Heated seats turning on automatically? 2017 Civic EX-T

prjkthack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Country flag
So I didn't want to drag up an older post, but this post states that the car's climate control system can determine whether it activates the heated seats or not under certain conditions. Is this still the case with the 2017 Civic?

I've recently (as in maybe in the past 2 weeks out of the 5 weeks that I have owned this car) noticed that a front seat will turn on automatically when I use the push button start on my 2017 Civic EX-T (not remote start, iirc). The behavior is rather inconsistent, as it will only ever turn on one of the front seats (not both at the same time, as I would assume such a heating system would operate). Once it was the driver's seat, and another 2 times it was the passenger seat (once with someone sitting in it, and the other time without). I can't replicate the issue, it happens randomly, but it does turn on the lights on the buttons (each time it happened the seats were turned to "high"). The weather hasn't been cold recently either, so I'm worried its a glitch, and the last thing I need is my seats to cook me or my passengers, or worse, ruin the car in some way.

I don't mind the heated seats coming on, in fact I wish it would do it more often during actual cold weather (maybe at the low setting though). But the fact that its so inconsistent and that it only happens to one seat or the other makes it seem more like an electrical issue or software bug.
Sponsored

boston7686

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R, Rallye Red
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
From my understanding, the car only puts on the heated seats when the car is started with the remote starter, no other time.

OP
OP
prjkthack

prjkthack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Country flag
From my understanding, the car only puts on the heated seats when the car is started with the remote starter, no other time.
Thanks for the reply. It sounds like that's how it should work based on info on the internet. I ended up calling customer service and they told me at no time should the heated seats be turning on without someone actually pressing the button. So I'm probably going to have to take the car in and get it looked at.

caspar21

2018 Civic Si
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Country flag
if your not knocking the button when you toss your keys or phone in the middle consol then picky relay firing it on.
Sponsored