Honda Civic Type R purchasing process

Tim818

King Of The ‘Ring
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Civic EX, 2018 CTR
Country flag
.....yeah I'll wait until the Type R is actually listed on the Honda website where you can build it, don't care if I have to wait a year for one either.
Sponsored

Reactions: JYR

JYR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
8th gen Si
Country flag
I'll elaborate on how we found out about the "pre-allocations."

...I believe him (I saw the Facebook posting) because this Dealer Principal is young and an enthusiast and he actually owns an imported JDM Integra Type R.....
You had me until this. To my knowledge, JDM Integra R's are not legal for the US because they don't meet the 25 year rule. There were a few that slipped through the cracks during the motorex days, but the legal Integra R's on US soil are very few and far between. Unless of course he has a house in Canada where he owns the ITR.

NorthernEX-T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Sounds like me.. @BABear70

- Spoke to my dealer this morning, and indeed, today they got the go ahead in Canada to order them.

- Listed as a "2018 Civic Hatchback R" he told me.

- He said there are only 2 colors available for spring/summer delivery. Black & Championship White.

I have officially ordered the car, nothing in writing, but it's in the works now :yes:

NorthernEX-T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Type R
Vehicle Showcase
You had me until this. To my knowledge, JDM Integra R's are not legal for the US because they don't meet the 25 year rule. There were a few that slipped through the cracks during the motorex days, but the legal Integra R's on US soil are very few and far between. Unless of course he has a house in Canada where he owns the ITR.
He said up North.. He's not fibbing, especially with my news meshing perfectly with his story.

BABear70

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017' Honda Civic Type R in Ralley Red R-04344, 2016' Honda Civic Touring Sedan in Ralley Red, 1997' Honda Civic CX Hatchback in Electron Blue Pearl
Country flag
I'm aware of the 25 year rule (hoping one day I can get a 91' Civic SiR as well).

The thing is that this gentleman has a racing team and he actually got it in here to use as a racecar.

BA...

Last edited:

ZdH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ACURA TSX Superchrged, 2010 Honda Accord, 1999 Honda Accord
Country flag
I haven't worked with any reps, there was a gentleman named Marcelino, he helpful until he tried to get me to come in and agree to 2500$ over msrp.
At that point I delt with a fleet manager directly with a completely differnt dealership
ZdH,

The Arizona rep that works with the fleet manager you are working with to purchase your CTR is the same rep that communicated to us that the release has been delayed until June-July.

Has the fleet manager said anything to you about the delay?
M

Evo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lancer Evolution
Country flag
I haven't worked with any reps, there was a gentleman named Marcelino, he helpful until he tried to get me to come in and agree to 2500$ over msrp.
At that point I delt with a fleet manager directly with a completely differnt dealership

M
Don't pay over MSRP for these, they will be all over within a year and possible discounts within that time. Look at the 2014-2015 Z-28 75k list going for 50k left over news

Reactions: JYR

NorthernEX-T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Don't pay over MSRP for these, they will be all over within a year and possible discounts within that time. Look at the 2014-2015 Z-28 75k list going for 50k left over news
Nobody here is, we've been through this weeks ago.

ZdH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ACURA TSX Superchrged, 2010 Honda Accord, 1999 Honda Accord
Country flag
You'd be surprised, some people will pay a premium because they don't want to go from dealer to dealer some want that "bragging right" if you will to attempt to have one of the first

NorthernEX-T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Type R
Vehicle Showcase
You'd be surprised, some people will pay a premium because they don't want to go from dealer to dealer some want that "bragging right" if you will to attempt to have one of the first
I guess it's just a Canadian thing where dealers are not allowed to charge above MSRP for our vehicles.. good luck to all down there.

lbiaggi

First Name
Light
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Honda Prelude SI
I have my name put for first CTR with MSRP . I wont pay a penny over MSRP if that is HONDA Price so I am paying that .. i feel there are few alternatives. I know might make no logic but I will never drive a ford even if they start selling space shuttle . STI is way over hyped and I do not like the WV look . well if they ask more than MSRP i will get me a NSX(The older gen) OR SUPRA since I am paying cash

Apexial

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Civic Si
I also have a deposit on one. The dealership here says they are getting 2, 1 red and 1 black, and I can only hope I get the black one. They also said they have no idea when or how much but that I will be paying Honda's MSRP.

JYR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
8th gen Si
Country flag
Actually, yes. People have mentioned they are willing to pay over invoice.

I told the dealer I would be fine with an ADM to have it first. I asked what they would charge 10k 5k 2.5k etc.

I would have paid 5k over MSRP to have the first one they get.

But the sales manager said if I was willing to do a deposit they were fine at MSRP.

So that is the price I'm comfortable at. I'm guessing between 34.5k and 39k depending on options.

The car to me will be priceless