Admin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
American Honda has just reported its November 2015 sales figures, and Civic sales are up 8.6% compared to the same month last year.
  • All-new 2016 Honda Civic pushes 8.6 percent model gain as first customers take deliveries in mid-November
  • Civic posted an 8.6 percent November increase on sales of 25,050 units, even as the production ramp up of the 2016 Civic Sedan continues at Honda plants in North America. (full sales report)

Honda Civic 10th gen Honda Civic U.S. sales up 8.6% in November on 25,050 units sold 2016-civic-sales
Sponsored

Viva la vida

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic EX-T
Strong numbers. And that's with just about half a month of sales. Anyone have Canadian numbers so we can see how many sold in N. America total?

MMM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fit
Well the new Civic is at least 8.6% better than that the previous one.
:lol: I'd say it's even more than that.

One thing to remember is that these sales stats also include any 2015 Civics sold in Nov.

hondo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
these sales stats also include any 2015 Civics sold in Nov.
That's what I was thinking. It may be a combination of pent up demand for the 10th gen combined with Honda clearing out the 2015s with lowered pricing. Still impressive for a sedan to pick up sales heading into winter.

///Mookster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
:thumbsup:

Next month's Civic stats should be even higher with a full production month's worth of 2016 models. I'm surprised Honda still makes the CR-Z. 100-200 units a month in the whole country?! :confused1:

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Aiming for 400whp out of the TypeR.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Black CTR #4071, 16 MDX Tech
Country flag
:thumbsup:

Next month's Civic stats should be even higher with a full production month's worth of 2016 models. I'm surprised Honda still makes the CR-Z. 100-200 units a month in the whole country?! :confused1:
I know. I'm hoping the CR-Z refresh helps a bit, but low gas prices + marginally better economy = not going to sell units!!!

RobbJK88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I know. I'm hoping the CR-Z refresh helps a bit, but low gas prices + marginally better economy = not going to sell units!!!
And really, with the civic coupe coming in spring why buy a CRZ? It has worse mileage, is almost 2 seconds slower to 60 and probably doesn't handle any better than the new civic does. Plus the civic has back seats. The next gen CRZ is really going to have to step up it's game in all areas to remain relevant to the market at all, even as a niche vehicle.

Pkcivic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Civic
December will be even better. The civic was not available for almost 2 weeks of the month. Also the cars were very limited this month. Only time will tell.

manhunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hondas
I'd be curious what the breakdown is as far as what % of those numbers is the 2016 model. Also would like to see what % for each trim. Judging by the owner registry here, I counted and 30 of the 61 current owners opted for the Touring. The rest breakdown like:

- 15 EX
- 15 EX-T
- 5 LX
- 4 EX-L

thomasok

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Black Honda Accord EX-L, 2003 Blue Honda Accord EX-L
You said 61 owners but your breakdown adds up to 69!? I think you need th check the numbers.

Civil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic '97 (still running)
Vehicle Showcase
It will be interesting to know how much market share the new Civic will be taking out of HR-V, Accord and ILX in the months to come.

manhunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hondas
You said 61 owners but your breakdown adds up to 69!? I think you need th check the numbers.
Lol sorry botched that. This forum moves fast so there's a lot more owners now. Here is what it looks like from the owner registry.

78 owners:

- 37 Touring
- 18 EX
- 13 EX-T
- 5 LX
- 5 EX-L

hondo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Lol sorry botched that. This forum moves fast so there's a lot more owners now. Here is what it looks like from the owner registry.

78 owners:

- 37 Touring
- 18 EX
- 13 EX-T
- 5 LX
- 5 EX-L
It's funny how the breakdown is so different from the general public (or at least what Honda expects). Searching for available 2016 Civics within 30 miles of me gives the following results:

- 62 Touring
- 249 EX
- 74 EX-T
- 425 LX
- 39 EX-L

RobbJK88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
It's funny how the breakdown is so different from the general public (or at least what Honda expects). Searching for available 2016 Civics within 30 miles of me gives the following results:

- 62 Touring
- 249 EX
- 74 EX-T
- 425 LX
- 39 EX-L
Well take into account people on this forum are car enthusiasts, and potentially direct more of their earnings to a new car than the average car buyer that just wants reliable A to B transportation. LX has always been the most popular trim level in sales for the average buyers. I'm a bit surprised they expect such low EXT numbers compared to the EX, but those numbers are also based on your region, which takes into account average income, average new car purchase price, etc.
Sponsored