Holtz's "RALLYE" Red 6MT Sport Hatch

Holtz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport 6MT
Country flag
Hi Community,

As many of you know - The 17' Sport Hatch with a 6MT has been an extremely rare find. About 6 months ago - I was set on the hatchback in the sport trim as I was in the market to find a new car as close to $20K OTD with the styling/color/interior that I would be thrilled to drive everyday.

My Search - Throughout the day, I must of contacted 20 dealerships in the NY/ tri-state area asking around about the 6MT in Rallye Red. I quickly found out there would be a 3-4 month waiting period and almost seemed to be an incredible far reach to get the trim/color that I was 100% set on.

Becoming friendly with a local sales rep at a Honda Dealership was the key to narrowing down my search. I was told there was only 1 Rallye Red 6MT sport hatch in an entire 500 mile radius from where I lived and it had not even been PDI'd yet!!

WOW! Can you make a trade happen for me - NO! (Dealership) "If he wants it... we will only sell it locally." -- (200) miles away.

Okay - here goes the phone call (I knew pricing from this forum and was set to get the car at a great price even though the dealership would have a the leg up)

POKER FACE - I want the car for 22,300 OTD! Not a penny more... Lets go and I will give a deposit right now and I want the invoice with the OTD price emailed to me. (I also received an additional $500 recent grad credit) Some how - through back and fourth negotiation... the sales manager agreed.... YES! Now to get there as soon as possible as I was hearing other people were looking/interested in the car as I was calling.

Spent $120 on a Enterprise car rental and drove the 200 miles as soon as I could the next day to Albany from Long Island NY. I told them Do not drill my front bumper 10 times (exaggerating) but many many times as I was scared they would add the stupid dealer advertising front plate.

Got there around 4:00 in the afternoon as I tried to selling my street bike earlier that morning at a local dealership to have a bigger down payment but wasn't offered what I knew I could sell it for just a few weeks later.

This is important to mention ^^ because I never had driven a manual car before but had about 12K miles driven on sport bikes so I definitely had the knowledge just not the rhythm yet/ motion with my feet/hand to do it in the car.

I finalize all the paperwork - drop the rent-a-car off 10 miles away from the dealer. Head back to the dealership and on the way back... I saw a Code Red SE-R Nissan Altima (MY Dream Car years ago)... which I was never able to buy... it was one of those crazy moments/coincidences that just you look back on and know the chances of that happening definitely made me appreciate turning the key/ engine on in my brand new car.

I learned how to drive stick in the parking lot of the Honda Dealership after hours as they had already closed (funny if they ever looked back on the security camera wondering what idiot buys this new car without even knowing how to drive it... (oh well). Within 30 mins of circling around... I was on my way home (200) miles. Luckily everything worked out and she made it home safe!

I will be updating my journey with this car and all the mod's I have done and would like to do in the future. Thank you to all the forum members who have posted and made being apart of this community a wonderful experience and somewhere -- where I can gather different ideas/tips/tricks and create something unique that I can call my own as well as give back and share my own thoughts/experiences.

-Holtz

View attachment 63076

View attachment 63082
Sponsored

OP
OP
Holtz

Holtz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Current Mods/Accessories:

Custom Interior Black/Red
5% Tint Windshield Strip
20% Tint Windows
5% Tint Rear Hatch
Multi Color Interior LED illumination
Front Plate Relocation
Weather-tech Plate Covers
OEM Sport Rims - Painted Gloss White
OEM High Wall Floor Rubber Floor Mats
OEM Tailgate Spoiler
Black Plasti Dipped Emblems (Front, Back, Center Caps)
Black Plasti Dipped Side Markers

Coming Soon:
Full Thule Roof Rack System with Extended Cargo Basket (Full review)

Future/Wishlist:
Black Lug Nuts
Headlight/Fog Light upgrade

View attachment 63080
View attachment 63089 View attachment 63085 View attachment 63084 View attachment 63086 View attachment 63083 View attachment 63087 View attachment 63088 View attachment 63092

View attachment 63091

View attachment 64196

View attachment 64197

View attachment 64198

Last edited:
OP
OP
Holtz

Holtz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yeah screw that. That's why I got the gorilla full set of locking lugs.

