Honda is taking notes on the Type R sales

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Aiming for 400whp out of the TypeR.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Black CTR #4071, 16 MDX Tech
Country flag
No, just go on http://automobiles.honda.com/ and at the very bottom on the shipping tool column click search inventory.

1. enter zip
2. select your dealers
3. select view inventory
4. select the car model click find.
5. It no car in transit it will say "Your dealer can help you find the vehicle you searched for"

Basically looking at their iN system without dates and etc? My car is 3 weeks out so if it say in transit I'm guessing 3 weeks out.
Whoa it works!!
A dealer who told me they have white arriving 'by the end of this month' shows CW in transit-!
Sponsored

m3cosmos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE
Country flag
Whoa it works!!
A dealer who told me they have white arriving 'by the end of this month' shows CW in transit-!
I didn't know about this either until someone posted here. Pretty cool tool to search the dealer
s incoming cars. It is a good tool to see if your dealer speaks the truth.

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Once people who bought it to resell it realize that they won't be making a profit on it then the market will settle.

Design

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 MS3, 17 ABM Si Sedan
Country flag
I really doubt it's a low margin car.
Look at the last R sold in the states. Honda took a loss on every unit delivered to the dealers. Yet it sold for 25% above a comparatively equipped GSR 3dr. True, the circumstances were different. But it underscored Honda's interest in getting a functionally relevant platform back into SCCA and other professional racing orgs.

Today's CTR sells for around 27-28% over a comparably equipped hatchback. Global production has almost certainly reduced the delta. But this category is still highly price sensitive.

My 2 cents...

Plombhpa

First Name
Hal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type R, F150
Country flag
Well, if they actually came out and said that, instead of quickly dismissing every person who told them. I tweeted them, and the absolute only thing they said is "American Honda Motor CO, Inc. does not regulate the prices set by dealerships" that is it. Nothing like, we are monitoring it, or thank you for the concern, nothing to show that they care for the consumer. That is why I think that nothing will be done. I even gave them the link to the "Naughty thread".
So the told you the truth. They could have placated you with a lie a that they are monitoring the situation so that you might feel better. If you want to feel better complain on line to those who are paying more than MSRP. If everyone would hold the line at MSRP then there would only be the issue of how long you wait to get a car. Some people got a car at MSRP. In my case I made my deal about a year ago. Just be patient eventually the prices will fall. You will probably get more horsepower and better features for less money. As the old guy here take my word for it the prices will fall just like they have for the Fords, Subarus, and VWs.
Plombhpa

HondaCBX6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda’s: CTR, other non Honda’s. previous NSX, S2000’s, Ridgeline
I really doubt it's a low margin car, they are selling a Sport Touring for like $25k USD in Canada? The actual cost on the upgraded components is not going to be $10k, yeah the R&D cost was higher, but that gets averaged across all units, so if they sold more units it would reduce the R&D cost per unit.

The differences are what, suspension, brakes, upgraded engine (that they are using standard in the Accord), wing and tacky interior. The body panels likely don't cost much more than the stock ones, the wing is probably pretty cheap as it's injection molded plastic? I'd guess the majority of the higher cost is the interior/brakes/suspension.

Wow. Is the Sport Touring that much less in Canada?

The MSRP in the US is $29,135 including delivery. Are the north of the border models equipped with Navi etc.?

Interestingly there is only ~$5.5k difference in the Civic HBk Touring and the CTR MSRP in the US.

SujetoTypeR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Honda Fit Sport
I love it! Gillman Honda of San Antonio has 2 listed in inventory. A blue 'on the lot' which I think is their first one and asking approximately $58k and a second one, Championship White 'in transit.'

SujetoTypeR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Honda Fit Sport
I wish all companies can operate like tesla and cut out dealerahips. That's 1 reason I appreciate tesla a lot.
Which why if I can't buy an R at or below MSRP I'll be driving my current car until the wheels fall off then picking up a Model 3 at MSRP.

I honestly expect my current '10 Fit or the R to be the last internal combustion engine car I buy.

BlackStud525

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic EX-L 9th gen
Country flag
Which why if I can't buy an R at or below MSRP I'll be driving my current car until the wheels fall off then picking up a Model 3 at MSRP.

I honestly expect my current '10 Fit or the R to be the last internal combustion engine car I buy.
model 3 decently packaged will be around 40k+ and also it will be made in japan shipped to USA due to huge failures at the fremont plant in ca.

SujetoTypeR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Honda Fit Sport
model 3 decently packaged will be around 40k+ and also it will be made in japan shipped to USA due to huge failures at the fremont plant in ca.
Whereas the R is $40k+ due to ADM, made in the UK and shipped to the USA.

BlackStud525

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic EX-L 9th gen
Country flag
Whereas the R is $40k+ due to ADM, made in the UK and shipped to the USA.
either way you gonna have to wait, i bet you can get a msrp type r before you get that model 3 that car wont be out for awhile before the public get its hands on it. unless you are a top executive or work at tesla your name on that list is gonna take much longer than expected prob 2019

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag

I've got the exact same plan. My R will be retired from Daily use maybe a year or 2 after paying it off. I expect my next car to be a Tesla.

CTR1633FK2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R Fk2 + Civic Type R Fk8
Country flag
Is the Tesla model 3 really made in Japan? I thought only the batteries are from Panasonic.

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Is the Tesla model 3 really made in Japan? I thought only the batteries are from Panasonic.
I don't know for sure but I thought the assembly point was in Nevada at the Gigafactory. I don't know 100% though.
Sponsored