Honda Civic Type-R Over sticker dealer naughty list.

unrealdps

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Wonder if Vacaville Honda is still rolling with $25k ADM...
It might even be 30K by now. I don't see any reason for that dealership to set a reasonable price right now. All of these super high ADM places are probably treating it as an auction. Set the price really high, take bids for a few weeks, and then sell to the highest bidder.

If you set your ADM at 2.5K or 5K you miss out on the potential for someone to "bid/offer" higher. Worst case your best bid is at MSRP and you still make money. There is no recurring cost for having the car in transit meaning there is no urgency to pre-sell.
Sponsored

Nemesis724

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type-R Touring, 2013 Infiniti G37 Sedan Sport 6MT, 2007 Honda Civic Si 6MT, 2010 Mitsubishi Lancer Evo X (Sold), 2005 Mitsubishi Lancer Evo VIII (RIP)
Wonder if Vacaville Honda is still rolling with $25k ADM...
That's completely ridiculous :eek:. $34,775 msrp + $25k ADM = $60k before Taxes and fees. I wonder how long will their unit sit and collect dust before it gets sold :rolleyes:.

jzj323

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Honda Civic Si and 2007 Toyota Highlander Limited Hybrid
That's completely ridiculous :eek:. $34,775 msrp + $25k ADM = $60k before Taxes and fees. I wonder how long will their unit sit and collect dust before it gets sold :rolleyes:.
A completely redesigned Type R will come out and they will do the same and then another and then another they'll just have them all sitting lol

TypeRguru

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bmw M4
Maybe not as long as you think. Depends on the actual number of cars available relative to demand. Each dealer only gets one except the larger ones get 5. I wouldn't rule anything out. 2018 may be different but 2017 will be hard to get a car.

TypeRguru

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bmw M4
A completely redesigned Type R will come out and they will do the same and then another and then another they'll just have them all sitting lol
How about we just focus on the one right now- you know the one we've waited for over 10 years to get? And you're already predicting the future? Let's stay in reality if possible.

TypeRMom

First Name
Ciaran
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2013 Mazdaspeed 3, 2011 Mazda3, 1979 Datsun 280zx, 2004 honda civic, 1990 ford f150
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Maybe not as long as you think. Depends on the actual number of cars available relative to demand. Each dealer only gets one except the larger ones get 5. I wouldn't rule anything out. 2018 may be different but 2017 will be hard to get a car.
Do you think that the larger dealerships will get more...because my dealer said that he is getting 3...and I thought that was bullshit. Is it possible he will get 3?

boduh81

First Name
Hogan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Acura RSX Type-S Type R Motor
I guess I'm waiting for the rumored 2018/19 base trim Type R...hopefully the dealerships in my area will be less dickish
The dealers I spoke to in rural oklahoma acted like there wasn't going to even be a base model when I told them for next year. They could care less about learning about their product or they lie to you. 10000 markup

Nemesis724

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type-R Touring, 2013 Infiniti G37 Sedan Sport 6MT, 2007 Honda Civic Si 6MT, 2010 Mitsubishi Lancer Evo X (Sold), 2005 Mitsubishi Lancer Evo VIII (RIP)
LOL :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

So far this is what I heard again at my work today from the sales director. We will do bidding on our first CTR. MSRP + $3k ADM is the starting bid. Anyone can "buy it now" instantly for $10k ADM. I will certainly bid, but only $3k ADM. I know I wont win, someone will walk into that front door with more $$$ and pay top ADM just to win. I'm looking for to buy as long as its below $5k ADM. Anyway, my search continues.... Good luck everyone :)

CJ :cool:

jzj323

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Honda Civic Si and 2007 Toyota Highlander Limited Hybrid
How about we just focus on the one right now- you know the one we've waited for over 10 years to get? And you're already predicting the future? Let's stay in reality if possible.
I mean I was referring to that specific dealer with 25k markup lol but in reality maybe when it gets close to 2018 model to come out they will sell it for MSRP or take maybe a lower offer from someone.

J-Arias

CTR874
First Name
Edwin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cu2Tsx, type r
Country flag
Just got a call from orsmond Honda in Maryland. They have a CW on their lot. Markup is $7995.

Hersons Honda in MD has a blue on the lot. Will be going for "over 40k". No clue what that markup means.

i was told same thing on this 2 dealers. guess what they both were sold at that price..:doh:

Newflyer3

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring

jtrown

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Honda Civic Hybrid, 2010 Accord Crosstour, Rallye Red CTR
Got a call yesterday from Ben Ledet sales manager of Honda of Slidell, Louisiana. He wanted me to contact him about the Type R. Trouble is I know he sold it two days ago. With 10k ADM added on. Truely stupid.
Sponsored