HFP Package Coming For Civic Si and 5-dr Hatchback Models

ronmcdon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 FiestaST, 19 Si, Camaro Z1LE, EvoX, 98 240sx
Country flag
About the fake vents, couldnt one just get them painted?

I am also sure its just a matter of time before the japanese aftermarket like mugen will offer it for $1,000 or more. HFP does not typically price gouge anywhere as much.
Sponsored

bobindy

Bobindy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Civic Si 4 door
Country flag

I am also sure its just a matter of time before the japanese aftermarket like mugen will offer it for $1,000 or more. HFP does not typically price gouge anywhere as much.
Painting yes but they would still be fake. Personally I don't understand the design or reason for over-the-top fake vents especially on the Type R. Why take a fast car and apply fake vents. It's the kind of thing I would expect to see on a sport edition of a cheap poorly performing economy car of the past. I realize many people don't care but I find it pointless and it does nothing for the aesthetics.

The fake vents on the 2018 Fit and the next gen Accord have been omitted and/or downsized so hopefully it's a trend that continues with the upcoming Civic refresh.

hfpdohc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hatch 2017 M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Painting yes but they would still be fake. Personally I don't understand the design or reason for over-the-top fake vents especially on the Type R. Why take a fast car and apply fake vents. It's the kind of thing I would expect to see on a sport edition of a cheap poorly performing economy car of the past. I realize many people don't care but I find it pointless and it does nothing for the aesthetics.

The fake vents on the 2018 Fit and the next gen Accord have been omitted and/or downsized so hopefully it's a trend that continues with the upcoming Civic refresh.
just use a dremel and make nice holes in it!
so they will be functionnal!

Nickog909

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si and 2016 Honda Civic EX-L
Country flag
I hope they do HFP Package for the sedan Si one can wish right

mp2017

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 NSX, 2017 SI sedan
I wouldnt hate a 1" drop on my ex-t with my 19s, but I don't want to pay HFP prices for a 1" either!!!!
I fill the "wheel gap" is small already, so I'll say it'll only be 1/2 to 3/4 drop

sonicBOOMgray

Banned
Civic was washed away in Houston Harvey maelstrom
Banned
First Name
UNK (uncle)
Threads
Reaction score
my LX was scathed in Harvey...Houston 42 feet unda
Website
a.msn.com
Vehicle(s)
17 Hatch PMM LX HS 0w-20 FF 5650 miles, 06 Accord V6 MC 5w-20, 95 SC300 V6 QS 10w-30
Are they planning a bumper cover package to replace those awful fake vents?
No such thing as absolutes, we all love them.

CivicXI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic EX-T, Civic EX HB
Country flag
Are the adaptive dampers only for Si or for standard HB as well?

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Are the adaptive dampers only for Si or for standard HB as well?
Only the SI and Type get any kind of active suspension parts.

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Aiming for 400whp out of the TypeR.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Black CTR #4071, 16 MDX Tech
Country flag

If you get a black car, they blend in nicely.

ronmcdon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 FiestaST, 19 Si, Camaro Z1LE, EvoX, 98 240sx
Country flag
Agreed that in black it looks good. Ive also always liked to subtle contrast between the vents and polished metal (dark grey) paint. Tinting the car helps the vents blend in imo.

What I find visually unsettling most of all, is the unsubtle plastering of chrome bits on many civic trims. It is part of the reason why I got the sport touring hatch.

Last edited:

lunarsilver

Lunarsilver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic ext
Country flag
Now that I've gotten over having to clean it a lot, I'm really glad I got CBP because the vents really blend in!
Get a certain color to hide those horrible fake vents..... REALLY! Smh..... #whatajoke.

grumpyguy6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si sedan, 2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Get a certain color to hide those horrible fake vents..... REALLY! Smh..... #whatajoke.
I didn't get CBP to hide the vents, I was merely mentioning that the vents blend in with that color, which was relevant to the posts that directly preceded it. Personally I love the look of my Si, and would gladly take the vents along with all the other Si upgrades over the lesser models any day. But I'm entitled to my opinion just as you are entitled to yours. That's how mature adults discuss differences of opinion, not with acronyms and hashtags.

lunarsilver

Lunarsilver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic ext
Country flag
I didn't get CBP to hide the vents, I was merely mentioning that the vents blend in with that color, which was relevant to the posts that directly preceded it. Personally I love the look of my Si, and would gladly take the vents along with all the other Si upgrades over the lesser models any day. But I'm entitled to my opinion just as you are entitled to yours. That's how mature adults discuss differences of opinion, not with acronyms and hashtags.
its all good grumpyguy....................nice car,horrible fake vents.IMO.
Sponsored