Honda Civic Type-R Over sticker dealer naughty list.

GSquared

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type-R (SGP), 2017 Civic Type-R (PMM - SOLD), 2015 Civic Si (Sold), 2013 Si Turbo (Sold)
Country flag
Assumptions are the smaller dealers got theirs first so they are out of the way then on to the bigger dealers. Only Honda knows.
Also we are pretty close to the port if they start shipping the ones already here first by the time ours arrive, they may get to dealers across the country around the same time?

xpimpindistressx

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Tacoma Offroad
Country flag
Also we are pretty close to the port if they start shipping the ones already here first by the time ours arrive, they may get to dealers across the country around the same time?
This would be a smarter way to play it

petem

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Soon to be FK8.
Driving me nuts over here.
You've got a lot of company!
:crazy:

Never mind, hopefully in a month or two you'll be driving around in your new CTR and all this will be forgotten. And at that point I'll probably still be waiting for mine because it could be as late as September before it arrives.
:coffee:

CivicTypeRMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
E350/Soon to be Type R
Country flag
You've got a lot of company!
:crazy:

Never mind, hopefully in a month or two you'll be driving around in your new CTR and all this will be forgotten. And at that point I'll probably still be waiting for mine because it could be as late as September before it arrives.
:coffee:
Wow, Where do you live? Nevermind. UK. I'm going to post a video of going to buy it and driving it home IF the dealership gets it...

dabx5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Sport Touring
I can tell you that I wouldn't pay more than MSRP. The Dealers are already making $$ on MSRP and even though it is a sort after vehicle paying higher than MSRP doesn't always translate to higher than MSRP resale value.. just look at the recent Dodge Challenger/Charger mess.. people paid 10K-20K++ for one of the first run but now there are having trouble moving the range.....

Dream Car for some I admit and those may be willing to pay more than MSRP along with true collectors who are just going to store it.!....but really, remember its a 5 door hatch back....not a 1970 Chevelle SS Restomod.....

Good luck to all but we shouldn't get caught up in the jacked up hype which will only hurt some of our pockets to the tune of 10K-25K above MSRP if we are prepared to do that..I'm not..

CivicTypeRMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
E350/Soon to be Type R
Country flag
I can tell you that I wouldn't pay more than MSRP. The Dealers are already making $$ on MSRP and even though it is a sort after vehicle paying higher than MSRP doesn't always translate to higher than MSRP resale value.. just look at the recent Dodge Challenger/Charger mess.. people paid 10K-20K++ for one of the first run but now there are having trouble moving the range.....

Dream Car for some I admit and those may be willing to pay more than MSRP along with true collectors who are just going to store it.!....but really, remember its a 5 door hatch back....not a 1970 Chevelle SS Restomod.....

Good luck to all but we shouldn't get caught up in the jacked up hype which will only hurt some of our pockets to the tune of 10K-25K above MSRP if we are prepared to do that..I'm not..
When I get mine, I'm going to put that on CivicX to protect the Type R market from overspenders. I know people will probably still do it, but I want to do my part so the 11th gen CTR won't be 50K!

asiandeity

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Honda Civic SI, 2017 Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Add Freeman Honda, Dallas, TX to the list. Called them and was told they would sell it to me at MSRP. Got there and had the salesman write on a piece of paper with those terms along with no added accessories and a refundable deposit. I signed the piece of paper, and he took it to his boss to sign. When he came back, he said sorry and that they were going to auction it off. The salesman was really nice. Nothing against him though.