Honda Civic Type-R Over sticker dealer naughty list.

vader2k

Darkside rider & Senior member
First Name
Alonzo-Ignacio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic Type R. #433 (EPB). 07 Civic LX (TW)
Country flag
Town & Country Honda of Gladstone Oregon. They are looking for 15k over MSRP. This sales person has known that I have been interested in a Type R for over a year now.[/QUOTE]
Pretty sad story, sorry to hear. Good luck on finding a Type R.
Sponsored

OldPirate

Old Pirate
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus ST, Hyundia something like that....
My first post!

To shed some light for those talking about ADM. I understand it sucks, especially for enthusiasts like ourselves. I have a family member who owns a Honda dealership in Central Ohio and I asked for details about the CTRs. Honda gave the dealers some information about the cars in early April at their Honda meeting, but nothing about pricing other than low to mid 30's. Keep in mind, I would imagine most dealers will shower the CTR's with dealer installed options by Honda. That is up to each individual dealer.

In short, the 2017 CTR will have a total production of 3,000. Every dealer will (supposed to) get 1 car. However, the larger volume dealers will get up to 5. The dealers cannot specify which color. They get what they get in regards to color. The production for the 2018's is supposed to be higher. Someone posted in this long thread about not supposed to have ADM, that is true. Keep in mind, with the recent release of the NSX, many dealers wanted huge ADM's and some of those dealers still have the cars. Some Honda/Acura dealers might have learned their lesson. Hopefully.

I am excited to get a Championship White CTR! If it is a '17 or '18, doesn't matter to me. Just CW. Looking forward to track events and doing some autocrossing with my CTR.
Welcome and thank you on your input on the so pricing too. CW all the way!

vader2k

Darkside rider & Senior member
First Name
Alonzo-Ignacio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic Type R. #433 (EPB). 07 Civic LX (TW)
Country flag
I have another one. Sadly this comes from the dealership that I have been very loyal to and gave them tones of good word of mouth. Get all my service done there, ect.. Town & Country Honda of Gladstone Oregon. They are looking for 15k over MSRP. This sales person has known that I have been interested in a Type R for over a year now.
Pretty sad story, sorry to hear. Good luck finding your future CTR.

S&R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Itr
Ok I'll build the list, can't let my fellow enthusiasts down:beer:
Just to provide an update, I currently have 32 California dealers on my list....I feel I'm maybe one fifth complete so it's going to take me atleast a week to complete this...also please remember that this is all here say from sales managers who are partially guessing their numbers...anyway some data is better than no data.
Ok so I've decided to call every dealership in Ca to get info on #1. Dealer location #2. Sale contact #3. Mark up amount #4. Color #5. Volume of cars #6. Volume of client list.
I will put everything on excel and share when complete. This may take a few days-hopefully...

OP
OP
erbee

erbee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Nissan Altima, 2004 BMW M3
Country flag
Just to provide an update, I currently have 32 California dealers on my list....I feel I'm maybe one fifth complete so it's going to take me atleast a week to complete this...also please remember that this is all here say from sales managers who are partially guessing their numbers...anyway some data is better than no data.

Counting on you sir!

RODSCIVIC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Acura MDX 2016 Focus ST 2018 Si Sedan
Country flag
I'm going to put this right here for all of you considering paying ADM or fearing that you won't be able to get a Type R. The rumors when the RS came out was, "only 2-3000 total", "we are only getting 2". Don't fall for it! People were paying $15K ADM just to be the first at cars and coffee.

http://www.sunrisefordfontana.com/i...ering=display_price-asc&condition=new&trim=rs

These dealers still haven't learned their lesson.

HondaPro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 EXT Civic & 2017 Civic ExT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
It should be easier to find and buy a TypeR in 2019-2020. But it also is hard to predict how many BMW, Mercedes and Lexus buyers they will pull. Those customers are use to paying 35-50k and not blinking an eye. Think about it. How many rich kids exist in the USA? Well its A lot more than 3000. Lol How many Mustang, Camaro and Wrx STI buyers will it pull? Then how many old TypeR Integra owners that are in line to buy them right now? It's going to be bigger than we could have imagined.

