Hidden Features/Quirks you did not know about the Honda 2017 Civic

Milo & Miles

Is there anything that won't fit into this car?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Sport Hatch
Must be another feature North America doesn't get. We can open with the key, can't close. Safety regulations or something.
Dangit! My hopes were dashed :(

Oh well, opening the windows remotely on a sweltering summer day is still awesome
Sponsored

Milo & Miles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Sport Hatch
ha, saw that too, whats the reasoning behind that hole...
Can't find a clear answer on Google, but from what i can gather it may be a European requirement or something

BarracksSi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Sport Touring Hatch; '17 CR-V EX. Formerly '02 EP3.
Country flag
lol we have the same here. Some new guy at work has a lifted truck with purple (really) suspension bits, wide-ass tires, and a giant hashtag on the windshield (#WEDEMBOYZ). Some of these guys are trying too hard...
One of the guys at work called the trucks "SDTs".
What's that?
"Small-D*ck Trucks."

Siqc Cafe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring, 2000 Celica GT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

derbo904

Keeper of Blinky lights
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 FK7 | 11 E90M3
Country flag
Must be another feature North America doesn't get. We can open with the key, can't close. Safety regulations or something.
Pretty much. NHTSA requires Automatic Reversal Systems (ARS) on power windows. When using the remote close, I believe the ARS is disabled and can be a potential lawsuit. When you are next to the car, at least you are there and able to stop it by removing your key? I don't really get the logic between the key lock vs the remote unless they think your key might close the windows on its own via your pocket.

Remote-Close is my favorite feature of my BMW. I had to code it in. It's great when you see your sunroof is not closed from a distant, and just tap the remote lock and boom its closed.

Milo & Miles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Sport Hatch
Pretty much. NHTSA requires Automatic Reversal Systems (ARS) on power windows. When using the remote close, I believe the ARS is disabled and can be a potential lawsuit. When you are next to the car, at least you are there and able to stop it by removing your key? I don't really get the logic between the key lock vs the remote unless they think your key might close the windows on its own via your pocket.

Remote-Close is my favorite feature of my BMW. I had to code it in. It's great when you see your sunroof is not closed from a distant, and just tap the remote lock and boom its closed.
Or when a thunderstorm rolls in there's a mad dash in my office of people running to their cars to close their windows. Would be great to do it from the doorway and laugh at them all as they soak themselves:innocent:

ikbenben

Belgium spec
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic 1.5T Sport Plus HB
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

It works on my Euro Civic. You do have to keep pressing the button on the remote, so when you stop pushing the button the closing stops also.
On the other hand, I don't have the auto lock. If this is due to safety reasons then I find it quite stupid because some of my previous cars had it.

Milo & Miles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Sport Hatch
On the other hand, I don't have the auto lock. If this is due to safety reasons then I find it quite stupid because some of my previous cars had it.
Too bad, dude. Auto lock is one of my fave features right now. Where has it been all my life?? :spaz:

ikbenben

Belgium spec
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Too bad, dude. Auto lock is one of my fave features right now. Where has it been all my life?? :spaz:
Not that it's such a big deal (didn't have it on my 8G Civic) but I liked it on my cars before that (Audi S3 & Seat Ibiza FR). Oh well, if necessary I can still close it with the lock button.

Milo & Miles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Sport Hatch
Not that it's such a big deal (didn't have it on my 8G Civic) but I liked it on my cars before that (Audi S3 & Seat Ibiza FR). Oh well, if necessary I can still close it with the lock button.
Quick question, what trim levels are available for the civic in Europe? I know you guys have the two engine choices that we don't have. In Canada we have LX, Sport and Sport Touring, and the US has LX, Sport, EX, EXL, and Sport Touring.

ikbenben

Belgium spec
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Quick question, what trim levels are available for the civic in Europe? I know you guys have the two engine choices that we don't have. In Canada we have LX, Sport and Sport Touring, and the US has LX, Sport, EX, EXL, and Sport Touring.
We have the 1.0 (6MT or CVT) 95kW in S, Comfort, Elegance, Executive and Premium.
Then the 1.5 (6MT or CVT) 134kW in Sport, Sport Plus and Prestige.

ikbenben

Belgium spec
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

Milo & Miles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Sport Hatch
We have the 1.0 (6MT or CVT) 95kW in S, Comfort, Elegance, Executive and Premium.
Then the 1.5 (6MT or CVT) 134kW in Sport, Sport Plus and Prestige.
Good lord everything sound much classier in Europe.

xoxo&tats

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX
The armrest between the driver & passenger seats slides back and forth (with it forward, you only have access to one cup holder though). There's also a way to access the backup camera without being in reverse and other stuff but I forgot the sequence...volume + brightness? Hopefully someone else knows what I'm referring to.
Sponsored