Honda Civic Type-R Over sticker dealer naughty list.

Banshee

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche GT3, 07 Civic Si, 17 Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Talk about overpaying. It is only worth what someone is willing to pay....
Got this from CarScoops:(only posted this for the relevancy over this stoooooopid ADM)
Since it was launched in the US last summer, Ford has sold over 3,500 units of the new Focus RS

This means that 500 vehicles found new homes each month, and doing a little math reveals that about 16 were sold each day on average.

California remains the largest Ford Focus RS consumer, with 627 sold to date, followed by Michigan, Texas, Florida and Pennsylvania, in this order, with 256, 244, 230 and 192 units delivered, respectively.

Ford says that the average transaction price for the potent compact hatch in the US is $42,351, which means more than $6,000 above its base price. This has been 'blamed' on the RS2 package, which became a 'must' on this side of the pond, chosen by more than 62 percent of buyers so far.
Sponsored

OP
OP
erbee

erbee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Nissan Altima, 2004 BMW M3
Country flag
Wow, in both of these cases, as well as others cited here, if the dealerships are this arrogant I would just walk AND never go back to buy any other car from them - ever! :mad:

I had a local Ford dealership try this on me when I was looking for a Shelby. In the end, they lost out as I, or any of my family, will ever buy a vehicle from them for life. I found a much better deal in the end, elsewhere. ;)

All of us should do this. I rather book an one way flight and break-in the car on the way back then donate to greedy dealers . I did this to my E46 M3. 1300 miles back. Right on time for the first free oil and diff fluid change.

OP
OP
erbee

erbee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Talk about overpaying. It is only worth what someone is willing to pay....
Got this from CarScoops:(only posted this for the relevancy over this stoooooopid ADM)
Since it was launched in the US last summer, Ford has sold over 3,500 units of the new Focus RS

This means that 500 vehicles found new homes each month, and doing a little math reveals that about 16 were sold each day on average.

California remains the largest Ford Focus RS consumer, with 627 sold to date, followed by Michigan, Texas, Florida and Pennsylvania, in this order, with 256, 244, 230 and 192 units delivered, respectively.

Ford says that the average transaction price for the potent compact hatch in the US is $42,351, which means more than $6,000 above its base price. This has been 'blamed' on the RS2 package, which became a 'must' on this side of the pond, chosen by more than 62 percent of buyers so far.

Well. They are an idiot. I flip used cars and have auto broker license . If I don't want any hold back it's gonna be 1k off msrp. The lowest I know was a 3k off but that's someone who know the Ford GM.

One quick advise , if you are lazy to find one yourself . Get an broker to do it. Market average is a $300 fee. Hold-backs are depends on wholesale price.

RODSCIVIC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Acura MDX 2016 Focus ST 2018 Si Sedan
Country flag
DCH Honda Temecula says they have a long list of buyers $10k ADM.

Someone will pay it for sure.

OP
OP
erbee

erbee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
i found a CA dealer at MSRP. im doubtful, but they say im #1 on the list. ill believe it when i drive off the lot with my CTR
Do you have it in writing ?

Froggie3kb

HondaProKevin.com
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.HondaProKevin.com
Vehicle(s)
CTR, S2000, RSX-S, Accord, CR-V
Country flag
Here's just a few of the dealers in the southeast TN / GA area I've contacted that would actually discuss pricing in regards to how much if any that they will be over MSRP on the 2017 Civic Type R and if they will 'require' any add-on packages etc too...

● Gwinnett Place Honda | Duluth, GA
They will be over MSRP plus required "add-on" packages.

● Ed Voyles Honda | Marietta, GA
They will be $5,000 over MSRP plus $598 doc fee.

● Honda Mall of Georgia | Burford, GA
They wouldn't discuss how much if any over MSRP but said $1,000 in "add-on" packages will be required.

There's almost about 10 dealers I'm still waiting to hear back from and I'll update at that time with those that wouldn't discuss how they'll be pricing them until they have more information.

This whole ordeal has reminded me why I despise dealing with the majority of car dealers thanks to all of the gimmicks and games and that's coming from a guy that runs a dealership haha granted it's a motorcycle dealer but still. I say it blows my mind but it really shouldn't surprise me as I hear the same horror stories daily from customers that are shopping around and are dumbfounded when they stumble across me and realize there are still a few good apples left out there when it comes to dealers. Sorry for the novel of a post, when I get to rambling it's hard to stop and my blood has been boiling ever since I started trying to get my hands on one after Geneva.

bobindy

Bobindy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Civic Si 4 door
Country flag
That's the crazy part. Everyone wants to be first, some want to buy it to sell for profit later on. Then you have the true enthusiast that fears it'll only be a one to two year run. Unfortunately, those of us in the middle class get taken out of the mix once MSRP +$10K markup start happening. This happened and is happening with the Focus RS, some sold for close to $50K. I expect the TypeR to sell for close to $60K, why? There are those who have become well off since the early 90's that always dreamed of owning one and will drop top dollar for one.

Those of us in Cali are screwed.
I doubt any of these will sell for 60k. For comparison, I was 2nd in line for an RS in its first year. The price was MSRP. I passed because Honda announced the TypeR coming to the states and I decided to wait.

Last edited:

HondaPro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 EXT Civic & 2017 Civic ExT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
All my local Honda dealers quoted me "msrp" except Voss Honda in Dayton Ohio. They said 5k over msrp.

OP
OP
erbee

erbee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
All my local Honda dealers quoted me "msrp" except Voss Honda in Dayton Ohio. They said 5k over msrp.
I guess if you tell them you are in the car business as well they'll stop the BS right away.

Worked for Focus RS. 1K off.

jdmk20akid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 Civic w/ B18c5, 2016 Honda Accord EX w/ Honda Sensing
Country flag
Did you buy it? Because your profile says 1999 Nissan Altima, and BMW M3.

OP
OP
erbee

erbee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Did you buy it? Because your profile says 1999 Nissan Altima, and BMW M3.

These two are the one I own. The RS was a buying service for a fee. I can't really say i own all the cars i sold right? Did I mention I flip cars?

jdmk20akid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 Civic w/ B18c5, 2016 Honda Accord EX w/ Honda Sensing
Country flag
These two are the one I own. The RS was a buying service for a fee. I can't really say i own all the cars i sold right? Did I mention I flip cars?
I'm still having a hard time believing that all you had to do to get a bigger discount than most was to just say "I'm in the car business too". Not that it really matters I suppose, I'm just not believing that lol.
Sponsored