R (sold). 2000 Integra Type R (sold). 2017 Civic Type R.
Country flag
LOTS of ppl acually. Just not performance car guys.

hondatech nate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ridgeline
no im not stupid enough to take the risk when honda says not to use anything other than those 2 machines. im taking mine to acura and anyone who shows up at my dealer asking im turning them away. im not paying for a 1100 dollar rim.

Phantisy

First Name
Marshall
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.primalsynthetics.com
Vehicle(s)
'13 Honda Fit Sport, 17 Honda CTR
Country flag
once the tires wear out, I'm turning those 20inch wheels in to a coffee table and 18x9 volk te37's replacing the dubs.
Which ones are you looking at?
LOTS of ppl acually. Just not performance car guys.
No Honda dealerships in my area have proper equipment to change the tires without screwing up the wheels.

iLovePho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CW CTR #2060
Country flag
Is there a way to find out which dealership has the machine locally without having to call every one?

zroger73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MX-5 Miata GT-S, 2021 Ridgeline RTL-E
Country flag
So, for Honda dealers that choose not to buy one of the recommended machines, will they eventually spend more than a new tire machine by paying for replacement wheels or will they just sublet these repairs out to another shop that has one of the recommended machines or that can do the job without damaging the wheel?
Sponsored