Hidden Features/Quirks you did not know about the Honda 2017 Civic

CivicChina

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 1.5t 6MT Cosmic Blue
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
it is possoble to add the function to close all windows and sunroof from the key fob, with a module that connects to OBD port that does this. I don't care because my key is buried deep in my work bag and i never take it out so it's easier to close everything before getting out:D
Sponsored

Mocha90210

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
Well, that comes back to another somewhat missed feature from the Audi.... key-based seat/mirror memory settings. Basically you could adjust the seats/mirrors to your preference and save it to a key. Two settings per key, as well.

I'm trying to get used to using the grid lines on the rear view camera to find my way. Definitely requires more looking over my shoulder. I'm finding myself parking almost a foot from the curb when parallel parking. It will just take some time to adjust.
I hear ya, although you can't really compare the Civic to an Audi. In the end, even though the Civic is loaded with features, you get what you pay for.

sonicBOOMgray

Banned
Civic was washed away in Houston Harvey maelstrom
Banned
First Name
UNK (uncle)
Threads
Reaction score
my LX was scathed in Harvey...Houston 42 feet unda
Website
a.msn.com
Vehicle(s)
17 Hatch PMM LX HS 0w-20 FF 5650 miles, 06 Accord V6 MC 5w-20, 95 SC300 V6 QS 10w-30
The inside dome lights turn off if you accidently leave them on? Anyone seen this? haha, it's psycho. :cool:

(Ask me how I found out)

justinjspog

Civic Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Sport Touring
Vehicle Showcase
it is possoble to add the function to close all windows and sunroof from the key fob, with a module that connects to OBD port that does this. I don't care because my key is buried deep in my work bag and i never take it out so it's easier to close everything before getting out:D
I'm interested in this OBD module. Any idea what it's called and where I can order it from?

justinjspog

Civic Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I hear ya, although you can't really compare the Civic to an Audi. In the end, even though the Civic is loaded with features, you get what you pay for.
Actually, the Sport Touring Hatch is supposed to be in direct competition with the Audi A3. They're even making it in England again.

Mocha90210

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
Actually, the Sport Touring Hatch is supposed to be in direct competition with the Audi A3. They're even making it in England again.
I see. Does the A3 have all the features that @johnc_22 is missing? I guess it sounded to me like he may have been comparing against a higher Audi model?

CivicChina

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm interested in this OBD module. Any idea what it's called and where I can order it from?
it should be easy to find on ebay. Search for obd window module or something like that. I think they are standard for any car, but anyway ask the seller if it is conpatible with the civic.

zroger73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MX-5 Miata GT-S, 2021 Ridgeline RTL-E
Country flag
it should be easy to find on ebay. Search for obd window module or something like that. I think they are standard for any car, but anyway ask the seller if it is conpatible with the civic.
These appear to be available for certain GM/Toyota models, but not Honda and most other brands.

johnc_22

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Sedan - Touring - Cosmic Blue
Country flag
I see. Does the A3 have all the features that @johnc_22 is missing? I guess it sounded to me like he may have been comparing against a higher Audi model?
My A4 was a B8.5 Premium Plus. Don't get me wrong, I knew what I was getting when I bought the Civic and my expectations have been met. I'm quite satisfied with the car (still less than 200 miles) and only noting features that I will miss from the Audi, but as my wife pointed out, she drove my car once in 4 years, so the seat memory thing is probably not a big deal. The tilt down mirror, I'm just going to have to relearn how to parallel park without it.

What I get with the Civic that I didn't have with the Audi is the entire sensing package (using it every day on my stop-go commutes) and so far about 10mpg average better gas mileage (32.6mpg vs 22mpg) and 87 rather than 93 at the pump.

CivicChina

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
These appear to be available for certain GM/Toyota models, but not Honda and most other brands.
ask the seller. here many civic owners added this part number:

Honda Civic 10th gen Hidden Features/Quirks you did not know about the Honda 2017 Civic WeChat Image_20170804161624

Mocha90210

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
My A4 was a B8.5 Premium Plus. Don't get me wrong, I knew what I was getting when I bought the Civic and my expectations have been met. I'm quite satisfied with the car (still less than 200 miles) and only noting features that I will miss from the Audi, but as my wife pointed out, she drove my car once in 4 years, so the seat memory thing is probably not a big deal. The tilt down mirror, I'm just going to have to relearn how to parallel park without it.

What I get with the Civic that I didn't have with the Audi is the entire sensing package (using it every day on my stop-go commutes) and so far about 10mpg average better gas mileage (32.6mpg vs 22mpg) and 87 rather than 93 at the pump.
Aah, thanks for the clarification. Sometimes I see comments like "the Civic doesn't have the same acceleration as my Corvette" ... ya no kidding Sherlock! That's an exaggeration, but you get the point. I think one more thing you'll like about the Civic is the relatively low maintenance costs.

johnc_22

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Sedan - Touring - Cosmic Blue
Country flag
I think one more thing you'll like about the Civic is the relatively low maintenance costs.
That factored heavily into the decision to make the trade on a relatively low mileage Audi.

justinjspog

Civic Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

Yeah, compared to A4 Premium Plus, you'll likely see a slight difference in features, but I use difference (instead of lack) because it seems to have the same number of features (like you said, having some that the A4 doesn't have).

It just seems like they forgot a few cheap and easy conveniences when shooting for the stars, haha!

My Sport Touring recommends at least 91, though I know it can take 87 if I'm willing to sacrifice some efficiency and horsepower (which I am not , haha!)

Check out this entire thread. We've been discovering tons of little Easter eggs hidden within the Civic that are not in the user manual!

sonicBOOMgray

Banned
Banned
First Name
UNK (uncle)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
a.msn.com
Vehicle(s)
17 Hatch PMM LX HS 0w-20 FF 5650 miles, 06 Accord V6 MC 5w-20, 95 SC300 V6 QS 10w-30
In a world that is sick in the head and senseless, this car is more than a car but a sanctuary, oasis or port in the storm.

sonicBOOMgray

Banned
Banned
First Name
UNK (uncle)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
a.msn.com
Vehicle(s)
fuggin bad ass car...after 4 years of sc300 with 18mpg, what a sight for sore eyes..i mean, honda has thought of so many things and its the little things too like i swear the dome lights turn off automatically if you leave them on and the car is turned off. sht like that, who thinks of stuff like that on a 20k econobox. i say that cause i wish i had the brains myself but then would i ever stop innovating..fck if i know, no pun
Sponsored

Last edited: