Help! Can't decide on a color!

Jon Snow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring Cosmic Blue Metallic
Country flag
1. Cosmic Blue - Looks really sharp, especially in Touring with the chrome door handles. But doesn't look nearly as good with 1-2 weeks of dust on it. You have to keep it somewhat clean. This is the one I got and I'm fairly happy with it. Takes on different characters in different light/environments though, so it's not a "stable" color. I also like the gray leather interior that comes with it.
2. Black - Looks amazing when absolutely clean, terrible when not. Needs constant cleaning IMO. I think the black's contrast with the beige leather looks pretty sharp.
3. White Pearl - White's not really a car color for me, but this is pretty nice. If you like white cars in general, I would go for this.
4. Aegean Blue - Too bright and comic-booky for me, but I can see why some people like it.
5. Rallye Red - It's too bright and too flat for me. Would prefer something more deep and complex like Mazda's Soul Red, or the Accord red.
6. Modern Steel Metallic - Like the black, looks pretty good clean, looks really blah and dingy with a little dust. My neighbor has one of these and it doesn't look good when not freshly cleaned.
7. Lunar Silver - I love silver cars because the classic color will always look good, even as it ages, and they hide dirt really well, but I don't like the lack of contrast with the trim on the Civic. For some reason I don't really dig silver on this car in particular.
8. Burgundy Metallic - It's weird but interesting, if you like that color. Not for me.

All in all, I think Honda did a rather poor job with color selection, and none of the paints exude a premium quality (I've seen all of them in different lighting). With some cars I feel like wow, there's so many nice colors, I can't choose one. With this model, it's more like jeez, these are my choices? Is there one I can live with?

OP
OP

Catlia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
1. Cosmic Blue - Looks really sharp, especially in Touring with the chrome door handles. But doesn't look nearly as good with 1-2 weeks of dust on it. You have to keep it somewhat clean. This is the one I got and I'm fairly happy with it. Takes on different characters in different light/environments though, so it's not a "stable" color. I also like the gray leather interior that comes with it.
2. Black - Looks amazing when absolutely clean, terrible when not. Needs constant cleaning IMO. I think the black's contrast with the beige leather looks pretty sharp.
3. White Pearl - White's not really a car color for me, but this is pretty nice. If you like white cars in general, I would go for this.
4. Aegean Blue - Too bright and comic-booky for me, but I can see why some people like it.
5. Rallye Red - It's too bright and too flat for me. Would prefer something more deep and complex like Mazda's Soul Red, or the Accord red.
6. Modern Steel Metallic - Like the black, looks pretty good clean, looks really blah and dingy with a little dust. My neighbor has one of these and it doesn't look good when not freshly cleaned.
7. Lunar Silver - I love silver cars because the classic color will always look good, even as it ages, and they hide dirt really well, but I don't like the lack of contrast with the trim on the Civic. For some reason I don't really dig silver on this car in particular.
8. Burgundy Metallic - It's weird but interesting, if you like that color. Not for me.

All in all, I think Honda did a rather poor job with color selection, and none of the paints exude a premium quality (I've seen all of them in different lighting). With some cars I feel like wow, there's so many nice colors, I can't choose one. With this model, it's more like jeez, these are my choices? Is there one I can live with?
I really like and appreciate your comprehensive post reply D:, I was looking for someone to post this kind of reply, addressing all of the colors. Thanks! :D

Snoopyslr

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T, 2016 Ford F-150, 2003 Subaru Impreza WRX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

Stop trying to act like you know things. You know nothing Jon Snow!

Linda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cosmic "Blue" 2016 Honda Civic EX-L
I have the EX-L in Cosmic "Blue". The reason why the blue is in quotation marks is because you are hard pressed to recognize it as blue. I wanted a blue car and the Aegean was too bright for me. So I went with this other "blue". It looks black! Right next to a true black car, you can see a difference but even then it just looks rather charcoal colored. I am disappointed about that. And no choice in interior which is black and grey. I guess the most generous thing I can say about the color is a very dark navy blue if you have to call it a blue...

Troy Jollimore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring, 2018 VW Golf
Country flag
Which is why I chose Burgundy Night Pearl, since Cosmic Blue wasn't available in Canada. Colour shifts to black. Looks REALLY nice! (Grandma colour? SERIOUSLY?!?) ;) It gets dirty WAY fast, though. Like, two days fast... Because of that, I'd probably pick Modern Steel Metallic if I had it to do over again.

I'm too lazy to wash my car all the time...

David Harper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic coupe
Country flag
When I bought mine there were only two LX MT coupes within a hundred miles of my dealer. One was black, the other was Modern Steel. I bought the steel one because I've had black before and it shows dirt and scratches too much. I love the red,if one had been available I might have bought it. The modern steel does have a real nice metallic component though. If you wash it with a good liquid car wash product like Meguiar's ultimate you won't wash the wax off at all. My Honda dealer gave me this stuff called paint cleaner/shield which is supposed to clean the clear coat before waxing, and it seems to work pretty good. It has clay in it. Then I use Meguiars ultimate liquid wax. I've owned the car for three months and(call me crazy)I've waxed it two times.

Linda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cosmic "Blue" 2016 Honda Civic EX-L
Ok....I would NOT recommend the Cosmic "Blue". For one thing, it is not blue. And secondly it shows dirt more than any car I have ever owned and I have owned many and in many colors. I only drove to the store in the rain the other day and it is only a few miles and my car looks terrible! So dirty! And it was just rain! I ordered a blue car but this color is one of the two disappointments with my new Civic. I am getting used to some other things about it.

Troy Jollimore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Ok....I would NOT recommend the Cosmic "Blue". For one thing, it is not blue. And secondly it shows dirt more than any car I have ever owned and I have owned many and in many colors. I only drove to the store in the rain the other day and it is only a few miles and my car looks terrible! So dirty! And it was just rain! I ordered a blue car but this color is one of the two disappointments with my new Civic. I am getting used to some other things about it.
Really? I'd say the same about Burgundy Night Pearl!

Ghostinnc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 black pearl Civic EX-T coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Which is why I chose Burgundy Night Pearl, since Cosmic Blue wasn't available in Canada. Colour shifts to black. Looks REALLY nice! (Grandma colour? SERIOUSLY?!?) ;) It gets dirty WAY fast, though. Like, two days fast... Because of that, I'd probably pick Modern Steel Metallic if I had it to do over again.

I'm too lazy to wash my car all the time...
Welcome my world Black gets dirty if there's morning dew lol I spend more on car washes than gas :banghead:

Snoopyslr

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T, 2016 Ford F-150, 2003 Subaru Impreza WRX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Welcome my world Black gets dirty if there's morning dew lol I spend more on car washes than gas :banghead:
Black car care is on a whole different level, but when it's done right it is amazing. Definitely spend some money for really high quality products on a black car.

Troy Jollimore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I've had black cars before, and after a certain level, they don't seem any dirtier. Maybe it's something about the Honda paints?

Dsgstp8d

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'07 335 coupe, '17 hatch sport
Country flag
I would stay away from the pearls because if you ever need body work it's a lot harder to have the paint properly blended to the rest of the car. I swore to myself I'd never again buy a black car after my 97 prelude as black cars are impossible to keep clean. My current car is gray and I think it's the best color to get because they always look clean and will also be a good color for resale value in the future. That being said, like others have said, get the color you like and everyone else can go fly a kite.

CivicChina

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 1.5t 6MT Cosmic Blue
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I love my cosmic blue but it gets dirty too quickly, so most of the time looks ugly unless you wash it often. but then it will start showing swirls and scratches.....
Get a white car! i miss how easy it was to keep. unfortunately i wasn't able to find a wop civic.
Sponsored