Honda Civic Type-R Over sticker dealer naughty list.

erbee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Nissan Altima, 2004 BMW M3
Country flag
We have a "STAR" dealership in Houston area : Big Star Honda

Big Star Honda in Houston to the list. Told me yesterday, the selling price is $34,775 with no adds for a CW. Today, they provided me with the out the door price below. The salesman said the flood changed everything in Houston and that the price came straight from the GM.

Honda Civic 10th gen Honda Civic Type-R  Over sticker dealer naughty list. big-star-

Credit : @asiandeity

Nicely done Big star Honda. Using a disaster to make extra profit.

UPDATE: Huge thanks to our member @S&R with a list of CA HONDA dealership pricing

Credits to @youCTR for Colorado list.

Honda Civic 10th gen Honda Civic Type-R  Over sticker dealer naughty list. ZkDkiyD
Honda Civic 10th gen Honda Civic Type-R  Over sticker dealer naughty list. AdLgHQA
Honda Civic 10th gen Honda Civic Type-R  Over sticker dealer naughty list. ulW8ZRG

Do we have a list of dealers asking over MSRP right now so people looking can avoid messing with these dealers? Avoid these dealers!

I'll start if we don't already have one:

Greedy dealership should be punished .

Diamond Honda in City of Industry Mark up Si with 10K. Maybe 100K for TYPE -R

Vacaville Honda $25,000 ADM. Someone please bomb this dealership.
751 Orange Drive
Vacaville, CA 95687
www.vacavillehonda.com

No, I'm sorry the vehichle will be in too high of demand and very limited prodcution.
Brice Vazac
Internet Director
Honda Cars of Corona
(951) 520-5321
hondacarsofcorona.com

Buena park Honda $20,000 ADM.

Avondale,AZ Honda is requesting 2500$ ADM
Scottsdale,AZ Honda is doing 2500$ on the first type R then 5,000$ markup on the other 2 after.
Surprise,AZ Honda NO ADM but mandatory 1500$ dealer add on package, tint zagtech etc. aka dealer mark up.

Rick Case Honda South Florida ADM pending .

Honda Irvine, Honda Valencia 10K OVER.

Honda of Serramonte in Daly City, CA 5 K OVER.

5k over MSRP at Honda of San Marcos, TX

Wild Honda of Waukesha-

• Will have ADM on MSRP, how much over is TBD
    • Expecting 2, not taking deposits.
Honda of Kenosha

• 4K mark up
    • Would not confirm what the extras would be
    • Expecting 2, took deposit on 1st one, haven't decided on how to handle the rest of deposits if taken. Maybe name draw situation.
David Hobbs

• Will have ADM, how much is TBD
    • Expecting 2 (first one expected to arrive June, second November)
    • Deposits on both
Schlossmanns Honda City

• No ADM on MSRP
    • All 3 in coming CTRs have deposits on them, plus waitlist of 6+ for future deliveries
Russ Darrow Honda

• TBD on price
    • One coming in June
    • Not taking deposits, first come first serve.