IcyRyce

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'd never had a roof rack but are most of these systems universal or vehicle specific?

jian9007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Current Mods/Accessories:

Custom Interior Black/Red
5% Tint Windshield Strip
20% Tint Windows
5% Tint Rear Hatch
Multi Color Interior LED illumination
Front Plate Relocation
Weather-tech Plate Covers
OEM Sport Rims - Painted Gloss White
OEM High Wall Floor Rubber Floor Mats
OEM Tailgate Spoiler
Black Plasti Dipped Emblems (Front, Back, Center Caps)
Black Plasti Dipped Side Markers

Coming Soon:
Full Thule Roof Rack System with Extended Cargo Basket (Full review)

Future/Wishlist:
Black Lug Nuts
Headlight/Fog Light upgrade

View attachment 63080
View attachment 63089 View attachment 63085 View attachment 63084 View attachment 63086 View attachment 63083 View attachment 63087 View attachment 63088 View attachment 63092

View attachment 63091

View attachment 64196

View attachment 64197

View attachment 64198
Looks great. Where did you get the interior done? Did you order it or did you bring it to a local upholstery shop and have them do it?

OP
OP
Holtz

Holtz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Looks great. Where did you get the interior done? Did you order it or did you bring it to a local upholstery shop and have them do it?

Here ya go! I picked the styling/colors. Some places may or may not go through the challenge to do the door panels for your car especially if you do not have the touring trim. Look at the picture i posted of the door open to my car for reference.

https://katzkin.com/how-to-buy

OP
OP
Holtz

Holtz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I'd never had a roof rack but are most of these systems universal or vehicle specific?
If you wanted to take whatever roof rack setup you purchased from Thule to another car... all you would have to do is spend $100 on a different "fitment" kit for that particular model/brand of car. The only exception would be if the 53 inch blades were not wide enough which most likely won't be the case because they offer blades that are 47 inches so it seems like these are in the "middle of the pack" in terms of car width.

zerogravity

Just for fun.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.calraceway.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatch Sport Touring, 1992 Nissan Sentra SE-R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thanks for posting about the roof Racks. How much did everything cost in the end?

zerogravity

Just for fun.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.calraceway.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatch Sport Touring, 1992 Nissan Sentra SE-R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

rosedraws

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 hatchback sport manual
Country flag
As many of you know - The 17' Sport Hatch with a 6MT has been an extremely rare find. About 6 months ago - I was set on the hatchback in the sport trim as I was in the market to find a new car as close to $20K OTD with the styling/color/interior that I would be thrilled to drive everyday.

My Search - Throughout the day, I must of contacted 20 dealerships in the NY/ tri-state area asking around about the 6MT in Rallye Red. I quickly found out there would be a 3-4 month waiting period and almost seemed to be an incredible far reach to get the trim/color that I was 100% set on.

Becoming friendly with a local sales rep at a Honda Dealership was the key to narrowing down my search. I was told there was only 1 Rallye Red 6MT sport hatch in an entire 500 mile radius from where I lived and it had not even been PDI'd yet!!

-Holtz
Similar story here. I was holding out for the sport hatch MT in blue. I was perfectly happy leasing my sporty Ford Focus SE Manual (surprisingly fun to drive!) but Ford stopped making the manual in that trim, so my stint of supporting Detroit has ended. So, I researched the hell out of it, and nothing comes close to the Civic hatch MT. And I love the blue.

I searched every dealer within 300 miles of here (NH) or Michigan (family there), and ZERO. So, I placed my custom order with the local dealer, he said he could get it for me at $300/mo. (I really REALLY wish the dealer had been realistic, would have saved me the pain of swallowing the final monthly payment yesterday -- buying not leasing this time.) They found some dealer in NY that had ordered just what I want, so we waited for it to arrive from England. Because it had already been ordered, it was only a couple months wait. My NH dealer traded it for a Pilot or something. But special order like this, certainly no buying deals to be had, so I have way less money for mods than I had hoped. But ohhhhhh, this is my car! And I'm pretty psyched to have a 1-of-a-kind (for now at least). Except that horrible cloth interior. Dumbest thing Honda has done in ages. And I gotta learn the nuance of driving a 6-speed instead of a 5-speed! (After break-in, that is).

sonicBOOMgray

Banned
Civic was washed away in Houston Harvey maelstrom
Banned
First Name
UNK (uncle)
Threads
Reaction score
my LX was scathed in Harvey...Houston 42 feet unda
Website
a.msn.com
Vehicle(s)
17 Hatch PMM LX HS 0w-20 FF 5650 miles, 06 Accord V6 MC 5w-20, 95 SC300 V6 QS 10w-30
You got Rallye, rhymes with Dye on the Left and Red on the right?

Edit: How you learned on the dealer lot is extreme.

Last edited:

fiend busa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
Love the interior, exterior, not so much.

2nd picture looked really nice but in the wing and wheels in the third makes it look ridiculous.

Interior is mint tho
Sponsored