HondaFan2017

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 PMM CTR (ex BMW 420d GC)
Country flag
Playing the D's advocate here. Those high-end brands owners are looking for RWD/AWD and massive amounts of power/torque. They want also some particular options/trims/configurations. Plus better after-sale services(at least here in EU).
I would rather see some Mustang, Camaro, Sti buyers jump over to FK8R. But again they are more looking for powerful GT cruisers than track oriented.
For some reason here in Europe it did not happen for FK2R . I see more A45 AMG, C AMG, Golf GTI, Golf R, Audi RS2,RS3, S2, S3, even Mustangs. But maybe in USA Honda has a greater appeal.
Don't take it wrong but should I be a rich kid(person) I'd go for more established/expensive names. I'm being honest.

Last edited:

NorthernEX-T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Try and get more video phone calls guys, those rock, really drives home why we should be patient and not get sucked into the slimey attitudes that some of these dealers have!

OldPirate

Old Pirate
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus ST, Hyundia something like that....
It should be easier to find and buy a TypeR in 2019-2020. But it also is hard to predict how many BMW, Mercedes and Lexus buyers they will pull. Those customers are use to paying 35-50k and not blinking an eye. Think about it. How many rich kids exist in the USA? Well its A lot more than 3000. Lol How many Mustang, Camaro and Wrx STI buyers will it pull? Then how many old TypeR Integra owners that are in line to buy them right now? It's going to be bigger than we could have imagined.
That's the year's I'm buying one.

P.S..........I still need a Type R Jacket......:rolleyes:

Evolution999

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
For me: 2014 Evo X MR, 2014 Nissan 370Z Nimso, For the mrs: 2015 BMW M3 Sedan
Country flag
Not sure if my my dealer was naughty or if I was naughty lol but I'm a proud new owner (to be) of a civic type R!
We agreed on $50,000 out the door. I gave them a $10,000 check as a deposit that they'll give me back when the car comes in.

My first Honda so not sure what to expect but I've always regretted not getting an S2000 so I told the wife I'm not missing out this time and got it done!
She wasnt happy because she thinks Honda's are cheap cars but I talked her into it!
How did I do? They said they don't know the exact MSRP but think it'll be around 40,000 and they'll adjust it to make it exactly 50,000 out the door for me so I think I did good considering!

Only thing I'm a little disappointed about is they dont know what color its going to be or what options it's going to have so I guess I'll find out when they deliver it to me.
I really hope it's not white because we get crazy ladybugs in the summer here. Guess I'll find out soon enough woot!
Glad to be part of the community now, congrats to all of you also that are getting one!

Trey

R-00621
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR #00621
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Not sure if my my dealer was naughty or if I was naughty lol but I'm a proud new owner (to be) of a civic type R!
We agreed on $50,000 out the door. I gave them a $10,000 check as a deposit that they'll give me back when the car comes in.

My first Honda so not sure what to expect but I've always regretted not getting an S2000 so I told the wife I'm not missing out this time and got it done!
She wasnt happy because she thinks Honda's are cheap cars but I talked her into it!
How did I do? They said they don't know the exact MSRP but think it'll be around 40,000 and they'll adjust it to make it exactly 50,000 out the door for me so I think I did good considering!

Only thing I'm a little disappointed about is they dont know what color its going to be or what options it's going to have so I guess I'll find out when they deliver it to me.
I really hope it's not white because we get crazy ladybugs in the summer here. Guess I'll find out soon enough woot!
Glad to be part of the community now, congrats to all of you also that are getting one!
:crazy:

UFO CTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR#1348
Country flag

:crazy::crazy:

RODSCIVIC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Acura MDX 2016 Focus ST 2018 Si Sedan
Country flag

hahahahaha..... nice trolling...

TypeRguru

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bmw M4

Wow! Hate to say it but $50K is way too much money for a Honda anything. Based on all info we have it will be around $35K so even if your sales tax was 8% you'd be around $38K all in so the dealer would make $12K extra. But if you really want it I say go for it!
Sponsored