geolemon

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'95 Honda Civic EX (original owner), '17 Civic Sport Hatchback
Country flag
I like that nobody has submitted a photoshop of the car without the fake vents, go ahead and do it and see how terrible it really looks without them.
Exactly.
If you want a car that's styled like a big yawn - go buy one. There's plenty to pick from.
Because there's more of those, and less of these... doesn't make THOSE the "attractive ones".

That's lemming phenomenon, not taste. ;)

As a 43 year old adult, I love that this has a touch of aggression, but doesn't hit you over the head like a Type R that would have my adult friends groaning over the big bookshelf wing and sending me sympathy cards for my mid-life crisis.
I've gotten nothing but unprovoked compliments on my car (Sport hatch).

EDIT: best one yet this past weekend - buddy said "it looks like an Aventador"

Last edited:

Mugenkb1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Acura RL, 16 Acura MDX, 17 Civic Hatchback Sport 6MT
Country flag
Or perhaps something like the Lexus CT rear bumper treatment I think would look pretty decent on the hatches

ronmcdon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 FiestaST, 19 Si, Camaro Z1LE, EvoX, 98 240sx
Country flag
I love the current CTR's styling and Im infinitely pleased Honda did not go with the subtle styling cues similar to the EK CTR. If it came with even more aggressive aero, wider wheels, and phoenix yellow paint it would be damn well near perfection for me, looks wise.

The fact that its design succeeds in offending so many only adds to the charm for me.

SpartanSi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura MDX and Honda CR-V
Country flag
If you haven't saw @hondaprojason's Facebook post yet, look here!

"BREAKING NEWS!! Honda will have a HFP Package (as a dealer installed accessory) for the 2017 Honda Civic 5 door hatchback including lowered Suspension, upgraded Brake rotors, Red floor mats, lower trim kit, plus badging AND a HFP package for the Civic Si trim With upgraded active dampening system!! BOTH COMING THIS FALL!! #HondaCivic #Honda #CivicSi"

I need those HFP badges and lowering suspension....can't wait!

53d9230278b1ef47b223db9039d24d19.png
Honestly......just offering a manual in the Hatchback Sport Touring for the US market would make me more excited than any of these accessories. Not being able to get the manual in a well optioned Civic is just plain piss poor marketing. Wish Honda would simply charge more to be able to special order vehicles. They currently make and ship the car that I want to Canada yet, refuse to allow Americans the option to get the cars that they supply into other markets. I get cars supplied in EU or Asia but, Canada? Give me a break......far better options and features. There are zero reasons that Honda could not offer Americans the option to buy cars that are supplied to Canada. Minus pushing the button that converts KM to miles.....there really is no good reason. Imagine an Si with LED headlights or a CRV Touring with Panoramic moonroof and heated steering wheel or the Hatchback being offered with a manual In the Sport Touring? All of these options exist on these vehicles north of our border.

BrianDevin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 EX HatchWagon
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Autoblog posted this from the HFP hatch that was at SEMA. It’ll show you the brakes, and I’m actually pretty ok with how they look

Honda Civic 10th gen HFP Package Coming For Civic Si and 5-dr Hatchback Models 55B44404-A1A8-456E-910E-4978C53D57EA

Mugenkb1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Acura RL, 16 Acura MDX, 17 Civic Hatchback Sport 6MT
Country flag
We should be getting info about availability to order any time now right?

coopermidnight

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I like that nobody has submitted a photoshop of the car without the fake vents, go ahead and do it and see how terrible it really looks without them.
No photoshop necessary. The Si coupe has a back bumper that actually suits the car.
Honda Civic 10th gen HFP Package Coming For Civic Si and 5-dr Hatchback Models upload_2017-11-10_12-45-36

I love my Si sedan, but the hatch faux vents on the back are still terrible. All they had to do was use the same bumper style they used for the coupe. The Type R (and the regular hatch, to an extent) gets away with it because it has a lot more going on visually, but the sedan has no business having those things.

FK7_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Sedan, 2015 Acura MDX Elite
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Just saw this ....The hfp suspension kit NO LOWERING. :thumbsdown:
Dang and the hatch doesn't get any type of suspenion either. Definitely dropping the ball on this Honda