Honda Civic Type R purchasing process

BABear70

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017' Honda Civic Type R in Ralley Red R-04344, 2016' Honda Civic Touring Sedan in Ralley Red, 1997' Honda Civic CX Hatchback in Electron Blue Pearl
Country flag
I heard the same... Dealers are getting a pre-allocation allocation of 1... Giving choice of color...

No other info on pricing or timing yet...

BA...

airkizr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord
I have one Type R being Allocated at my Dealership for End of February to Mid March. The color is not decided on yet, but may be red. Anyone in the Northern Virginia area, that is interested in getting a Type-R on the first day it arrives, please inbox me. So I can help you out, as of now getting a Type-R will be very difficult if you don't have a contact in a dealership.

Eddie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type R 2014 Pilot 08 Mugen Si
Country flag
I just got confirmation from my dealer on the allocation. I was asked if I had a color preference and replied accordingly. Great news for sure!

Last edited:

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hondas civics, accords, pilots
I stopped by 1 of the 5 dealerships in town. According to the sales person, I have been the only one to ask about the CTR. I guess there is not that much interest around my area. They haven't heard about when they are getting them in though.
I also decided to check out the hatchbacks since the CTR is similar in size. Wow I didn't realize how small they are, and I'm not a big guy at all. I'll have to sit in it next time but it looks to be a snug fit.

BABear70

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017' Honda Civic Type R in Ralley Red R-04344, 2016' Honda Civic Touring Sedan in Ralley Red, 1997' Honda Civic CX Hatchback in Electron Blue Pearl
Country flag
I stopped by 1 of the 5 dealerships in town. According to the sales person, I have been the only one to ask about the CTR. I guess there is not that much interest around my area. They haven't heard about when they are getting them in though.
I also decided to check out the hatchbacks since the CTR is similar in size. Wow I didn't realize how small they are, and I'm not a big guy at all. I'll have to sit in it next time but it looks to be a snug fit.
I'm not sure why you say its small...

I currently drive a 16' Civic Touring Sedan and I'm 6 foot 2 and 310 pounds and I'm VERY comfortable in my Civic. The only noticeable difference in interior space between the HB and the Sedan is with the HB having a little less leg room in the rear as compared to the Sedan...

Regards,

BA...

J35W2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'00 supercharged Civic Si (sold), '06 Civic Si (sold) , '14 V6-6MT Accord Coupe (sold), '17 CTR #1637, '18 Civic LX Hatch
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Stopped by my local dealership today and the SM said they have received no info regarding allocation for the CTR. I did happen to get a glimpse at a Sonic Grey Hatch Sport and it looks even better in person. The CTR is going to be brilliant.

BABear70

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Stopped by my local dealership today and the SM said they have received no info regarding allocation for the CTR. I did happen to get a glimpse at a Sonic Grey Hatch Sport and it looks even better in person. The CTR is going to be brilliant.
Looks like official colors will be:

Championship White
Ralley Red
Crystal Black Pearl
Aegean Blue Metallic
Polished Metal Metallic

That's the latest I have heard...

BA...

GSquared

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type-R (SGP), 2017 Civic Type-R (PMM - SOLD), 2015 Civic Si (Sold), 2013 Si Turbo (Sold)
Country flag
Just checked with 3 different dealers that I have friends at. None of them said they have heard a single thing about any kind of allocation. I had them triple check with everyone as well. Must be only specific dealers or something...

None around me are taking names or deposits either. They said it is too far out to do so.

Eddie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type R 2014 Pilot 08 Mugen Si
Country flag
There are colors here that only apply to the 5dr when I search. New gold brown metallic, molten Lava pearl for example. Don't know if they'll apply to the R but they are not colors for the sedan or coupe.

Honda Civic 10th gen Honda Civic Type R purchasing process image

J35W2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'00 supercharged Civic Si (sold), '06 Civic Si (sold) , '14 V6-6MT Accord Coupe (sold), '17 CTR #1637, '18 Civic LX Hatch
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm guessing that the Molten Lava Pearl is an orange color and the Gold Brown Metallic is akin to a sparkly turd.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hondas civics, accords, pilots
I'm not sure why you say its small...

I currently drive a 16' Civic Touring Sedan and I'm 6 foot 2 and 310 pounds and I'm VERY comfortable in my Civic. The only noticeable difference in interior space between the HB and the Sedan is with the HB having a little less leg room in the rear as compared to the Sedan...

Regards,

BA...
I haven't sat in one yet but looking from the outside in, it just looks to me like there isn't too much space. But I'm coming from an accord where I have room to move around in the drivers seat.

BABear70

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I'm guessing that the Molten Lava Pearl is an orange color and the Gold Brown Metallic is akin to a sparkly turd.
Molten Lava Pearl is a new color we have on the 2017' Honda CR-V... Looks pretty good in person...

BA...
Sponsored