Honda Civic Type-R Over sticker dealer naughty list.

Plombhpa

First Name
Hal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type R, F150
Country flag
UPDATE: Huge thanks to our member @S&R with a list of CA HONDA dealership pricing

Credits to @youCTR for Colorado list.

Honda Civic 10th gen Honda Civic Type-R  Over sticker dealer naughty list. ZkDkiyD
Honda Civic 10th gen Honda Civic Type-R  Over sticker dealer naughty list. AdLgHQA
Honda Civic 10th gen Honda Civic Type-R  Over sticker dealer naughty list. ulW8ZRG

Do we have a list of dealers asking over MSRP right now so people looking can avoid messing with these dealers? Avoid these dealers!

I'll start if we don't already have one:

Greedy dealership should be punished .

Vacaville Honda $25,000 ADM. Someone please bomb this dealership.
751 Orange Drive
Vacaville, CA 95687
www.vacavillehonda.com

No, I'm sorry the vehichle will be in too high of demand and very limited prodcution.
Brice Vazac
Internet Director
Honda Cars of Corona
(951) 520-5321
hondacarsofcorona.com

Avondale,AZ Honda is requesting 2500$ ADM
Scottsdale,AZ Honda is doing 2500$ on the first type R then 5,000$ markup on the other 2 after.
Surprise,AZ Honda NO ADM but mandatory 1500$ dealer add on package, tint zagtech etc. aka dealer mark up.

Rick Case Honda South Florida ADM pending .

Honda Irvine, Honda Valencia 10K OVER.

Honda of Serramonte in Daly City, CA 5 K OVER.

5k over MSRP at Honda of San Marcos, TX

Wild Honda of Waukesha-

• Will have ADM on MSRP, how much over is TBD
    • Expecting 2, not taking deposits.
Honda of Kenosha

• 4K mark up
    • Would not confirm what the extras would be
    • Expecting 2, took deposit on 1st one, haven't decided on how to handle the rest of deposits if taken. Maybe name draw situation.
David Hobbs

• Will have ADM, how much is TBD
    • Expecting 2 (first one expected to arrive June, second November)
    • Deposits on both
Schlossmanns Honda City

• No ADM on MSRP
    • All 3 in coming CTRs have deposits on them, plus waitlist of 6+ for future deliveries
Russ Darrow Honda

• TBD on price
    • One coming in June
    • Not taking deposits, first come first serve.

Colorado : Credits to @youCTR

AutoNation Honda 104
  • No deposits
    • First come, first served
    • 3~4 people waitlist
  • MSRP
    • No ADM
    • No dealer-added/showroom options
  • $599 dealership fee
Fisher Honda
  • 1st example sold to owner
Freedom Honda
  • No deposits
    • Unknown waitlist
      • Associate on phone said list was "deep"
  • MSRP + unknown ADM + unknown dealer-added/showroom options
    • Associate on phone "slipped" $2,500 but quickly recanted when asked to clarify
      • 2 possible scenarios:
        • $2,500 = unknown ADM + unknown dealer-added/showroom options
        • $2,500 ADM + unknown dealer-added/showroom options
  • Failed to ask about dealership fee
Frontier Honda
  • 1st example spoken for to <undisclosed>
Honda of Greeley
  • No deposits
    • 10+ people waitlist
  • Unknown prices
    • Dealership holding onto 1st example for 1~2 weeks to see Colorado market reaction, then will adjust price accordingly
  • Failed to ask about dealer-added/showroom options
Kuni Honda
  • No deposits
    • Unknown waitlist
  • MSRP + unknown dealer-added/showroom options
    • No ADM
Markley Honda
  • Dealership will not sell to customers located outside of Northern Colorado
Mike Maroone Honda
  • $1,000 NON-refundable deposit
    • 2 people w/ deposits
  • MSRP
    • No ADM
  • $499 dealership fee
Mile High Honda
  • $1,000 refundable deposit
    • 4~5 people w/ deposits
  • MSRP + ~$1,500 dealer-added/showroom options
    • No ADM
  • $599 dealership fee
Planet Honda
  • $500 refundable deposit
    • 3 people w/ deposits
  • MSRP
    • No ADM (maybe)
  • No dealership fee
Schomp Honda
  • $500 NON-refundable deposit
    • 4 people w/ deposits
  • MSRP
    • No ADM
  • No dealership fee

I thought that Honda dictated that the cars would not be sold above MSRP.

