Admin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Small highlight reel from the 2016 Civic assembly line at Honda's Indiana plant where the 2016 sedan began production this week, following start of production at the Honda Ontario plant last week.

Sponsored

browning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Does anyone know if US market Civics are still being produced in Japan? I know for a while Japanese built Civic and Accords were being sold in the US but in very small numbers.

10thG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic
Does anyone know if US market Civics are still being produced in Japan? I know for a while Japanese built Civic and Accords were being sold in the US but in very small numbers.
No Civics are produced in Japan. The sedans/coupes are made in Canada and Indiana. Hatchbacks will be made in the UK.

martyr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Boring Accord family hauler
Production of any Civics in Japan stopped in August 2010.

It stopped domestic production of the gasoline engine version for the home market in August and sales stopped at end of 2010.

It's pretty interesting if you go Honda's Japan website - http://www.honda.co.jp/auto/?from=top_pulldown there's very few models that are sold both in US and in Japan at this point.

H_P

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Si
Judging by the spy photos I'd say it is a traditional trunk, but I could be wrong. It's hard to make out any lines with the camouflage but the shape of the trunk and the way it falls flat to the decklid makes me think it won't be a liftback.

Shralper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Acura RSX Type S
Country flag
Judging by the spy photos I'd say it is a traditional trunk, but I could be wrong. It's hard to make out any lines with the camouflage but the shape of the trunk and the way it falls flat to the decklid makes me think it won't be a liftback.
I'll be greatly disappointed if it isn't a liftback. There's no reason it shouldn't be, given the fastback design. I'm still not sure why they didn't make the sedan a liftback. My RSX-S has a liftback and it looks nothing like a hatchback (sorry but I'm not a hatchback fan). It's amazing how much stuff I can carry in the back with the seats down and the cargo cover removed. You could never load a mountain bike in the back of, say, a G37 or BMW coupe. It has to be one of the most practical small sport coupes ever made. I still can't believe Acura killed it.

Last edited:

HondaPro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 EXT Civic & 2017 Civic ExT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I have owned many new Civics since 1996. All fit a full suspension Mountain bike. I put the rear seats down, pull the front wheel and slide the bike in rear tire first while twisting the handle bar. Then lay the front wheel over the fork. Completely closing the trunk. I have done this for 20 years. I love to mountain bike. :)

Shralper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Acura RSX Type S
Country flag
I have owned many new Civics since 1996. All fit a full suspension Mountain bike. I put the rear seats down, pull the front wheel and slide the bike in rear tire first while twisting the handle bar. Then lay the front wheel over the fork. Completely closing the trunk. I have done this for 20 years. I love to mountain bike. :)
Perhaps. Even still, it would be much easier with a liftback.

Ever put a fully-inflated 4' diameter innertube in your civic trunk?.... I didn't think so ;)
Sponsored