Help! Can't decide on a color!

andromeda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'04 & '16 Civics
Country flag
Very dark (or even very light) are difficult to keep clean and looking nice. I went with the Lunar Silver Metallic, and never any regrets.
Sponsored

Civics4Ever

Rally Red EXT
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Civic Sedan LX, 17 Civic Coupe Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Rally Red or Aegean Blue or the Lime Green. All the colors are nice, but everyone chooses silver this, gunmetal that, grey.

Lunar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring Sedan
Country flag
I went with lunar because it's easy upkeep. I have a black car and well...never again

The lines look so good on the lunar

Derstn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic EX
Black is completely timeless, and with the chrome trim really pops as a high class look. Unfortunately upkeep on black is a totally different beast. You have to really love it to keep it looking nice, and after a while, it will really need some paint correction.

KimO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Honda Civic EX, 2016 Honda EX-TL Rallye Red
Country flag
I have rally's red. I did
Hi everyone,
I am seeking assistance on which color Honda Civic EX-L to purchase. This is my first car! Please help.
I have badgered my family and friends on their opinion on the colors that are offered and this is what I have so far:

White Orchid Pearl - Personally love this color and I'm looking for a nice sleek car, but from what I've been told, it gets dirty really easily and will fade over time similarly to how a nice white T-shirt fades to a yellowish color.
Aegean Blue Metallic - Blue is my favorite color! I'm not sure if it fits into the sleek/sophisticated look that I'm looking for. My brother actually has a blue 2014 Civic EX and has advised me not to get it because scratches show up on it really easily.
Burgundy Night Pearl - Not really a fan, unless someone can post a picture of one and wows me with it.
Cosmic Blue Metallic - (See comment on Burgundy Night Pearl)
Crystal Black Pearl - Does look sleek, but le parents advise me that it would be more dangerous to drive at night with since it's more difficult to see (??)
Lunar Silver Metallic - Not really a fan, since the front bar blends in with the car.
Modern Steel Metallic - Not sure?
Rallye Red - Would love the car if it was a more dimensional red color (and if I wouldn't be more likely to be pulled over by police for fooling around in it)

Please advise. I am legitimately losing sleep over this.

Thank you in advance <3 :love:
I have rallye red and I got a speeding ticket after 3 weeks. I absolutely love the color. I wanted black leather and black wasn't available with all car colors. I know there are cars out there that when I see them, I think....gorgeous. You just have to decide what makes you think...that's gorgeous. You will know.....

andromeda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'04 & '16 Civics
Country flag
I really wanted the green, but didn't 'cause it'd attract too much attention from cops. Went with LSM.

Rayve

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 white Civic VTI-LX (Touring equivalent)
Country flag
Rallye Red FTW:headbang:

BTW, can we please put an end to the red-car discrimination myth about getting pulled over and tickets:

http://www.snopes.com/autos/law/redcars.asp
You are probably right, but the Snopes article has some serious flaws in the way it sets out to debunk this 'myth'. For example, it cites white cars as being booked significantly less than other colors - but assumes, perhaps incorrectly, that the drivers of white cars speed as much as the drivers of other colors of car. No examination of driver ages as related to car color was also presented. Perhaps red cars are driven more by young people than white cars and perhaps they have a more aggressive driving style? The Snopes article should not be to debunk this myth since it is unsound statistically.

Browncoat3000

Red 5 standing by
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si, Odyssey EX-L
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
You are probably right, but the Snopes article has some serious flaws in the way it sets out to debunk this 'myth'. For example, it cites white cars as being booked significantly less than other colors - but assumes, perhaps incorrectly, that the drivers of white cars speed as much as the drivers of other colors of car. No examination of driver ages as related to car color was also presented. Perhaps red cars are driven more by young people than white cars and perhaps they have a more aggressive driving style? The Snopes article should not be to debunk this myth since it is unsound statistically.
Well, if you don't like the Snopes article, here's a more recent article which uses a different basis:

http://blog.cjponyparts.com/2014/07/most-and-least-ticketed-types-makes-and-colors-cars/

KimO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Honda Civic EX, 2016 Honda EX-TL Rallye Red
Country flag
Rallye Red FTW:headbang:

BTW, can we please put an end to the red-car discrimination myth about getting pulled over and tickets:

http://www.snopes.com/autos/law/redcars.asp
I drove my 2002 Silver Civic for 12 years without ever getting pulled over. I had my new red 2016 Civic for 3 weeks and got a ticket that cost me 178.00. I will say, he clocked me speeding and I can't say I was singled out....but nonetheless, I did get a ticket. I am not a new driver....in fact, have been driving for more than 30 years and have only had 2 speeding tickets. Coincidence? Having said that, I also looked at articles citing car colors that tend to get stopped more than others. White is a very common color...many white cars on the road. National Motorists Association Blog says most common colors are white, red, gray and silver. But, getting pulled over isn't everything....really it comes down to whether or not you get a ticket. Not everyone does and that's another story. I think I got a ticket because I still had temp plates and I was driving 14 miles over the speed limit. I got caught in a trap (another state trooper had someone else pulled over) and I think he wanted to take the opportunity to teach me a lesson about driving too fast in my cute new red Civic....while bringing in the revenue. Anyway, as the very happy owner of a 2016 EX-TL Rallye Red Civic, those are my 2 cents....and I am more cognizant of my speed than ever before.....thank you Mr. State Trooper.:drive:

ElGatoGordo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX CBM
I was 50/50 on Steel or Silver. When I was waiting around in the dealership for my salesman I was looking at the Cosmic Blue and ended up going that route. Such a nice unique color, you have to see it in person. Way too much silver/grey cars on the road these days anyway.

PenguinMD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Touring Sedan, CosBlu
I was 50/50 on Steel or Silver. When I was waiting around in the dealership for my salesman I was looking at the Cosmic Blue and ended up going that route. Such a nice unique color, you have to see it in person. Way too much silver/grey cars on the road these days anyway.
Same here. Fell in love with the Cosmic Blue after seeing it. Definitely a bitch to keep clean in the winter though haha

ElGatoGordo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX CBM
Same here. Fell in love with the Cosmic Blue after seeing it. Definitely a bitch to keep clean in the winter though haha
For sure. Bought mine yesterday actually, already needs a wash after 40~ miles of "test driving". First purchase, snow tires, second purchase, unlimited pass to local car wash...worth it! Love seeing heads turn as I drive by.

andromeda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'04 & '16 Civics
Country flag
Anyone knows that red is traditionally for danger or caution, compared to green which is for OK etc. Blood is red, plants sylvan arbors etc. are green. Lights from top down are, red, amber, green.
Sponsored