Colorado : Credits to @youCTR

AutoNation Honda 104
  • No deposits
    • First come, first served
    • 3~4 people waitlist
  • MSRP
    • No ADM
    • No dealer-added/showroom options
  • $599 dealership fee
Fisher Honda
  • 1st example sold to owner
Freedom Honda
  • No deposits
    • Unknown waitlist
      • Associate on phone said list was "deep"
  • MSRP + unknown ADM + unknown dealer-added/showroom options
    • Associate on phone "slipped" $2,500 but quickly recanted when asked to clarify
      • 2 possible scenarios:
        • $2,500 = unknown ADM + unknown dealer-added/showroom options
        • $2,500 ADM + unknown dealer-added/showroom options
  • Failed to ask about dealership fee
Frontier Honda
  • 1st example spoken for to <undisclosed>
Honda of Greeley
  • No deposits
    • 10+ people waitlist
  • Unknown prices
    • Dealership holding onto 1st example for 1~2 weeks to see Colorado market reaction, then will adjust price accordingly
  • Failed to ask about dealer-added/showroom options
Kuni Honda
  • No deposits
    • Unknown waitlist
  • MSRP + unknown dealer-added/showroom options
    • No ADM
Markley Honda
  • Dealership will not sell to customers located outside of Northern Colorado
Mike Maroone Honda
  • $1,000 NON-refundable deposit
    • 2 people w/ deposits
  • MSRP
    • No ADM
  • $499 dealership fee
Mile High Honda
  • $1,000 refundable deposit
    • 4~5 people w/ deposits
  • MSRP + ~$1,500 dealer-added/showroom options
    • No ADM
  • $599 dealership fee
Planet Honda
  • $500 refundable deposit
    • 3 people w/ deposits
  • MSRP
    • No ADM (maybe)
  • No dealership fee
Schomp Honda
  • $500 NON-refundable deposit
    • 4 people w/ deposits
  • MSRP
    • No ADM
  • No dealership fee

Please note that 99% of not sure mark-up dealers are the highest mark-up dealers.

Last edited:

Civics4Ever

Rally Red EXT
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Civic Sedan LX, 17 Civic Coupe Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
That's BS. I might be willing to pay a little over MSRP but 10k is highway robbery. If they do that, just go buy a Subaru or whatever.

ZdH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ACURA TSX Superchrged, 2010 Honda Accord, 1999 Honda Accord
Country flag
Avondale,AZ Honda is requesting 2500$ ADM
Scottsdale,AZ Honda is doing 2500$ on the first type R then 5,000$ markup on the other 2 after.
Surprise,AZ Honda NO ADM but mandatory 1500$ dealer add on package, tint zagtech etc. aka dealer mark up.

starbai

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S2000, Prelude
jeez. well at least they 'try' to add value. and dont expect you to just fork it over and bend over.

M1K3_V

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civicc Si; 2016 Harley Davidson 48
Country flag
Add Rick Case Honda here in South Florida. I've spoken to the General Sales Manager twice, and he said they plan to add a mark up on top of the mark up. I told him, you guys are going to shoot yourselves in the foot by doing that, he just laughed at me and said there will be ppl that will pay it since it's the first CTR in the US, and he's probably right too. They are the largest volume moving Honda dealer here in South Florida so they'll probably get 2-3 CTR's for the year. I can holy hope that once the hype is over I'll be able to find one.

GSquared

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type-R (SGP), 2017 Civic Type-R (PMM - SOLD), 2015 Civic Si (Sold), 2013 Si Turbo (Sold)
Country flag
Add Rick Case Honda here in South Florida. I've spoken to the General Sales Manager twice, and he said they plan to add a mark up on top of the mark up. I told him, you guys are going to shoot yourselves in the foot by doing that, he just laughed at me and said there will be ppl that will pay it since it's the first CTR in the US, and he's probably right too. They are the largest volume moving Honda dealer here in South Florida so they'll probably get 2-3 CTR's for the year. I can holy hope that once the hype is over I'll be able to find one.
Everyone I have ever dealt with at that dealer has been absolutely awful (this is going years back even). If they had a CTR at MSRP I would rather drive out of state to get it instead of getting it from them. Completely trashy people there.

Also, yes they are definitely on this list for markups. Along with probably every other South Florida dealer... :(

M1K3_V

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civicc Si; 2016 Harley Davidson 48
Country flag
Everyone I have ever dealt with at that dealer has been absolutely awful (this is going years back even). If they had a CTR at MSRP I would rather drive out of state to get it instead of getting it from them. Completely trashy people there.

Also, yes they are definitely on this list for markups. Along with probably every other South Florida dealer... :(

I completely agree with you 10,000,000%. Which is why I'm probably gonna buy my CTR from a dealer in the South New Jersey/Philadelphia area where my parents live.

