Honda announces launch/release date of November 12 (Finally!!)

taigebu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Hello! I've been a long time anonymous reader of this forum. I plan on buying a new Honda Civic next spring but I needed to know what you enthusiast thought about it wayyyy before I made my final decision. :)

It will be the first car I ever owned ! :D

I wanted to share with you the PR announcing the official release date for the 2016 Civic: http://hondanews.com/releases/sport...-the-dramatically-redesigned-2016-civic-sedan

Nov 9, 2015 - TORRANCE, Calif.

The 2016 Civic Sedan, a completely new-from-the-ground-up redesign of America's most popular compact car1, launches Nov. 12 at Honda dealerships nationwide with a Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price (MSRP)2 starting at $18,640 – an increase of just $150 from the outgoing model. The 2016 Civic Sedan benefits from the most extensive and ambitious redesign in the 43-year history of Civic, a global development effort led for the first time by Honda's U.S. R&D team, which set their sights on creating the world's best compact-class car with benchmark-setting levels of quality, fuel efficiency, interior spaciousness and fun-to-drive performance.

"The new Honda Civic offers incredible value and a fun-to-drive spirit that will take a lot of customers by surprise," said Jeff Conrad, senior vice president and general manager of the Honda Division. "This tenth generation Civic exemplifies the incredible engineering strength of Honda and our capacity to deliver something altogether new, unexpected and thrilling for our customers."

Rest of press release at the link.
Sponsored

G26okie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Accord EX-L V6 Sedan
Hello! I've been a long time anonymous reader of this forum. I plan on buying a new Honda Civic next spring but I needed to know what you enthusiast thought about it wayyyy before I made my final decision. :)

It will be the first car I ever owned ! :D
I wanted to share with you the PR announcing the official release date for the 2016 Civic: http://hondanews.com/releases/sport...-the-dramatically-redesigned-2016-civic-sedan
FINALLY! HAHA an official date! Nov 12th they are on sale!

C Note

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
--
Great first post welcome to the site! And congrats on your future first car :headbang:

Not sure the launch date actually means much since dealers who have the cars are already selling them. But good to see an official announcement at least heh.

G26okie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Accord EX-L V6 Sedan
Great first post welcome to the site! And congrats on your future first car :headbang:

Not sure the launch date actually means much since dealers who have the cars are already selling them. But good to see an official announcement at least heh.
Means we finally get a config tool on the website I'm sure.

10thG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic
Noticed this : "The 2016 Civic Sedan is the first in a series of new 10th-generation Civic variants that will include a sedan, coupe, sports-minded Si models, a five-door hatchback and the first-ever Civic Type-R model for the U.S. market, comprising the most diverse and innovative lineup in Civic's 43-year history."

By those words it sounds like there will be multiple Si models and not just a coupe. Could we possibly see Si versions of all 3 bodies (coupe, sedan, hatch)?

Emina

Threads
Reaction score
About time! But it seems a lot of dealers already started selling them. At least this should mean by the 12th most dealers will have them?

OP
OP

taigebu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None

Thanks ! Can't wait to own one :)

Hope the release date is valid for Canada too ^^

HondaGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NA
Great find and an early welcome to the Honda family!

05 Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Si Coupe
About time! But it seems a lot of dealers already started selling them. At least this should mean by the 12th most dealers will have them?
Like g26okie said, we'll see the 2016 model take over the current Civic's spot on the Honda homepage on that date. And that might be the date when owners can actually drive the car home? Haven't seen any actual deliveries reported yet.

WpgMatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Fiesta ST (prev. 2010 Cobalt)
Hi Guys!!! I'm from Winnipeg, MB. I will be posting the new Civic when I get to work today!!
THAT'S RIGHT. WE HAVE THE NEW CIVIC ON OUR LOT here in Manitoba!!! Funny how we got it before the 2016 Accord Coupe lmao

RobbJK88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Finally something official. And we've also heard news on the coupe may be expected by the 17th, which is what i'm really pumped for.

Can't wait to test drive!

Emina

Threads
Reaction score
Like g26okie said, we'll see the 2016 model take over the current Civic's spot on the Honda homepage on that date. And that might be the date when owners can actually drive the car home? Haven't seen any actual deliveries reported yet.
Ah good point, I missed that. So the dealers that have them and are inviting ppl to go take a look would not be able to actually let anyone drive it home until Thursday? Seems kind of odd just giving people a tease, probably take a deposit and then come back in 4 days..

tomljc2016

Honda Exterior Designer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Solara 2004
Finally......... How many Finallys you've received today lol! But hey! FINALLY! Can't wait to dash to the dealer this Thursday
Sponsored