HFP should do what Ford Racing - ECU reflash

dastanli

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camry, Tacoma
Country flag
Anyone else on here wish honda's performance division would do ecu reflash like ford does with their focus/mustang? I like the idea of a little more power and a warranty to back it up.
Sponsored

Snoopyslr

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T, 2016 Ford F-150, 2003 Subaru Impreza WRX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
They are doing that. It's called the Si. Same motor as the EX-T, but 30 more hp. Not confirmed, but that indicates to me a few more lbs of boost and a better fuel/spark curve.

OP
OP

dastanli

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camry, Tacoma
Country flag
I am terrible at it lol. But yeah, would be great if honda and the other car companies would follow suit. I'd pay $600-$800 for +30hp/torque and keep my warranty. Didn't honda have a supercharger option for the crz at one point? Thought I saw one at a dealer ship a year or two back that had one in the show room.

Snoopyslr

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T, 2016 Ford F-150, 2003 Subaru Impreza WRX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I honestly would never want a "performance" tune from the manufacturer. If HP is what you're after, the manufacturer is always going to be so cautious that your $600 re-flash from a manufacturer will never be as good as one from a tuner.

If we're talking out of the box reflash with all OEM components, that's one thing. One you start adding mods, the tune will change with every performance mod. This is the difference between an off-the-shelf ECU tune and someplace that actually dyno tunes. There can be as much as 50% hp increases vs an off-the-shelf tune when things are accounted for properly.

OP
OP

dastanli

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camry, Tacoma
Country flag
Very true! Yeah, I would be one of the guys who just want a quick reflash with all oem components. Just a little extra hp/torque/little lower/tint/wheels for the 1.5t and call it a day lol.

silverrascal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX hatch
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
It's not a bad idea otherwise Ford would not offer it. They do cut the warranty down though.

I recall some VW GTI owners who could get their GTIs flashed with APR Tuning software from dealerships with no adverse affects on warranty.

I wouldn't mind it if Honda did something similar. I'm also one of those consumers that doesn't need massive performance increases but would like Honda's blessing per se on a reflash to wrench a little more performance but not to potentially void a warranty all together.

OP
OP

dastanli

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camry, Tacoma
Country flag
WHATTTT?!?!?! VW collaborating with an aftermarket tuner?!?!?! That's pretty cool, man. I went through their websites and some of those gains are crazy. Looks like APR tampers with quite a few cars under the VW umbrella. I hope honda follows suit. I believe it would show some extra confidence in the reliability of their products.

silverrascal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX hatch
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
WHATTTT?!?!?! VW collaborating with an aftermarket tuner?!?!?! That's pretty cool, man. I went through their websites and some of those gains are crazy. Looks like APR tampers with quite a few cars under the VW umbrella. I hope honda follows suit. I believe it would show some extra confidence in the reliability of their products.
Yeah would be great but until Honda says something official I wouldn't hold your breath... lol

I only have stage 1 strictly a tune and the gains behind the wheel is pretty impressive. C'mon Honda! Let's do this.
Sponsored