Anyone from that area know of good reputable dealers that arent out to screw their buyers?

jdmk20akid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 Civic w/ B18c5, 2016 Honda Accord EX w/ Honda Sensing
Country flag
I'm in sales in Columbia, SC. And I can tell you right now that out of the Southeast market in US ATL, and (most) dealerships in FL are awful from what I've heard. Luckily I'm at a family owned dealership that doesn't agree with charging customers anything over MSRP. I'd tell you I will be more than happy to sell them exclusively to fellow enthusiast on these forums (that way I know these are going to good homes :thumbsup:), but I wouldn't want to promise that without knowing anything about the availability of these things.

Even with me being is sales I will tell you right now that charging over MSRP is just wrong. I've wanted one of these things before I could even drive when I was 14. I hate that we true enthusiast get penalized from dealerships for having a genuine passion about these cars. I wish everyone the best in getting their hands on one!

I'll post updates on availability when they start heading this way if you guys want. Just let me know. I think it would be cool to meet fellow CTR owners and help fight these ridiculous ADMs (additional dealer markups). I can even post other dealerships that I hear about in the South East that won't charge over MSRP as I hear about them.

Cheers! :beer:

GSquared

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type-R (SGP), 2017 Civic Type-R (PMM - SOLD), 2015 Civic Si (Sold), 2013 Si Turbo (Sold)
Country flag
I'm in sales in Columbia, SC. And I can tell you right now that out of the Southeast market in US ATL, and (most) dealerships in FL are awful from what I've heard. Luckily I'm at a family owned dealership that doesn't agree with charging customers anything over MSRP. I'd tell you I will be more than happy to sell them exclusively to fellow enthusiast on these forums (that way I know these are going to good homes :thumbsup:), but I wouldn't want to promise that without knowing anything about the availability of these things.

Even with me being is sales I will tell you right now that charging over MSRP is just wrong. I've wanted one of these things before I could even drive when I was 14. I hate that we true enthusiast get penalized from dealerships for having a genuine passion about these cars. I wish everyone the best in getting their hands on one!

I'll post updates on availability when they start heading this way if you guys want. Just let me know. I think it would be cool to meet fellow CTR owners and help fight these ridiculous ADMs (additional dealer markups). I can even post other dealerships that I hear about in the South East that won't charge over MSRP as I hear about them.

Cheers! :beer:
If we can't manage an MSRP deal down here I'm sure all of us Floridians would appreciate something like this!

Trying to work with an acquaintance I have at one of the dealers and some other angles, so we will see how things go. So far not a single peep on deposits, allocations, or anything in this entire region it seems.

Chee_hu

First Name
Sherwin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
#611 Rallye Red CTR | 1998 Civic EX | 2007 Honda Fit Sport
Country flag
I've emailed all Honda dealerships in the Sacramento, CA area, and none have been able to provide any sort of info. I'll be back on this thread once I hear back from any of them.

Negan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Batmobile
There's nothing surprising here. If people are willing to pay above MSRP, the dealerships should charge above MSRP. It's business 101.

The CTR would sell below MSRP like most other cars if fan boys wouldn't run to the dealership, tripping over themselves, throwing money left and right, just to get one ASAP. High demand + low supply = $$$.

RODSCIVIC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Acura MDX 2016 Focus ST 2018 Si Sedan
Country flag
That's the crazy part. Everyone wants to be first, some want to buy it to sell for profit later on. Then you have the true enthusiast that fears it'll only be a one to two year run. Unfortunately, those of us in the middle class get taken out of the mix once MSRP +$10K markup start happening. This happened and is happening with the Focus RS, some sold for close to $50K. I expect the TypeR to sell for close to $60K, why? There are those who have become well off since the early 90's that always dreamed of owning one and will drop top dollar for one.

Those of us in Cali are screwed.
Sponsored