SalemTypeR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Own: ‘17 PMM CTR, 2013 White Honda Civic EX
Country flag
This thread is just too quite so I thought I would wake it up again. Just called every dealer in Oregon today. All of them go right to the naughty list so don't waste your time here if your not willing to pay above msrp. I got a few idk but we all know what that means $$$$:what: It comes down to how much adm do you want to pay? The nice part about Oregon NO SALES TAX. So I say that's a big bonus right there. The naughtiest of them all is a Portland dealer 15k adm:rofl: Where do I sign? Another was "it's yours w/$5k down & 10k adm" ? Another guys comment which I think was the dealerships motto "Panic, Deny, Walk Away" Only three told me their color the rest I didn't bother. You'll like this, one guy said 5k adm plus a carbon fiber kit accessory charge???? What the hay:dunno: I got mine at the lowest adm in Oregon so I'm jazzed and ready to lock & load that turbo. Now pleeeeease Honda the msrp for G sake.

GSquared

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type-R (SGP), 2017 Civic Type-R (PMM - SOLD), 2015 Civic Si (Sold), 2013 Si Turbo (Sold)
Country flag
This thread is just too quite so I thought I would wake it up again. Just called every dealer in Oregon today. All of them go right to the naughty list so don't waste your time here if your not willing to pay above msrp. I got a few idk but we all know what that means $$$$:what: It comes down to how much adm do you want to pay? The nice part about Oregon NO SALES TAX. So I say that's a big bonus right there. The naughtiest of them all is a Portland dealer 15k adm:rofl: Where do I sign? Another was "it's yours w/$5k down & 10k adm" ? Another guys comment which I think was the dealerships motto "Panic, Deny, Walk Away" Only three told me their color the rest I didn't bother. You'll like this, one guy said 5k adm plus a carbon fiber kit accessory charge???? What the hay:dunno: I got mine at the lowest adm in Oregon so I'm jazzed and ready to lock & load that turbo. Now pleeeeease Honda the msrp for G sake.
I wonder if that means the carbon kit will be an available dealer option. Granted Honda hasn't mentioned anything about it, but that's the first I've heard a US dealer mention it.

aiyaconcho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
The three Honda dealerships in the greater Orlando area will have ADM of about $10,000 because "someone will pay for it". According to the rep, it looks like early July for any dealership in Florida and possibly Georgia to get a CTR. Gifting them double middle fingers seems appropriate.

vader2k

Darkside rider & Senior member
First Name
Alonzo-Ignacio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic Type R. #433 (EPB). 07 Civic LX (TW)
Country flag
I wonder if that means the carbon kit will be an available dealer option. Granted Honda hasn't mentioned anything about it, but that's the first I've heard a US dealer mention it.
. Yes, I noticed that as well. Interesting bit of info regarding carbon kit. As you alluded too, it was originally mentioned in Inside Line video, re: that kit available in Europe. Hmmm got me thinking about it now. I hope it's true.

OldPirate

Old Pirate
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus ST, Hyundia something like that....
The three Honda dealerships in the greater Orlando area will have ADM of about $10,000 because "someone will pay for it". According to the rep, it looks like early July for any dealership in Florida and possibly Georgia to get a CTR. Gifting them double middle fingers seems appropriate.
These's are alot of people with deep pockets in Florida that will pay for them. That's one of the main reasons I going to wait a few years and hopefully all these people will move on to another car and those blood sucking dealers don't get those prices that their getting now.

Type-JZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 Lexus GS350, B13 Sentra SE-R, '93 Camry, '07 TSX, '13 Odyssey
Country flag
These's are alot of people with deep pockets in Florida that will pay for them. That's one of the main reasons I going to wait a few years and hopefully all these people will move on to another car and those blood sucking dealers don't get those prices that their getting now.
Here's my logic and something i've been thinking about. So one of the main question is should we get it now or wait? I mean, we just don't know the future, or at least most of us don't. ha!
So.....
- historically, I'm assuming the only R that was released in the US, ITR, was just as hard to get or limited. Even though I couldn't fathom getting one at the time or experienced how it was at the dealer, it was rare for me to see one in person. I finally saw a Phoenix Gold one and sat in it in 1998. So perhaps, someone w/ experience could describe how it was like. Was there a waiting list? Did you just walk into a random Honda/Acura dealer and get one? Was it at MSRP? I'm assuming it's similar to how it is now or at least as much buzz as it could get in the 90s
- Common sense, Honda has a choice of continuing the R line in US or canceling it like any car. From the looks of it, Honda will continue. Guaranteed for MY18. Future models will always improve. The people that couldn't get this years, they will get the next years as assumed. Depending on the improvements or changes, people will act accordingly. What if Honda decides to put a screaming 9k redline 300+HP 2.5 Liter NA motor in there. What if Honda made the aerodynamics or looks more subtle? So you think people will want that one more? People that got this years, may want to upgrade to future models, so I think the demand will be about the same if we wait. You may also assume how it would be like getting a used CTR if there's an opportunity.
- So let's say we wait some more. Well, Honda could discontinue and reassess and reissue in 2-3 years where you could get one then. But, demand will be about the same if that happens since there's now a new wave of people that didn't have money 2-3 years ago, but have now..etc.

So my point is, get it now or get it however you can ASAP. I'm trying.... and waiting in line...

SalemTypeR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Own: ‘17 PMM CTR, 2013 White Honda Civic EX
Country flag
Here's my logic and something i've been thinking about. So one of the main question is should we get it now or wait? I mean, we just don't know the future, or at least most of us don't. ha!
So.....
- historically, I'm assuming the only R that was released in the US, ITR, was just as hard to get or limited. Even though I couldn't fathom getting one at the time or experienced how it was at the dealer, it was rare for me to see one in person. I finally saw a Phoenix Gold one and sat in it in 1998. So perhaps, someone w/ experience could describe how it was like. Was there a waiting list? Did you just walk into a random Honda/Acura dealer and get one? Was it at MSRP? I'm assuming it's similar to how it is now or at least as much buzz as it could get in the 90s
- Common sense, Honda has a choice of continuing the R line in US or canceling it like any car. From the looks of it, Honda will continue. Guaranteed for MY18. Future models will always improve. The people that couldn't get this years, they will get the next years as assumed. Depending on the improvements or changes, people will act accordingly. What if Honda decides to put a screaming 9k redline 300+HP 2.5 Liter NA motor in there. What if Honda made the aerodynamics or looks more subtle? So you think people will want that one more? People that got this years, may want to upgrade to future models, so I think the demand will be about the same if we wait. You may also assume how it would be like getting a used CTR if there's an opportunity.
- So let's say we wait some more. Well, Honda could discontinue and reassess and reissue in 2-3 years where you could get one then. But, demand will be about the same if that happens since there's now a new wave of people that didn't have money 2-3 years ago, but have now..etc.

So my point is, get it now or get it however you can ASAP. I'm trying.... and waiting in line...
An ITR w/54k miles just went for 34k recently? great questions I was wondering the same stuff?

Vaders CTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 CLA 45 AMG & '22 Ariel Atom 4
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
An ITR w/54k miles just went for 34k recently? great questions I was wondering the same stuff?
Car & Driver June of 2017 had an article, "Destiny's Dozen" page 22. It is "identifying the next generation of collector cars." 1997-2001 Acura Integra Type R $20,000-$45,000. Brief write about it. Good to read. With the arrival of the CTR, these will be in higher demand and the prices will likely go up.

Off topic, but following up about the carbon fiber mirror covers and rear wing. My dealer mentioned that those would be available to the US. They were expecting to receive some accessories/promotional items specifically for the CTR, just before or around the same time the CTR arrives. ETA is 5/31 supposedly.

RODSCIVIC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Acura MDX 2016 Focus ST 2018 Si Sedan
Country flag
Thats exactly these dealers mentality "limited edition", "collectors car", "this is the last year" "10k ADM is the standard". I can tell you in SoCal the last year of the ITR each Acura dealer had 1-3 in stock collecting dust and there were no markups or any of that nonsense.

If you dont get this CTR now and Honda decides not to make anymore..... guess what?

The Ek TypeR will be hitting 25 year status in roughly 5 years, import one from Japan and have a true collectors car. There will also be used one on lots, it's going to happen and while the selling price might be higher than usual you wont pay ADM.

jtrown

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Honda Civic Hybrid, 2010 Accord Crosstour, Rallye Red CTR
So.....

Great points but for some of us the chances of actually getting the car seems to be floating out to sea. With the demand for the car and the possibility of dealers trying to hook customers for an extra 10k. I think a ton of good people will be forced out of the market and may have to wait until 2018 if we're lucky.

Honda isn't helping the consumer at all and is responsible for a lot of sales due to hype. One has to wonder why the hell are they hiding the MSRP from the public unless it's allow dealers to inflate the prices.

Type-JZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 Lexus GS350, B13 Sentra SE-R, '93 Camry, '07 TSX, '13 Odyssey
Country flag
@Trey started a new thread. Funny thing is, my cousin just sold his ITR for 33k in chicago. There's companies out there looking for stuff like this. I'll continue the reply on there.

Banshee

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche GT3, 07 Civic Si, 17 Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
What if Honda made the aerodynamics or looks more subtle? So you think people will want that one more?
Would I think people would any it more? I will say undoubtedly YES.
The looks turned a lot of people off. The big fake vents in the front and rear and sharp angles mostly. Some dont like the wing(I don't like the fake vents, but I like the sharp li es and wing, at least for this car). Maybe if it was real carbon fiber, some might not like that, however, this is because of the high price to replace it? The big 20" wheels are sore spot for some, seemingly 18-19 is the sweet spot. But it migbt need the big 20" wheels for the suspensiob and 350mm brakes. Maybe because the body is lo ger than an 8th GEN SI? But if the design was more subtle, it would be more of a hot seller, this harder to get.
My .05 (inflation)
Sponsored